IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
UKPC Ticket Belfast HELP PLEASE!!
Views: 2,243
# 41
Coupon-mad
Old 29-05-2013, 7:00 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Thanked 33,218 Times in 13,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_ranger View Post
just recieved one of these through the door for parking in boucher road were dw sports is they have a picture of a fine on my window which wasnt there when i returned plus i dont even know what im fined for they said i left the site ???? sure its free parking car park i dont understand whats going on here haha ????

I've looked this up and see it's in Belfast so just ignore it and the letters that follow (see links to threads about the debt collector letters, in my reply above).

BTW we don't need an update to bump this old thread every time you get a letter, we know about them. They won't be trying a court claim in Belfast.
Ticket in a private car park in England/Wales?... DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT- the advice changed in 2012/13!

CLICK on '>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking>' end of the small blue 'Home>Forums>' link, top of the page, to see current threads.
Do NOT read older advice to ignore, unless it was in Scotland or NI.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Coupon-mad For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 42
SevenTowers
Old 29-05-2013, 9:48 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default PLEASE!!! UKPC? Just ignore these scammers!

I too got a ticket in Belfast from UKPC, at Yorkgate (Cityside) in January for parking on a paved area that loads of cars were using as the car park was full. If they genuinely wanted people to stop parking there they could easily put up clear signs, bollards or even just traffic cones but they don't because they want people to park there so they can issue phoney PCNs, it's just a cash-cow for them.

I endorse Coupon-Mad's comments, it's not even worth discussing, just ignore ignore, ignore. I am currently onto my 3rd letter from Debt Recovery +, the second was a "Notice of Intended Litigation" (Aye, right!!!) and now laughably the they have a "Reduced Payment Offer". I am patiently waiting the next letter from Zenith Collections (i.e. next desk in the same office) with a further reduced payment offer.

The only line from their letters that had any credibility at all did make me laugh.

"If you do not contact us following receipt of this letter we will have no alternative than to assume that you are avoiding making payment" - No S**t Sherlock!!!

Now sit back, relax , and look forward to playing threatogramme bingo with your computer generated letter chains.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SevenTowers For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 43
Karl1982
Old 02-04-2014, 9:27 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

hey SevenTowers - i have juste receied the same letter from Zenith saying that they have reduced it from 160 - to 80.00. Ive ignored every letter to date . .. im guessing the next step is .. to IGNORE ??
# 44
cally_222
Old 02-04-2014, 9:54 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Stick with your own thread

Hi Karl
Please keep this in your own thread:
UKPC parking charges at Boucher Crescent ?
or if its a new ticket then start a new thread, gets too confusing otherwise.
But anyway, just keep ignoring. My Boucher Road tickets started in 2011 and I'm felling very unloved since I haven't heard anything from UKPC for quite a few months now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cally_222 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 45
Karl1982
Old 02-04-2014, 11:02 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cally_222 View Post
Hi Karl
Please keep this in your own thread:
UKPC parking charges at Boucher Crescent ?
or if its a new ticket then start a new thread, gets too confusing otherwise.
But anyway, just keep ignoring. My Boucher Road tickets started in 2011 and I'm felling very unloved since I haven't heard anything from UKPC for quite a few months now.
dead on ! didnt think posting to this would be an issue - dont see much activity on it tbh!
# 46
pogofish
Old 02-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Thanked 3,018 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl1982 View Post
didnt think posting to this would be an issue - dont see much activity on it tbh!
However, overall activity on this board is massive and wasting time on dead/bumped threads can mean someone with a live problem might not get helped so well.

You also clearly agreed that you would not bump threads as part of your signup!
# 47
Karl1982
Old 02-04-2014, 11:44 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogofish View Post
However, overall activity on this board is massive and wasting time on dead/bumped threads can mean someone with a live problem might not get helped so well.

You also clearly agreed that you would not bump threads as part of your signup!
point taken
The Following User Says Thank You to Karl1982 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 48
SevenTowers
Old 02-04-2014, 10:25 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

A reminder to all in NI, or indeed anywhere in the UK to take a little time to complete this Government Survey about Clamping and Private Parking in NI;

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...662&highlight=

And yes Karl, continue ignoring the parking scammers.
The Following User Says Thank You to SevenTowers For This Useful Post: Show me >>