New tunnel - no light yet

Comments

• girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Well, we ended up going to Mr M's for groceries. We will be doing the Lidl/Aldi thing once the tax credits reduce. We can walk to Mr M's but we have to drive to L/A. We will be doing the weekly shop on a Sunday from August so it will be easier. Too long a story to go into detail, I just tried and have deleted it all as I was boring myself.

The good news is that we came in £4.50 under budget! We bought that same bar of chocolate = £2.49 on offer at £1.50. When I checked my receipt I had been charged £2.49 again!!! Complained, again. The woman asked me three times what I had been charged and what it should have been. I told her, three times. I tried to be clear but she asked if I had 2p (I did) then gave me 2x £1 coins. I just didn't get it but I had spent so long trying to explain that I just walked away (after saying thank you). Last night when I was in bed trying to sleep I realised I had said to her that the same thing happened on Monday and that the woman (on Monday) had said she would correct the offer. The woman yesterday must have thought I had been overcharged twice and was giving me back the 2 x 99p. Then I couldn't sleep because I felt bad. Now I have remembered the times with the odd 10p here and 20p there that Mr M's have overcharged me and I am trying to resonate with myself that it evens it out a bit :cool: They never undercharge me...

Anyway, I popped 50p in the sealed pot and put my leftover £2 pocket money away towards bus fares for a trip we have at the end of July.

£4 left in the grocery budget.

£20 in the pocket money purse (new week).

My colleague is on holiday today and tomorrow so I have absolutely nothing to do. Nothing. I am so bored.
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,817
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Could give you a wee list of things to do :p
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • girlatplay
    Forumite
    Lou I'll take it!! The laugh of it is, I have 1,000,001 things to do at home so if I wasn't here I wouldn't be bored.

This will all come back to bite me though won't it? In a month's time when I'm in the new job I will be coming on here about 9.30pm saying I have had such a busy day and I wish there were days when I could just do nothing...

Never happy me :(:D
    300 282 payments to go.
  • girlatplay
    Forumite
    Good morning!

The sun is shining here :D (after a Noah's Ark type downpour this morning).

Paid £12.91 to the loan this morning. That was to round down an account (£2.91 just didn't seem enough :o).

It's nearly the weekend :j

Have a good one all :)
    300 282 payments to go.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Weather here was dire this morning.
    Have a happy weekend :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Cant believe Mr M's charged you wrong for the chocolate again!! Glad you got it sorted and I wouldn't worry about the extra they gave you, imagine all the people who are buying that chocolate without realising and being overcharged!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• girlatplay
    Forumite
    It's been a mixed bag of weather here all weekend. Today it's not raining so far but it is dull, but quite mild. I am armed with umbrellas that I bought at the weekend! Let's see how long these last...

Nothing to report today. Just plodding :)
    300 282 payments to go.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Just plodding too :)

• girlatplay
    Forumite
    Right there with ya!
    300 282 payments to go.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578