OLD THREAD - Take a Break Puzzle Magazines

Comments

• One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    E: 29/10 T-A-B Mini Puzzle Mix Collection Issue 55

http://www.puzzlemagazines.co.uk/competition-entry-form/2015/Mini_Puzzle_Mix_Collection/55

Win £750 – Answer = DAMSON
  • spendaholic
    spendaholic Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I just subscribe to the thread. Then it comes up all the time in my user cp, regardless of whether or not it's been expired. I think most regulars do that too, which is why I think it's a non-regular. But if it is the same person/s, then they do need to be contacted by MSE.
    spendy/she/her ***DEBT-FREE DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2022!*** Highest debt: £35k (2006) MY WINS: £3,541 CASH; £149 Specsavers voucher; free eye test; goody bag from Scottish Book Trust; tickets to Grand Designs Live; 2-year access to Feel Amazing App (worth £100); Home Improvement & Renovation Show tickets; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
  • I also subscribe to this thread and the puzzler because when I first started comping a few years ago I found I kept missing them.

Thanks to all who keep the threads going. :)
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    E: 19/11 T-A-B Take a Puzzle issue 11

http://www.puzzlemagazines.co.uk/competition-entry-form/2015/Take_a_Puzzle/11

p.6 Win £1000 cash – Answer = PRETTY WOMAN

p.11 Win 3 Nights in Paris – Answer = 6

p.17 Win a mystery cash sum (10 x £51) – Answer = ASYLUM

p.23 Win 1 of 10 Pure Digital Clock Radios – Answer = AERIAL

p.29 Win 1 of 12 Karaoke machines – Answer = LYRICS

p.35 Win a 3-night trip for 2 to Lapland – Answer = ELVIS GOT MARRIED AT ELTON'S HOUSE

p.41 Win 1 of 20 meals for 2 at Prezzo – Answer = RAVIOLI

p.47 Win 1 of 25 cash prizes from £10 to £250 – Answer = PROFIT

p.53 Win 1 of 14 Remington Hair Straighteners – Answer = BLONDE

p.59 Win 1 of 10 £50 Boots vouchers – Answer = MONICA GALETTI

3-nights in Paris is worth £1000 and is based on 2 sharing a city centre hotel room and includes flights or Eurostar travel to Paris and £200 cash towards other expenses. Prize to be taken by end of November 2016 excluding bank holiday periods and is subject to availability.

The 3-night trip to Lapland is worth £3000 and is based on 2 sharing a room in an Arctic Lodge on a full-board basis. It includes return flights via Sweden, 2-hour transfers to and from Karesuando, and £500 towards other expenses. Hire of thermal suits and boots is also included. Prize to be taken between January and March 2016, subject to availability.

• lyns1986
    lyns1986 Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 October 2015 at 11:02PM
    E: 26/11 T-A-B Mini Arrowwords Collection Issue 44

http://www.puzzlemagazines.co.uk/competition-entry-form/2015/Mini_Arrowwords_Collection/44

Prize = £750

Answer = CHART
  • bella165
    bella165 Posts: 13,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    lyns1986 wrote: »

http://www.puzzlemagazines.co.uk/competition-entry-form/2015/Mini_Arrowwords_Collection/44

Prize = £750

Answer = CHART
    sorry to bump but the link goes to issue 44
    Replies to posts are always welcome, if they are done in the correct manner. If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • lyns1986 wrote: »

Prize = £750

Answer = CHART

Thanks for posting.

I think this is the correct link
  • Didoow
    Didoow Posts: 402 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    bella165 wrote: »
    sorry to bump but the link goes to issue 44
    Sorry to bump but I'm confused as the title says it is supposed to be issue 44 yet you're saying it goes to issue 44 by mistake?
  • createbeauty
    createbeauty Posts: 2,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Didoow wrote: »
    Sorry to bump but I'm confused as the title says it is supposed to be issue 44 yet you're saying it goes to issue 44 by mistake?

It goes to issue 55 by mistake if you click the link. If you copy and past the link, you should be fine.
  • I had a thought. Every single post has an 'expired' button on it, so is someone clicking 'expired' on an individual post where that particular comp has, indeed expired, but instead of it dumping the one post, it dumps the entire thread?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure