Pet Insurance Cost Cutting System/MoneySavingExpert.com Discussion

Comments

• I have 4 cats of various ages and i'm trying to find somewhere that will insure them on the same policy, not seperately.

can anyone help please?
    If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all :)
  • ecoelle
    ecoelle Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hve you tried pet plan? we had our cat insured with htme we'd only had her for 3 months from a rescue centre before she got ill and nfortunately in November had to be put to sleep, pet plan were brilliant, they didn't quibble over anything and sorted out the claim for vets fees in a couple of weeks. I would recommend them to anyone, plus i think you can get cashback from them through pigsback i'm not sure about quidco though.
  • but do they insure multiple pets on the same policy?
    i have emailed them to ask, thanks
  • Little_John
    Little_John Posts: 4,033 Forumite
    Admiral multicat??

sorry I coldnt resist.

I havnt heard of any policy that will cover multiple animals on a single policy. The only think I can think would be to phone as many companies you can to get quick answers, they may have another policy that could be better or give discounts for buying more than 1 policy that they dont list on their website.

why bother insuring them 1 goes you have 3 spare?
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Randy Ros,

There are lots of tips on pet insurance in Martin's article Pet Insurance Cost Cutting System

Also there are quite a few thread on the Pets and Pet Care board that cover this subject so I'll move your thread over there to see if you can get more responses.

Pink
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Why do you want to have them all on one policy?

We have just signed up to sainsburys pet insurance through Quidco,

£28 cashback on quidco
    £20 of Sainsburys vouchers

All for about £8 a month (per cat)

And we did that for three cats! £84 cashback in Quidco and £60 worth of Sainsburys vouchers!
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • Hi there..can anyone give me advice on pet insurance. I have got 6 weeks free insurance with petplan and have just done a quote with them for my 3 month old samoyed puppy...supreme cover is £28.88 a month....budget cover is £20.50 a month which is up to £4000.00 per year....

a quote from the pdsa pet insurance is half the price.
    petinsurance5000 is £9.84 per month and is up to £5000.00 per year and for ongoing conditions....

I have tried to get a quote from M&S but its not available at the moment.

Please can someone help I am totally confused.

Thanks
    Welshmum
  • welshmum wrote: »
    Hi there..can anyone give me advice on pet insurance. I have got 6 weeks free insurance with petplan and have just done a quote with them for my 3 month old samoyed puppy...supreme cover is £28.88 a month....budget cover is £20.50 a month which is up to £4000.00 per year....

a quote from the pdsa pet insurance is half the price.
    petinsurance5000 is £9.84 per month and is up to £5000.00 per year and for ongoing conditions....

I have tried to get a quote from M&S but its not available at the moment.

Please can someone help I am totally confused.

Thanks
    Welshmum

M&S for our Bengal; £700 of treatment in the first year of his policy, no excess and M&S paid up without a quibble.
    You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky

Any advice that you receive from me is worth exactly what you paid for it. Not a penny more or a penny less.
  • RandyRos
    RandyRos Posts: 561 Forumite
    Plushchris wrote: »
    Why do you want to have them all on one policy?

We have just signed up to sainsburys pet insurance through Quidco,

£28 cashback on quidco
    £20 of Sainsburys vouchers

All for about £8 a month (per cat)

And we did that for three cats! £84 cashback in Quidco and £60 worth of Sainsburys vouchers!

because we cant afford to insure them all seperately. we've never had insurance on any of our animals before but my cats keep coming back injured from another (unknown) cat, so i was wondering if it'd work out cheaper? ive not long paid about £90 for one of my cats that were bitten on the leg and now my big male is injured and i have to take him tomorrow and im dreading it :(
  • Hi

I'm not sure you'll be able to cover all of your cats on one policy because I thought they worked out the premium based on the age and health etc of the cat.
    However We've just insured our cats with Halifax through Quidco and they do give a discount for more than one cat.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure