The Happiness Fund.

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 May 2016 at 8:45PM
    Hello Blue Mango, thank you for popping by. I hope you had a good day. It did rain earlier today but now the weather is glorious and has really lifted my mood.

I spent 35 mins on the phone to my bank this morning. I didn't get a chance to set up 4 DD on my other account for a switch. I will have to ring Tescos to sort it out on another day.

There is light at the end of the tunnel now most of work is nearly over, I have a lot to look forward to this summer please let it be a hot one that doesn't cost much. lol.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    It was sunny today but a bit colder than last week. I didn't do much. I am currently watching Eurovision, it is pants despite the chocolate and crisps I am knocking back.:rotfl:

I have been looking at things on fleabay. I can't afford them but it is nice to look at garden furniture. I have just spoken to one of my friends at work who is facing a pay cut of £4k and is really worried.

I am going to sort out the coop application on Tuesday I think. That is my plan for this week. I keep putting it off but if I don't apply I wont get it. :o
  • savingwannabe
    edited 15 May 2016 at 7:49PM
    The sun is shining outside. I have done my marking. All is well. It is nearly the summer hols and I am happy.

I have made a few bids on fleabay on ladybird books and summer tops but only 99p ones. I have also made a cheeky bid on a sofa for the kitchen let's see if he gets back to me. OMG they have I have just spent £40 on a nice sofa which should cost almost £200.
  • Sorry to hear the bad news about your work place savingwannabe, so many people seem to be stuck in jobs that either have temporary contracts, or just slash peoples wages and tell them to put up with it :(

Hopefully your garden will look lovely with the new pots though so you'll have a nice time sitting outside with a book in the summer!
  • savingwannabe
    edited 15 May 2016 at 9:07PM
    Thank you BB. I hope I will be ok. I don't have luxurious hols so it should be ok and I don't have any debt other than my mortgage. I should still be able to cover my mortgage if I am careful. If it gets too much I will rent out a room or tutor. :j:money:

I will go and see the sofa tomorrow. It will fit in my kitchen I think and make it more homely.
  • savingwannabe
    I saw the sofa it is really nice (and cheap!!!!) and is being delivered on Saturday, all being well. Total cost £65 including delivery.

I have fallen off the wagon with spending at work, lots of spending as I had run out of food at home and had to get sandwiches from there instead.:eek: I have stocked up so will be fine for a while.

The boys will visit on Friday and help take lots of our things to Susan to put in the charity shop. My garage will be much clearer leaving me access to do all sorts in the garden. Yay.

I am going to try not to spend any money for a while as I must practise frugality. Many people have been cutting back at work as we have realised that our salary will fall. I think I cut back anyway so hopefully I will be able to manage.
  • savingwannabe
    OK so there has been a blip. :o:o:o:eek::eek::eek::eek:Susan has found me a brand new garden swing seat chair that is being sold at a fab price of £59.99 including postage. I couldn't say no. It is a once in a lifetime offer :o;)I will be good for the rest of the month.

One more spend to go. One of my friends is having her birthday meal on Saturday and I will visit town with her and will get vouchers for her birthday too. Then I will be poor and not spend anything probably because I will have run out of money. I haven't spent on my credit card this month. It's interesting to see how far my money stretches. I earn more than I thought.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 21 May 2016 at 9:14AM
    Holy cow. The 'fleabay' sofa has arrived and I am over the moon. It will sit in the kitchen and myself, mum and dad can sit on it if we like when they visit. Currently we sit on the stairs while one of us is cooking and chat. lol. I am really impressed with the driver he was Eastern European and offered fab excellent customer service and solid price. No local delivery companies tendered for the bid!

I am supposed to be going out today but I feel exhausted. I might stay in as it is going to rain all day.
  • Rain sounds like a good reason to have a browse of the TV guide or some DVDs and have an afternoon with your feet up, especially if you're tired on top of it!
  • savingwannabe
    Bless you, I have had a lazy afternoon. Sleeping & on the computer reading. It is raining dreadfully outside. I have cooked some lamb and will have roast potatoes tonight too I think. A good healthy meal. Much cheaper than going out.

It's so hard as my friends often go out for food and I find it pretty bland and overpriced & when I try to explain they look at me as if I am mad:o:o They all work full time and earn more than me and don't understand my need to avoid unnecessary expense.

Hark at me !I don't regret the things I have purchased this month. I think they were far better than going out.

What's the weather like by you BB?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport