PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Comments

• It seems as though a number of you visit the charity shops in Worcester and I was and just wondering if any of you lovely bargain hunters can help.

It looks as though I will have to do a 4 hour round trip one day this week to keep up with my daughter's social life! As it will take me near Worcester, I thought I might treat myself to a browse around the charity shops. Can anyone suggest which shops are worth a visit and if anyone can help me find them it would be wonderful.

Thank you very much
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,892 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My only find this week was from the community chazza shop....a heavy cotton A-line skirt in shades of orange and peach for £3. Not colours I would normally wear but found I had an orange T shirt just the right shade and I now love the outfit. :) Beautifully made but the makers name has been snipped out. Just a shame that the sun has disappeared icon9.gif
  • It seems as though a number of you visit the charity shops in Worcester and I was and just wondering if any of you lovely bargain hunters can help.

It looks as though I will have to do a 4 hour round trip one day this week to keep up with my daughter's social life! As it will take me near Worcester, I thought I might treat myself to a browse around the charity shops. Can anyone suggest which shops are worth a visit and if anyone can help me find them it would be wonderful.

Thank you very much

Just take a stroll along Mealcheapen Street, you can walk out of one shop and straight into the one next door or over the road!
    Also a big chazzer just opened in (I think) St. Swithins Street nearby I'm told.
    Happy Hunting!
    Normal people worry me.
  • Hobsons Choice - thank you so much. Will let you know if I find anything !
  • wondercollie
    wondercollie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hubbie found a Harris Tweed sports jacket for $9.

I found two pairs of vintage plastic knitting needles, pink and a lovely soft yellow, $1.5 a pair.

Hubbie was very OS, he made me pay for the lot!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,143 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    funnyfreckle - have a look at this link!

http://www.yell.com/s/charity+shops-worcester.html

If you are really dedicated, you can also walk across the river, past the cricket ground and up to St Johns where there are 4 other charity shops!

I'd also recommend the cathedral, Greyfriars (if you're in the National Trust) and (depending which day you go) the lunchtime organ recitals in St Swithins church.

(I went to sixth form college in Worcester)
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Buying some pretty blue china which I`ve discovered is Royal Tudor `Orchid` by Grindley (£3.50) a single duvet set ( £2) a salad bowl ( £2) a Next oatmeal top (£1.50 and some pretty blue cups and saucers for my friend (£3)
  • Frith wrote: »
    funnyfreckle - have a look at this link!

http://www.yell.com/s/charity+shops-worcester.html

Frith - phew that is quite some list of charity shops - should be enough to keep me quiet for a few hours! I have just found an article that says Worcester is the fourth shopping location with the most charity shops ... you guys who live nearby must have such fun!

Thank you so much for all your suggestions - I'm going to have a few hours to kill so may give myself a mix of culture and charity shops :)
  • atolaas
    atolaas Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    It seems as though a number of you visit the charity shops in Worcester and I was and just wondering if any of you lovely bargain hunters can help.

Thank you very much

I used to live in Worcester up until 2 years ago. There is a concentration of charity shops around The Shambles, I'd recommend the British Heart Foundation shop. I've found some good finds in there over the years :D
    SPC7 ~ Member#390 ~ £432.45 declared :j
    Re-joined SW 9 Feb 2015 1 stone lost so far

Her Serene Highness the Princess Atolaas of the Alphabetty Thread as appointed by Queen Upsidedown Bear
  • sarah182xxx
    sarah182xxx Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Bought the Pointless boardgame from Accrington branch of British Heart Foundation on Saturday for £2.75 ! Its practically brand new too ! really impressed as we have been after it for a while but waiting for a sale ! xx
    :j First prizes back into comping after a break - romantic break to 2 to Venice/ Paris or Rome with romantic trip and a 42 inch TV and blu Ray amazing !

Thank you all so much and good luck guys and girls xxxxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport