greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Forget that, concentrate on your interview - good luck :j

Seconded what GG says :D

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,113
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you.

Panic over, got offered a full time post. Think some extra hours were found somewhere. So so happy!
    Mar 2024 - part 1 - £31,656 part 2 - £25,019 Total - £56,675 44 months to go!
  • Well done xxx
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • CathT
    Forumite
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Forget that, concentrate on your interview - good luck :j

I read this yesterday and took your advice :D

Today is my last day off before going back to previous post so relaxing family day planned.

1) small food shop needed
    2) catch up on washing
    3) visit my mum
    4) discuss financial plan with DH
    5) clarify with 8ky when I need to cancel movies and sports to avoid extra charges.
    6) try and work out where I can send DS for early entitlement after Christmas. Needing breakfast club is complicating things!
  • Enjoy your day - congratulations on your job :)

Best wishes Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,894
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Fantastic news on the job cath well done :T

We put a chunk of the loft conversion costs onto 2x 0% ccs (transferring about £13k I think) from a bank loan. As long as there are no reasons why you can't keep transfering every time the deal runs out it should be the best option? I found the minimum payments on the cards cheaper than the loan , so we pay that and then pay a bit extra now and then, at the moment it works out cheaper with the fee every couple of years than the mortgage rate :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    Forumite
    edited 13 September 2014 at 7:13PM
    CathT wrote: »
    I read this yesterday and took your advice :D

Today is my last day off before going back to previous post so relaxing family day planned.

1) small food shop needed done
    2) catch up on washing done
    3) visit my mum done, had a good catch up
    4) discuss financial plan with DH I mentioned it!
    5) clarify with 8ky when I need to cancel movies and sports to avoid extra charges. Sorted and have dates in diary
    6) try and work out where I can send DS for early entitlement after Christmas. Needing breakfast club is complicating things visiting somewhere Wednesday. Just have problem of 2 children in different places both finishing at 3pm
    !

all in all, a constructive day.

Thank you Helen, Tilly and Newgirly for your well wishes. It has taken a while to sink in and it feels surreal as this is my dream job and a fantastic opportunity.

Workout done supervised by a pushy 6 year old who suggested 'do it like you're in the Olympics' her personality is really coming through and she is a determined girl who likes to succeed and apparently, encourage it in others too! :rotfl:
    Have been doing workout on YouTube but final level disappeared so have just bought it off amazon which I planned to do anyway. Can't move onto next stage until it arrives now!
  • I used to have that, one finishing afternoon nursery, other school but in different villages. Dd 1 used to have to catch the school bus home, it used to buy me literally just enough time to fetch dd2 and speed walk to bus stop, if they were late coming out I used to have to knock on door as couldn't be risk not getting to bus stop (as on main road). Then dd2 went to Dd1 school, but dd3 started in the nursery so again same position. My mum used to say I shouldn't put them on the school bus so young but what choice did I have.. couldn't physically be in 2 places simultaneously.
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well done on the job. I love your sentence where you said "including no wine, good job I got gifted some" :rotfl: such the same as my priorities
  • CathT
    Forumite
    I used to have that, one finishing afternoon nursery, other school but in different villages. Dd 1 used to have to catch the school bus home, it used to buy me literally just enough time to fetch dd2 and speed walk to bus stop, if they were late coming out I used to have to knock on door as couldn't be risk not getting to bus stop (as on main road). Then dd2 went to Dd1 school, but dd3 started in the nursery so again same position. My mum used to say I shouldn't put them on the school bus so young but what choice did I have.. couldn't physically be in 2 places simultaneously.

Hard isn't it. DH always picks up as he starts and finishes work early. It would only be for Jan-July and there are friends we can ask. Eg my friend picking up her little boy could get DS until DH gets there or a mum with a child in DD's class could take her home. It's literally for the sake of 10 minutes a day to save 100's a month!

I think as working parents it's nice to help each other out and we do what we can for others even if it's offering to watch the other children at the constant stream of birthday parties save us all sitting there!
    yukkibear wrote: »
    Well done on the job. I love your sentence where you said "including no wine, good job I got gifted some" :rotfl: such the same as my priorities

I didn't even drink it all YB! Might reduce next weeks spends too!

Another £23 on shopping so at £123/250

I might live on jacket and beans all week to save money!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback