Goals for 2014

Options

Comments

• sugartree
    sugartree Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 January 2014 at 8:05PM
    Options
    Hi Everyone, hope everyone has had a good week.

My update for this week:

1, Make an overpayment of £1.5k on the mortgage. NOTHING. Think this may be harder to achieve as re-evaluating debt and think it will take a little longer than expected to pay off but hope to make some payments by the end of the year.
    2, Decorate & tile my bathroom, bedroom and DS's Bedroom......(and potty train and get him into a big boys bed!) - Have started stripping the paint in Son's bedroom.
    3, replace guttering - Probably looking at Autumn time as this needs to be done before making mortgage overpayments
    4, Declutter (ongoing with 2 kids!) Plan another trip to the tip this week and have a videos to advertise as Free.

On a personal level;

5, Get a better camera (saving up swagbucks, surveys etc for this) and get more involved with photography - Still doing survey's, swags etc
    6, Finally have a family holiday even if it's just 4 days on a Sun Deal. Paid Deposit! Still to pay balance, need to cram in some overtime at work!
    7, continue walking through and visiting the local country side. Too cold & wet - So desperately need some tranquillity from nature - for sanity and those extra lbs starting to appear!
    8, Volunteer, even if it's not regular...... On the mum's rota for Rainbows

I'm quite pleased I've avoided Supermarkets for a couple of days this week!! Sounds mad but we have so many close by that I end up in one nearly everyday - Just for Milk or Bread and end up coming out with much more!! Yesterday being a complete NSD.

Well done everyone so far!!
    :T:T:T:T:T
    Looking forward to seeing the end of January people, see you all soon
    Oh I do want to live in Countryside.......with the kids, pets and LOTS of books.........
    £2020 in 2020 challenge #90 - £274.37/£2020
    2020 penny challenge

• Newyorkdreams
    Options
    End of Week 2

1. Pay Loans (£7842) - now £7139 - :)
    2.Pay & close [STRIKE]5[/STRIKE] 4 CCs (£8000) - now £7952- :) 4 cards to go.
    3. Read 6 books - STARTED first book - Philomena - 20 chapters in - :)
    4. Complete photo albums x4 - no further progress

5.Exercise at least twice a week for 45 mins - 2 classes done this week. Total time = 1 hour 15 mins so far. Bodypump and Metafit (grrroooaaaan) - :)
    6. Get to my goal weight (10st 3lbs) - lost 0.5lbs this week, total loss 2014= 1lb!!! :)
    7. Redecorate my bedroom - no plans until March
    8. Say 'no' when I need to - no further update
    9. Save £3000 for maternity fund - saved £50 :)
    10. Pray more - progress is being made :)
    11. stop wasting fruit and veg - wasted a lot this week as I was away for the weekend. Going to try and buy more frozen veg with the shopping in Week 4.
    12. Gut out spare room - no further progress as yet
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
  • danielleb1989
    Options
    Goals for 2014:
    1.Pay off my overdraft and cc (around £800)- Paid another £400 off overdraft
    2.Save £6000 towards a deposit for a house (this will be a tough one!)- Hopefully should save £350 just awaiting DD's to come out and changing bank so money is all over at the mo!
    3.Graduate-Assignment 4 is looming so need to crack on with some reading
    4.Complete online Teaching Assistant course - Still avoiding this! Need to get my head out the sand and start as it cost me £450!!
    5.Start Volunteering- Did my second night last Thursday and I'm really enjoying it
    6.Change jobs Currently relies on 3, 4 + 5

Good progress everyone!

Danielle
    x
    Goals for 2014:
    Pay off my overdraft and cc (£500/£800),Save £6000 towards a deposit for a house (£350/£6,000), Graduate, Complete online Teaching Assistant course and Start Volunteering (started Thursday 16th Jan)
    Change jobs
  • Stewart_78
    Options
    1. Make wine instead of buying it.
    2. Grow much more veg and raise 40 chickens for meat.
    3. Work out that I only have 120 years left on my DMP
    4. Realise that none of my creditors probably have an enforceable Credit Agreement and probably at some point just stop paying them.
    5. Drink all the wine
    6. Survive until 1st Jan 2015
  • angelbob
    angelbob Posts: 551 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 January 2014 at 4:14PM
    Options
    My 2014 goals are: stated 1st Jan updated each week
    1. Pay off £5000 of Debt paid £161.05 so far

2. Find a new job started my new job last Friday, love it :T

3. Take a trip to Wales booked for Oct :j

4. Sell, sell, sell on Ebay, Facebook, bootfairs sold £94 of treasures so far

5. More walking yes been walking in town instead of driving

6. Loose 2 stone lost 6 pounds so far

7. Buy a new sofa with cash hmm not yet

8. Write 3000 & 8000 word essays written and submitted the 3000 one, not started extended one yet

9. Sort & tidy attic and shed not yet

10. Paint outside wall too wet

11. Strip and paint monk's pew not yet

not much to update this week, apart from my new job x
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2023 #59 £7008 Paid £570 Owing £6438 #1 H1 £151, #2 H2 £100, #3 O £200, #4 M £1500, #5 Z £295, #6 C1 £340, #7 L £1084, #8 N £840, #9 C2 £1930
  • debtfreeby30:S
    Options
    Hello everyone :hello: Everyone seems to be doing well, I can't believe how fast January has gone - this is my first check in as a lot of my goals are still on the back burner. I've been off work for a couple of weeks using up my last holidays and I feel it's thrown me a little bit! I'm using that as an excuse anyway - bring on 1st February where I had best kick my own a55 into gear!!

In 2014 I'd like to...

1. Become debt free (preferably a couple of months earlier than my current DFD of August) Ongoing project, I have a mere 2 months remaining on a loan and then I hope to see the remaining credit card debt dwindle rather swiftly!
    2. Save £2k toward house deposit This will be a post-debt aim.
    3. Get to the gym 3 times a week and get healthy - hopefully this will put me back under 10st. Failed miserably at this all through January. Hoping when I get back to work and the new holiday year starts (1st February) I can give things another kick start. On a plus note I have lost a few pounds and am hovering around the 10st2-4lb mark.
    4. Drink at least a litre of water a day - I know it should be more but at the moment I barely drink a single sip so a litre will be a good increase! This was going really well but I've definitely started skipping a couple of days while I've been off work. I can tell as well cos I'm well thirsty!!
    5. Book a holiday after avoiding anything longer than a weekend away during 2013 Again, another post-debt project.
    6. Teach myself to play a song on a guitar - need to find a guitar first! Will aim to do this by my birthday in September.
    Nest Egg Savings Target: £7300/£10,000
    Wedding Savings: £2660/£8,000
    0% Credit Card Debt Jan 2017: £2064
  • littlemissoverspend
    Options
    Hello,

I have just discovered this thread.

I hope it is ok to join.

This year I would like to...

1) Be well on my way to be debt free (February 2015 is my debt free date)

2) Move house

3) Cook more

4) Be more content

I will regulary check in to see how you are all doing.

Good Luck
    CC £4700
    Debt Free by October 2016
  • sugartree
    Options
    Hi Littlemissoverspend,

The more the merrier! Welcome.
    Oh I do want to live in Countryside.......with the kids, pets and LOTS of books.........
    £2020 in 2020 challenge #90 - £274.37/£2020
    2020 penny challenge

• EverTheOptimist
    Options
    Goals for 2014 - update for week 5

Pay off credit card - recent addition to my purse, but on 0% for 18 months. - £25 paid.
    Contribute to my weekly savings account as per challenge - week 5 - so £5 paid
    Negotiate part time hours at work - meeting planned for next tues, a little bit scared now... :(
    Take little man for a walk in buggy at least 3 times per week - weather dreadful so haven't been out with buggy
    Be better organised with meal planning to stop wasting food. - 2 x Veg pasta bake made, 1 eaten with my sister, other one frozen. I'll sit at weekend and meal plan for the week. 2 plastic containers of tomato pasta in the freezer too.
    Be better organised with housework - allocate one room per day on a rolling system - on top of washing, and clothes have all been hung up, kitchen cleaned and tidied. House still looks reasonable from the blitz round on Sunday
    Declutter wardrobes and drawers in bedroom - no further on :(.
    Lose weight - at least 1 stone (currently 10st 10lbs) - 10st 5lbs, same as last week :j:j
    Eat at least 3/5 fruit and veg per day - grapes and bananas being shared with baba, small steps...
    Reduce my misc spends - so far this week - £31.77/ £50 :j
    Read 4 books - 0/4 - started book 1 - wuthering heights
    No buying toiletries - nothing purchased
    Organise photos and albums - no change
    Be a nicer person - will try and say something nice to someone I know every day.

Oooo and welcome along littlemissoverspend :wave:
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
  • darcyboo
    darcyboo Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

7. Start 'flylady' daily routines
    One habit adhered to all week

:eek:

Intrigued to know what this is?!
    2021 MFW #130. Target: £300/£2500