Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    greentiger wrote: »
    Hi all. well done those of you heading in the right direction. Chins up, the rest of us! We will turn it round.

Congratulations to those of you with something to celebrate. I'm celebrating the return of the football season tomorrow. The mighty Bairns will no doubt lose to the minnows of Stirling in the League Cup. Yes it's a REAL game, not a friendly. I'm going to miss 3 games when I'm on holiday!!!! I'm annoyed because I always do better SW wise when the footie's on; I think it gives more structure to my week.

To help avoid snacking, I've picked up my crochet hook again and have started a new blanket. And I've joined FB group, "Hook Yourself Slim" . Get your minds out of the gutter, ladies, although that might be ......

Sounds like a good way to supplement your income!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If I was married, I would say I am a football widow..... I just do not get it. I once watch a few minutes of Robbie Williams in a game... put me off him for life!

:D:D:D
  • Just a quick one from me as I was planning to weigh before travelling up to N Wales today but our plans changed and we travelled at the crack of dawn & when we arrived went straight up Snowden.

Needless to say syns went out of the window today & I'm shattered.

Next time it's the train :)
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    maman wrote: »
    Hope you're OK kathrynha. Just have a rant on here if it helps.:)

Thanks Maman. Not really okay, but not ready to really say much at the moment. Just need to get my head round some stuff.

Yesterday wasn't too bad eating wise, mainly due to not feeling like eating, but I did naff all body magic. Definitely putting working towards my silver on hold.

Today's plan (not sure why I'm bothering, but at least it gives me something to aim for)
    Breakfast - toast and hm lemon curd - not good, but it was nice
    Lunch - chicken salad
    Dinner - takeaway, but will pick well

HA - milk
    HB - bread
    Syns - lots!
    Zebras rock
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Morning all :A

Wi with a loss (finally :p) of 2.6lb despite last nights staff do (and cashewgate :eek:). The meal was a buffet and quite healthy (for me) I had ham, salad, beetroot, coleslaw and potato salad. I had 1 glass of water too :A
    Had a stress headache for few days too, one week to go then I can forget work :j

Today I'm spending quality time with the hubby, we're going out for day but not decided where yet. Will be nice whatever we do just being together for a change :D
    Have a good weekend all :A
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Have caught up with all the posts. Not posting any plans as still on holiday and not always in control of food! Today should be ok as we're not eating out.

Back soon. Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sounds like a good way to supplement your income!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Each to his own sunshinemummy. I can't believe how quickly the new season is coming around greentiger. It'll soon be time for me to get the half time Crunchies out again!:D

:T on your loss tie. Sounds lovely to have a day out together. Enjoy it.:)
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Today's plan (not sure why I'm bothering, but at least it gives me something to aim for)
    Breakfast - toast and hm lemon curd - not good, but it was nice
    Lunch - chicken salad
    Dinner - takeaway, but will pick well

HA - milk
    HB - bread
    Syns - lots!

I've never tried it myself (the recipe I mean) but if you like lemon curd there is a SW version:
    https://kellsslimmingworldadventure.wordpress.com/2015/11/21/recipe-syn-free-lemon-curd/

My DH is still suffering with his man flu so we won't be going to the nephew's party today. I'll miss catching up with family but not the synful nibbles that my niece always lays on. Every cloud eh! Might make up for the crisps I succumbed to last night to go with the wine. 6.5 syns for a measly 25g bag!:eek:

I might get some cooking done later. I want to try those turkey rissoles (got some YS mince yesterday) and I've got a couple of aubergines I want to try a Turkish meze dish with.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, fried egg, mushrooms, HEB (half) toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with cottage cheese and pickled cabbage
    D: chicken stir fry with noodles
    Syns: weekend wine :j
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Afternoon all :wave:
    Well done to the people that have lost:T:T:T
    I want a big loss this week, after all the moving of boxes , up and down stairs, loading cars and a lorry for my sisters move.
    BUT
    I have had a white bacon roll yesterday and today , beggers cant be choosers:rotfl::rotfl: was asked if i wanted a 2nd today , i really did but said no:T:T just had another slice of bacon instead:A:rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Hiya everybody, I have had a good day today and even had after my dinner, a sliver of apple pie with a spoonful of alpro ice cream and a squirt of light squirty cream .136 calories about 7 syns So, not too bad eh! :j :j

This is my tomorrow's menu Sunday

Breakfast...overnightoats with f f yoghurt and mixed berrries.

Lunch..ham and tomato sandwich 6 syns Apple, clementine.

Dinner.. home made meat and potato pie ( no crust ) mushy peas
    Strawberries blueberries light squirty cream. 3 syns.

Extra f f yoghurt. Banana, clementine.
    9 syns.
    :). :):)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good to hear you sounding positive wiz . I've been meaning to ask if MrWiz eats veg as it helps when everyone has the same meal.:)

I'm sure you deserved those bacon rolls bubbs , workers have to be fed!

I've had a good afternoon cooking and listening to the radio. The turkey rissoles are moreish so I've put them in the fridge to try and forget about them. If I make them again I'd add more spices. The aubergine and tomato meze is cooling, might need to taste that later. Swede and carrot is cooking now ready to make mash for tomorrow and a portion for the freezer.

Just taking a break with glass of wine before doing dinner but veg is all prepped so won't take too long.

Have a good evening all. :)
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Just had SW chips.... they were rather nice!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure