$10+ a day Neobux Challenge 2016

Comments

• BarryNB
    BarryNB Posts: 29 Forumite
    Great to see another batch of the ads but they are being a bit glitchy for me.

Could be my laptop though?

Hi KM, did all the extra ads yesterday and was fine for me on my PC.

There's another 131 ads appeared on mine again this morning, so I'm clicking away in case they disappear :T
  • I managed to get through them.

None for me this morning but then they never used to show up until my reg ads showed and unfortunately for me thats after 7 pm.

Nice to see the return of them of them though! How many more do you need for Golden?
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • BarryNB
    Nice to see the return of them of them though! How many more do you need for Golden?

It most definitely is! :D :beer:

Needing roughly 1600 for Golden now.
  • Fingers crossed the ads keep coming for you.

I would never have got enough points to get two years Golden without the ads we got last year.

They were a mixed blessing as it drove me almost crazy trying to do them all every night but so worth it to save $90 (Or $180;))
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • BarryNB
    Lol, yes! I'd forgotten what is was like to click 200 ads a day, until yesterday!
    And being $0.005, they also help to build up the balance quickly too! :)

One thing that has started to happen again for me. I won 3 adprizes in 4 days :T
    All my ad prizes have been low points or cents prizes though.
    Do you only win the bigger prizes when you are Golden?
  • Golden was my first big win (after I had paid for my fist one)

Not had many big ones since. The usual 10 pointers and an odd 0.25c
    though my last win was $2!!

Someone on the neo forum that I follow won $50 recently so they are there to win........just pot luck I think.
  • Surfchik80
    Surfchik80 Posts: 472 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yep - mine turned up again today too. I'm still working my way through the last few now the girls are in bed. Have yours turned up yet KM?

I don't think I want to go back to 200 a day though - it was too addictive in a bad way once my slightly OCD tendencies latched onto it! Not good with toddlers being my main 'job'! This is quite a nice amount at the moment, but I'm not getting stressed if I can't do them.

Currently just grabbing what I can and waiting for the discount period that is hopefully due in the next few days. I bought quite a few RRs last time and overstretched a bit I think. Especially as I now have auto pay turned off.

Barry - I found some of the points offers really helpful on the last nudge towards 30000 points. The simple app download ones worked well for me when they turn up and I've never had an issue with dodgy downloads. Same goes for the ones offering coins.
    £10 a day 2017 - APR £60.12 / MAR £82.24 / FEB £142.82 / JAN £241.24
  • Yeah Surfchik....they were here for me when I got in from work and logged in around 9 p.m .

Done quite a few but Im tired now so going to bed with 50 left.

Hopefully they will be there in the morning.

Hoping to extend 100+ for 240 days in the next discount day.

Have $113 saved with another $10 if my clixsense skrill payment clears in time.

Just need 3 more refs to take me to the 750 goal.

Will get them on Saturday. Then I will be sitting still for a long while.

:D
  • GromitFan
    GromitFan Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi all.

Well, those extra mini-ads being back certainly seemed to revived this thread a bit.

Has everyone been getting them when their clicks appear? Not quite back at the 200 a day, but been getting well over 100 per day for a few days now. Very welcome to boost the balance, but I must make sure it doesn't take over life. I'm sure I wont be the only one thinking that!

I've been diligently exporting my RR data into the Handy Referrals Manager for about 3 weeks now and so guess I really need to figure out what to do with the data. Hopefully I can at least make some sort of start of deciding who needs recycled (if I can figure out what to do with the data in the Handy Referrals Manager).

Barry - Being Golden certainly doesn't assist in winning bigger adprizes, at least not in my experience. I've been Golden since August and since then the biggest cash prize I've won has been $0.50 and the biggest points prize I've won has been 100 points.
    I've just looked back my history and reckon I'd more adprize wins when I was actually a standard member. I'm not saying that standard members have more wins, but more that I believe it must surely be random.
    I started neobux in February 2016 and became golden in the August of that year.
    Whilst a standard member (February - 10th August 2016) I won the following on adprizes:
    10 points - 24 times
    100 points - 4 times
    $0.25: 6 times
    $0.50: 4 times
    And since becoming Golden (10th August 2016 onwards) I won the following on adprizes:
    10 points - 14 times
    100 points - 1 times
    $0.25: 3 times
    $0.50: 1 times
    Obviously I don't have the chance to click absolutely every adprize, especially now that we are back at the volume of mini-ads, but when we were getting hardly any mini-ads, then I did try to click most of the adprizes.

Surfchik - Sounds sensible trying to grab as many mini-ads as you can for the next discount day. Unfortunately I wont have anywhere near enough saved up to extend that many, but will try to maximise what I can. Think it's expected at the end of this month?

KM - So close to your aim of 750! Wonder in a few weeks/months if you will be happy sitting at the 750 or whether you will decide that a higher number like 1000 is where you need to be. Difficult to know what's for the best. Have you got much in your ultimate pot? And do you still have the same aim date in mind? Fingers crossed it doesn't take you too long.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 March 2017 at 6:02PM
    GromitFan wrote: »
    Hi all.

KM - So close to your aim of 750! Wonder in a few weeks/months if you will be happy sitting at the 750 or whether you will decide that a higher number like 1000 is where you need to be. Difficult to know what's for the best. Have you got much in your ultimate pot? And do you still have the same aim date in mind? Fingers crossed it doesn't take you too long.

Are you a mind reader? :rotfl: I am already thinking that 1000 refs might be a better place to aim for before going ultimate.

I could possibly have enough saved by Oct if I stuck at 750 but then my progress after that would be quite slow with then having to put aside over $2 a day for the following years ultimate payment and the constant expense of extending refs, soooooooooo.........my thoughts now, are to keep putting a bit into my Ultimate pot (have $213 at the moment) and buy 10 refs a week aiming for 1000 by Xmas time and should have enough in Ultimate pot for the New Year promo.

Will hold off on this plan till the next promo (end of April) and I will try to get a bit ahead of myself by again extending as many as possible.

Nice to see your list of adprizes!! Points wins.....I never win more than 10 but cant grumble as I had my one big win with the Golden.

Came home today expecting the promo to be there but its not. Tonight maybe or tomorrow.

I have 2 days left on my batch of 80 I bought so cutting it a bit fine. :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure