Free 100GB cloud backup

Dave_Donaldson
Dave_Donaldson Posts: 25 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 19 May 2017 at 10:09PM in Techie Stuff
I've just backed up just over 25GB to Zoolz cloud storage and so far so good :j
Zoolz is currently giving 100GB storage free for life, don't know if it's useful to anyone.
Here is the link...

Dave

Comments

• ColinFishwick
    ColinFishwick Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    Thanks always useful to have another cloud backup on go
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    They must be crossing their fingers that they dont get many people uploading 100GB.

3 million users worldwide? Something wrong with their figures? Or do barely any of these 3 million users pay them any money?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Some online reviews suggest that one good feature is it prevents video piracy by screening for filenames that indicate torrent use. Any naughty subscribers can have their accounts closed, but there's nothing to fear for ordinary users. :)
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    what about myholidayvideo.zip :)

Or just user a generic number for the filename or the IMDB ID number for that movie?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• ColinFishwick
    ColinFishwick Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    I am uploading 52Gb of photos and videos as we speak I am on fibre with up to 20mbps/sec upload currently averaging 14mbps/sec. Using there app zoolz dashboard to sync I have this backed up else where
  • SpanishBlue
    SpanishBlue Posts: 593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Anyone else signed up and getting the message saying your free trial will expire in 14 days? :think:
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Anyone else signed up and getting the message saying your free trial will expire in 14 days? :think:

Are you sure you've not signed up to the wrong service. They do offer free trials for the paid versions as well.
    The OP's link was to this page
    http://home.zoolz.co.uk/100gb-free-lifetime/

The 14 day free trial is here:
    https://cloud1.zoolz.co.uk/Signup

Totally different offer.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • DavidP24
    DavidP24 Posts: 957 Forumite
    All I saw was an App, to upload from PC you need a vault, oh what a surprise it is an upsell.

No thanks.

I can go create accounts on Mega.nz at 50gb at a time just for an email address, I would not rely on it by itself but as part of a number of strategies.
    Thanks, don't you just hate people with sigs !
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    DavidP24 wrote: »
    All I saw was an App, to upload from PC you need a vault, oh what a surprise it is an upsell.

No thanks.

I can go create accounts on Mega.nz at 50gb at a time just for an email address, I would not rely on it by itself but as part of a number of strategies.
    Sounds like Specsavers might be a good idea i
  • SpanishBlue
    SpanishBlue Posts: 593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    zagubov wrote: »
    Are you sure you've not signed up to the wrong service. They do offer free trials for the paid versions as well.
    The OP's link was to this page
    http://home.zoolz.co.uk/100gb-free-lifetime/

The 14 day free trial is here:
    https://cloud1.zoolz.co.uk/Signup

Totally different offer.

I used the link to the free 100gb service. I registered my email address and a password and downloaded their software.

When I tried to backup it wouldn't recognise my login details so I clicked register rather than logon and used the same email address and password that I used initially. (Maybe that's the point I accidentally registered for their 50GB paid for service).

At the bottom of the Zoolz Dashboard it shows both Cloud Instant Storage (50GB), which I shall ignore and Cold Storage (100GB) to which I have uploaded a small amount for test purposes.

I will wait till the 14 days is up until I upload lots more data just in case I lose my account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure