Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Tilly MFW in 6 YRS
    Countdown to Freedom
    • 5th Nov 11, 9:12 PM
    Countdown to Freedom 5th Nov 11 at 9:12 PM
    A new diary as we enter the last two months of 2011. I have been lurking for almost a year and have found so many of you inspirational, particularly Billy, Michelle, Radish, and Museum Worker.

A bit of background I am married to a great man, two kids who are growing up too quickly, two cats and a dog! Never a dull moment in our household as you can imagine.

I had my LB moment 12 months ago and started to work on my husband to bring him round as I thought we both needed to be on board to tackle this project. I have just asked him when he had his LB moment and he said 'when you told me I had' however he swiftly followed this up with 'when I realised we would never reduce the mortgage whilst battling with 'the large Spanish bank'!

To set the stage for where we are and where we are aiming for:
    Current mortgage 312000 and I wince as I type the number, with the outstanding mortgage due to finish in 10 years. Aim is to clear the mortgage in 6 years. We are fortunate that we are both employed on good salaries however in this day and age who knows how long that will last.
    Onwards and upwards, my next post will be to build a picture of how I/we have put into practice all the things learnt from you great people.

Thanks for reading and I hope some day I can inspire others the way some of you have inspired me/us.
Page 433
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,067Posts Today

6,465Users online

Martin's Twitter