Going to London soon, never been before.

Hello everyone.

I have just been told by my Husband that he has booked me a ticket to go and see Lazarus at Kings Cross in London on the 14th December, (David Bowie fan, and big fan of Michael C. Hall, so he wanted to suprise me) he can't get any time off work to come with me so I will be going alone. I have never been to London before and we live in Northern Ireland so I am just trying to work out a few things.

I would have to fly with easyjet, the flights will be booked tonight, but before I do book them I wanted to ask if it would be possible for me to get from Kings Cross to stansted airport with enough time to catch my flight back. The show ends at 5pm at Kings Cross and the flight home would be departing at 8pm, not sure if I would have enough time or not. If not are there any cheap places to stay for one night around Kings Cross, as in a travel lodge or something similar and I could stay over and get a flight home the next day, but only if it is cheap enough, we don't have a lot of money and I know he went to a lot of trouble to do this for me so I would like to do this as cheap as possible!

Also, just wanting to check if I am able to go to Kings Cross station and get a train to Stansted? Any idea on the approx cost of that please?

Thank You very much.

Comments

• You can get from Stansted to Kings Cross in just over an hour. Cost for return ticket is £24.60. Hope this helps. Depends on how early you have to check in I suppose.
  • Teahfc
    Teahfc Posts: 1,465
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    10 mins
    tube
    Victoria line to Tottenham Hale Underground Station
    36 mins
    national-rail
    Greater Anglia to Stansted Airport Rail Station

4 trains per hour. Leaving from Tottenham Hale

Single Tottenham Hale to Stansted 13.50 Or 26.90 return.

Plus your tube ticket from Tottenham Hale to kings cross and back again.

Easy doable in the times you mentioned.
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain."

''Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.''
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you do end up staying overnight, The Melville on Argyle Square, broadly opposite KX rail station, offers genuine single rooms at reasonable rates.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,008
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Liverpool St is the terminus for the Stansted Express trains, but as above, it would be quicker to get the tube to Tottenham Hale and board there. Bear in mind that you'll be travelling in rush hour, which can be a bit intimidating if you've never used the tube before.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Sorry I can't answer your question but I saw the show Saturday and it was fantastic. I bought my ticket direct from the theatre and I am almost positive you can change them for another date. May be worth looking into if your husband could go with you on a different date.
  • Thank You all for the help, Sorry I could not get back to respond before now. I ended up booking train tickets online and they arrived this morning, standsted to Tottenham Hale to Kings Cross, return tickets. I have decided to stay over and have booked a Hotel for a night which is very close to the Theatre. Big help, Thanks again, a bit less confused now I have had a chance to get it all in my head.

needaholiday: Glad you liked the show, I am really looking forward to it, I managed to get a seat in the second row for £35 so really happy with that.

Thanks again :)
  • I was in the 5th row. Couldn't believe how closes I was to Michael C. Hall. Honestly you are in for a treat. Get to your seat as soon as they announce you can. Michael is on stage early getting into character (not that he was doing much but I was fascinated) . The whole cast were fab and the music obviously was brilliant. I wouldn't mind going to see it again but doubt I will get chance nor could I afford another trip to London. Let us know how you get on. Enjoy!
  • I was in the 5th row. Couldn't believe how closes I was to Michael C. Hall. Honestly you are in for a treat. Get to your seat as soon as they announce you can. Michael is on stage early getting into character (not that he was doing much but I was fascinated) . The whole cast were fab and the music obviously was brilliant. I wouldn't mind going to see it again but doubt I will get chance nor could I afford another trip to London. Let us know how you get on. Enjoy!

Hope you don't mind me asking this, are you able to take your mobile phone into the theatre with you? Not to take pictures or anything like that, it would be switched off, its just I don't really want to leave it in the hotel, sorry for asking so many questions, new to all this and want to be prepared. I am assuming you can't take any pictures anyway.. sure it is frowned upon.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,352
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    igstcbs wrote: »
    Hope you don't mind me asking this, are you able to take your mobile phone into the theatre with you? Not to take pictures or anything like that, it would be switched off, its just I don't really want to leave it in the hotel, sorry for asking so many questions, new to all this and want to be prepared. I am assuming you can't take any pictures anyway.. sure it is frowned upon.

Yes you will be able to carry your phone with you.

All theatres I have been in have asked you to switch it off before the performance starts, unless its a concert in which case they are generally not bothered
  • photome wrote: »
    Yes you will be able to carry your phone with you.

All theatres I have been in have asked you to switch it off before the performance starts, unless its a concert in which case they are generally not bothered

Brilliant, Thanks a lot :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport