Posting to Isle Of Wight

Does it cost more to post to Isle of Wight? I've just had 3 items sell to a buyer there,need to send invoice ASAP but unsure if it costs more. I do state on page that postage costs are for U.K mainland only,and if elsewhere please contact for quote.:confused: Thanks!
If google doesn't know it, how should i?

Comments

• No it won't cost anymore, Isle of Wight is in the UK and it doesn't cost anything extra to send there :)
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Does it cost more to post to Isle of Wight? I've just had 3 items sell to a buyer there,need to send invoice ASAP but unsure if it costs more. I do state on page that postage costs are for U.K mainland only,and if elsewhere please contact for quote.:confused: Thanks!
    If Royal Mail it is the same, as is all postage for UK, including all the islands (and in most cases Channel Islands). Unless you are sending by courier there is no reason to charge extra for non mainland UK.

Most couriers don't charge any extra for Isle of Wight anyway, its one of the few exceptions.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Actually a number of smaller couriers do charge extra for the Isle Of Wight. The bigger ones have agents on the Island who pick up from the ferry for delivery so don't charge any extra. Royal Mail don't charge any extra though and Isle Of Wight does count as UK Mainland. I thought that the only places exculded from "UK Mainland" were extreme Scottish islands and channel Islands?
  • RFW
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    Royal Mail don't charge any extra though and Isle Of Wight does count as UK Mainland. I thought that the only places exculded from "UK Mainland" were extreme Scottish islands and channel Islands?
    Not with Royal Mail, only Channel Islands are excluded on some services (Standard Parcels from memory).
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    I thought that the only places exculded from "UK Mainland" were extreme Scottish islands and channel Islands?

The Scottish Islands (yes all of them) and Northern Island all have the same Royal mail Rates and Parcelforce rates as the rest of the U.K>
  • RFW
    cyberbob wrote: »
    The Scottish Islands (yes all of them) and Northern Island all have the same Royal mail Rates and Parcelforce rates as the rest of the U.K>
    It depends how you pay Parcelforce, if you are on a contract they have a surcharge for highlands and islands (except Isle of Wight!). The price via Paypal is a flat rate for all the UK.
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    RFW wrote: »
    It depends how you pay Parcelforce, if you are on a contract they have a surcharge for highlands and islands (except Isle of Wight!). The price via Paypal is a flat rate for all the UK.

Thats what I meant non contract parcelforce.
  • Thanks for all the replies!
    If google doesn't know it, how should i?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure