Lets have a Debt Free Pod!

Comments

• Peabody_2
    Peabody_2 Posts: 276 Forumite
    Morning

All a bit meh here today, had one of those days at work yesterday and I didn't get a good nights sleep. So I'm tired, the office is full of people today as we have one of our quarterly company briefings this afternoon and all I want to go is curl up and sleep.... not a good combination!!!

Plus side is we're all being taken out for dinner so that'll be nice and free which is always a bonus!

Trying to keep to a NSD today, but tired and fed up is not a good combination for my spending or eating :o:( Just want to get through to the weekend and have some time doing nothing much.

Sorry not feeling very perky today
    Total at 9th Feb 12 - £17,500 :eek: Now - £6,851.05
    Loan - £6022.05, [STRIKE]Card 1 - £3293.85,[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Card 2 - £2287.04[/STRIKE], Sofa - £825.00
    Wedding Pot - £0.00 :o
  • Peabody_2
    Well got through yesterday.

The cat brought in a live bird last night and let it go living room :eek: apparently it took Mr Pea 30mins to extract it with the help of the cat :rotfl: said cat is about 13/14 years old and had some teeth out in November so he's not a lethal as he was this time last year, but as less the bird survived :T

A £13 spend here today, but that's for things to get us through the weekend ready for payday on Tuesday.

Frankly that can't come soon enough! Feeling really tired again today, but we don't have much planned for the weekend so I should be able to have a rest.
    Loan - £6022.05, [STRIKE]Card 1 - £3293.85,[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Card 2 - £2287.04[/STRIKE], Sofa - £825.00
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Hi Pea, just wanted to stop by to wish you well after reading through your diary.

I'm glad your OH managed to deal with the flying present that your cat delivered! I remember as a child there was a bird flapping around my parents living room and it was a combination of stressful but also hilarious watching my dad pounce around the living room trying to catch it to set it free.

Hope you manage to get through the weekend financially unscathed just in time for pay day... I've given up looking forward to pay day after years of hideous childcare wiping it all out but next month may be the first in a while that there's something leftover for fun!

Have a great weekend,

Jo
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • Peabody_2
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Hi Pea, just wanted to stop by to wish you well after reading through your diary.

I'm glad your OH managed to deal with the flying present that your cat delivered! I remember as a child there was a bird flapping around my parents living room and it was a combination of stressful but also hilarious watching my dad pounce around the living room trying to catch it to set it free.

Hope you manage to get through the weekend financially unscathed just in time for pay day... I've given up looking forward to pay day after years of hideous childcare wiping it all out but next month may be the first in a while that there's something leftover for fun!

Have a great weekend,

Jo

Thanks :) to be honest I'd rather take a live bird over a dead one any day :rotfl:

Weekend should be good, out with a friend and her 1 year old tomorrow. Will be a cheap day out our trips always are!
  • Peabody_2
    Right weekend over :( but it's payday tomorrow :T

Cheapish weekend had which is good, all caught up on Poldark again, just need to watch last nights episode. Mr Pea sold his unused bike frame for £700 which is fab, chap comes to collect it next weekend. So he'll be paying a nice chunk off his credit card this month!

Probably going to be a small spend day today, but that's fine. I have my note book at the ready to keep track of spending, eating and exercise so feeling ready to get this done!!
  • Peabody_2
    Hmmm just signed up to Swagbucks.... I don't appear to be qualifying for anything!!!
  • Peabody_2
    Right have been through work emails. :rotfl:

Jobs for today:

- Set up my budget spreadsheet for the coming month
    - Shop around for the few bits I know I want to get.
    - Make up lunches for tomorrow when I get home.
    - Work out initial payments on credit cards with a hope to over pay at the end of the month.
    - But through the receipt from my Chiropractor appointment as I can reclaim this through work :money:
    - Do either some time on the bike or a Pilates video (time to get fit!)

I think that should do for today :D I'll let you know how I get on
  • Peabody_2
    Peabody wrote: »
    Jobs for today:

[STRIKE]- Set up my budget spreadsheet for the coming month[/STRIKE] Done... well had to redo as I'd lost my spreadsheet :eek:
    - Shop around for the few bits I know I want to get.
    - Make up lunches for tomorrow when I get home.
    - [STRIKE]Work out initial payments on credit cards with a hope to over pay at the end of the month.[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]But through the receipt from my Chiropractor appointment as I can reclaim this through work :money: [/STRIKE]
    - Do either some time on the bike or a Pilates video (time to get fit!)

Not bad for a day at work!! Even managed to get some actual work done as well :rotfl::D;)

Debate is currently bike or Pilates..... Bike will probably be easier and I need to raid YouTube for Pilates videos. I have some arm toning exercises to do as well (free print off and some soup tins for weights :rotfl:)

Bit of Tuna Pasta bake for dinner, so hopefully will have enough for a lunch of left overs!
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sounds like you had a good day. I'd stick something on the tv and go for bike :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Peabody_2
    Wooop its Pay Day!!!!! :T:j

So that means:

- Payment to Card 2
    - Finally have food in the house!
    - Can fuel the car
    - Get going with this debt busting!

Really excited today, which is a bit sad really. But I'll be paying off my budgeted card 2 payment today, the statement for the other card hasn't come yet and I don't want to pay it until it does. Then it's live as cheaply as I can until next payday so I can hopefully have some extra to pay off it.

I need to keep checking to see when my expenses go into my account as they need to be paid off the card as well.

Unfortunately Tuna Pasta Bake didn't cover lunch today, Mr Pea and I were hungry apparently :o but it's fine there was enough stuff in the house to rustle something up for today.

Although nearly disaster when I thought we'd run out of cat food!! :eek::eek::eek: The Moglet had an initial breakfast consisting of cat treats and a slice of chopped up ham :o:o then Mr Pea found 1 forgotten pouch of food which stopped the Moglet from rioting :rotfl: I felt like a very bad cat parent.

I think that's all for now. Will update again later

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport