Poundland Bargain Thread -

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Poundland sell foil balloons and fill them, for a further pound. Unfortunately all but the 18s and 21s were out of stock (looked in 2 branches).

Luckily Cardfair does slightly smaller ones - albeit plain foil ones - for £1.49, which I supplemented with a Peppa Pig one for £2.49. Our 2 yo LO played happily with them this afternoon :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 March 2017 at 5:10AM
    Found the Fox's biscuits in Sauchiehall Street! The date on these is 25/11/17.
    xLHgLOr.jpg
    Edit: Also, these are on "special offer" from £4 to £2 at Tesco currently https://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/default.aspx?id=289969252 (have to copy/paste the linky, at least on the device I'm using).
    One Amazon review complains about there only being 19 biscuits in the pack (though they paid much more) but for £1 it's still a steal.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Wotsits mega share bag 126g.
    Walkers C&O, Ready Salted 75% extra free share bags, 175g total.
    Mcvities Digestives 100% extra free 600g total.
  • skintmumof3
    skintmumof3 Posts: 803 Forumite
    In my local Poundland they Garnier Nutrisse (deep red) for £1 and for £2 they had Carte Noire coffee 100g and 21 Mcvities Gold chocolate bars.......

Gold bars in Sainsburys £1.80 for 8 and the coffee is £4.99..and the hair dye is £6.....so I filled me boots....

HTH

Skint

x
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks skint....any other Nutrisse shades available, or just the red?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • skintmumof3
    Just the deep red....the cashier serving me had used it on her dark hair and it looked lovely...like deep red highlights.....but it will probably turn my grey bits pink...lol
  • skintmumof3
    oops..sorry forgot they also had a blonde colour too.....
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 March 2017 at 6:07PM
    Store-specific but there's a 50p section of randomness in Poundland, Sauchiehall Street, near the self-service section.

Got my niece a few Turtle Wax items (in tubes, not bottles) Perfect Finish Scratch Remover (in different colours) http://www.turtlewax.co.uk/images/default-source/default-album/_0005_turtle-wax---scratch-remover-fg7288.png?sfvrsn=0 (got my niece Red, but think the other ones were Black?) and Perfect Finish Protect & Shine (didn't seem to be the interior version I can see online - this was for after shampooing the car).

Also lots of the Keyboard Magnets packs I bought from Poundland eons ago https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0899/2174/products/monster-factory-firdge-magnets-keyboard.jpg?v=1488285276

Many 2017 annuals, some books.

Will try to take a photo next time I pass - we were in a hurry! Trying to wrack my brains thinking what else was there - will have to ask her (cloudy brain!).

Edit: Seems they add extra bits to this 50p section - a variety of Hello Kitty Wall Stickers last time I was there. And St Patrick's Day face paints!

Argyle Street also has a 50p random clearance section of socks and other odds and sods.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    edited 18 March 2017 at 1:36AM
    First visit to a Poundland in ages (Bishop Auckland Retail Park) I spotted espresso and lungo Nespresso compatible capsules - not seen before. Not a brand name (Cafe Deli). Will report on taste and performance.

Edit: Also spotted 6 pack of Worcester Sauce flavour Walkers French Fries. Have never seen these before - snaffled!
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Following on from the above, I have now tried the lungo coffee capsules (Caffe Deli with 2 fs, looking at the capsule packet rather than my receipt).
    The good news is the capsules work really well, no jamming, a good delivery without spluttering and a good crema.

I found the flavour of the lungo to be quite weak, but there again, I didn't have huge expectations. These capsules are only 10p each after all. If you have somebody in your house (or a guest) who doesn't like strong coffee, they should love these.

Mine won't be wasted, I will be using them for mocha coffees with some drinking chocolate mix.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback