PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

cleaning white plastic garden chairs

Hi guys!

Just started on a cleaning job - my boyfriend has some of those white plastic garden chairs and they are really filthy - I guess dirt, bit mouldy, they've been sitting outside all year round I think!

Anyway, have set to work with hot soapy water but it's not really shifting it. Is there anything else I could use??? I don't know if it's mold or not, but theu have lots of grey spotty patches.

Thanks!

Alex

Comments

• have you tried stardrops. I am a recent convert and find:D it cleans most things you should give it a try!!:D
  • carol_a_3
    carol_a_3 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    I tried everything with my table and chairs when they went like this and failed I'm afraid. I hope you have better luck. I'm buying green ones next time!
  • Vashti
    Vashti Posts: 174 Forumite
    Try plain old 'soda crystals' from any supermarket. Dissolve in a basin of boiling water, and give them a good clean. It'll take any stain off...try it in mugs, gets tea and coffee stains off equal to the dishwasher
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Few worth trying if you have them

Bio washing powder
    Soda crystals
    Ajax scouring powder

My Mam says don't use bleach as hers went yellow.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • nickj_2
    nickj_2 Posts: 7,052 Forumite
    try using t-cut avaiable from halfrords / motor spares
    or how about painting them , plastikote do a spray for that sort of stuff
    should be avaiable at homebase , b+q etc
  • lavidaloca
    lavidaloca Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Chairs are ok just need a soapy wash but the table was left out longer than it should have been and has greeny stains on it what should I use please?
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I remember a post recommending those eraser type sponges for it (Flash do them but £1 shops etc have cheaper versions) Many use stardrops with success. A job I need to tackle next week so let me know if you find something that works well.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    stardrops has worked for me :)
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • lavidaloca
    lavidaloca Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good got stardrops and micro cloths will give it ago I was wondering if the vinegar/bicarb would work on the stained bits
  • Nilco upvc cleaner is good
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport