IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Apcoa Parking fines and 'admin' on rental car- Paid at machine with 1 wrong digit :(

Options

Comments

• Computersaysno
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Not a waste of time because ADR costs the hire firm money, and they MUST offer ADR!

Fair enough......
  • jimmyb78
    jimmyb78 Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 29 September 2017 at 10:37AM
    Options
    UPDATE---

APCOA cancelled both tickets. I then forwarded this info to Easirent. So today I finally received a mail from the woman in the PCN dept about my admin fees...

'Hi,

Apologies for the delay in regards to your refund. I have been waiting for our lease company to get back to me.

They have credited 50% of the admin charges so I have refunded this back on to your card.'

I replied saying this was unacceptable as they are still trying to keep hold of 55 pounds for essentially nothing. I received this reply

'I have refunded you what I am authorised to do. The admin fee is £55.00 per fine as per your Terms & Conditions of hire with Easirent. We do incur admin fees and costs ourselves for every fine we process and will always do our best the help where any fines are cancelled.

It is APCOA that issued the fines incorrectly and I have helped as much as I can. If you wish to take this further please do contact our Customer Services Team
    at customer.services@easirent.com'

I could reply directly to her with the info about this not being a fine and a speculative invoice etc. but it seems she's absolved herself of further responsibility. What do you guys think about best next steps?
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Chargeback on credit card

These are not fines, and they are not covered by the terms and conditions.
  • jimmyb78
    Options
    StaffsSW wrote: »
    I've no record of any tickets that match your details on my fines system, so it must have been one of their owned vehicles, but I do have a good contact at ER if you need any help later on.

Hello Staffs, tried to PM you but couldn't get through. If you could share your easirent contact with me, I could see if they could help. Thanks.
  • jimmyb78
    Options
    Chargeback on credit card

These are not fines, and they are not covered by the terms and conditions.

I'll try that as a last resort. The card I used is from my Russian bank, so explaining such technicalities about the British parking fine system may be tricky :)
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Just say they are invoices, like any private firm issues, just "dressed uP" to look like they are more official.
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jimmyb78 wrote: »
    Hello Staffs, tried to PM you but couldn't get through. If you could share your easirent contact with me, I could see if they could help. Thanks.

I've replied now.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • jimmyb78
    Options
    StaffsSW wrote: »
    I've replied now.

Thanks very much!
  • jimmyb78
    Options
    Update: After an intitial reply from Easirent saying their 'lease company' would only refund 50% of my admin fees I have now received the whole sum back after escalating it with customer services. Thw whole business has taken about 5 weeks to resolve in all.

Thank you everyone for your help!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jimmyb78 wrote: »
    Update: After an intitial reply from Easirent saying their 'lease company' would only refund 50% of my admin fees I have now received the whole sum back after escalating it with customer services. Thw whole business has taken about 5 weeks to resolve in all.

Thank you everyone for your help!

Brilliant, a lesson to everyone:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family