morning coco.

good luck with the pay rise :)
    LIVE SIMPLY * GIVE MORE * EXPECT LESS * BE THANKFUL

• Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    :j
    Morning All - it's the weekend !!!!!!!!

Busy day yesterday - it was gone eleven befor my day finished properly yesterday and I fell into bed at midnight .... What a fun Friday night :)

Measly grocery budget of £18.00 to last till weds .... Going to have to be creative there then !

Budget all ready for next month. Mortgage to be paid in full - sec to pay MY half. Letter already gone off to them so let's see what they have to say. There is a little money left next month for a few kids clothes bits and a little towards deposit. Also going to do some eBay (free listing this weekend I think) and will chuck that towards it as well. Kids not at dads cos he can't afford it this weekend .... Yawn ... Neither can I but I don't have a choice :)

Still no pay rises ..... But has to be done this week as it's pay day. It better be a good one :)

I realised this morning how nice it is to not live with the constant pressure on my shoulders - I am far more relaxed and just letting this thing run it's course ...... :)

Have a great day all - do yoh think my kids would notice spag Bol without the mince bit ??!!! :D

Coco x
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • rumblytum
    rumblytum Posts: 474 Forumite
    They might notice, but it can still be yummy. I've made cottage pie with adzuki beans and they had no idea there was no meat involved, so using lentils/beans etc gives it a meaty texture.

Have a good weekend

rumbly x
  • asparagus1968
    asparagus1968 Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ha ha, find out the italian name for spaghetti with tomato and onion sauce,they will think its a special meal!
    LIVE SIMPLY * GIVE MORE * EXPECT LESS * BE THANKFUL

• Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    ha ha, find out the italian name for spaghetti with tomato and onion sauce,they will think its a special meal!

Morning all.

That would be Spaghetti Napolitana I think :) and very nice too.
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • Coco114
    Ahhh .... Thank You oh wise one ......

Sounds much better than "spag Bol minus minced beef" :D
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Coco114 wrote: »
    :j
    Measly grocery budget of £18.00 to last till weds .... Going to have to be creative there then !

Do they like Indian?

One of my favourites is really a side dish made from Dhal (Lentils) but I regularly cook it as a main course because I love it and it's dead easy and healthy. It's also dead cheap :D

250 grams red lentils
    1 can coconut milk
    1 medium onion
    4 tomatoes chopped - tinned are fine
    300ml water
    garlic

Chop the onion and garlic chuck the whole lot in a pan bring to the boil then simmer for 20 mins or so until the lentils are cooked.

Eat on its or with Naan.

That's the basic version, I mess about with it. Add a couple of chillies for heat and I also sometimes add veg to it. I particularly like it with cauli and french beans but you can add anything you like to it.

I usually double it up so I have some for the freezer.
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • MoneyMission
    MoneyMission Posts: 652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ooooh. I do that sort of dhal too (only I've always done it with yellow split peas instead of the lentils). We all love it in this family with naan and / or rice and its such a cheapy! Our other budget fave (which we've just polished off this evening!) is cheese and sweetcorn pancakes:

http://www.mumsnet.com/Recipes/i/1154-Cheese-and-sweetcorn-pancakes

I serve them with anything thats lying around. Tonight was new spuds, baked beans and some peas.

Or, toad in the hole is a good one. You can vary the cost of the sausages according to your weekly budget. The batter costs next to nothing. Serve with some veg and a bit of gravy.

And of course, there is always pasta. Great for hungry boys with hollow legs!!! :D

Good luck with the rationing.

MM
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £2,420 / £2,420 - 100% :T
  • Coco114
    What a glorious day :T

Had a great day yesterday. Kids off with Dad for the day :) so I caught up on a few bits and just enjoyed the chill - he also left some money for a takeaway for them and helped with the grocery money. I didn't ask but he offered anyway which was good of him.

Had a houseful of kids last night but they were really good munching on their value snacks. It's deathly quiet here this morning so am guessing they had a late one :)

Lots to do today , clean through , change beds , washing , cut grass etc etc but it feels easier to do when sun is shining :)

Have a good day all :). Should be a NSD here today hopefully (need petrol but doesn't count as already budgeted for). Have a little bit in my pay pal account - so going to transfer that over to savings towards deposit money. If I didn't have it I can't miss it :)
    Going to sort wardrobe later - I must have loads shoes / jeans etc to go on so will have a rummage. Ex also said I can eBay any of his stuff still here and split the money with the kids :)

Right , tea then to work otherwise I will sit here all day. I need to crack on otherwise my reward won't happen tonight (I have been saving a really funny film I want to see).

Coco x
  • Chrisblue1962
    Chrisblue1962 Posts: 1,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    JRsrule wrote: »
    Hello and welcome from me, too !

Money is rarely easy, and debt is always difficult. You have made a big decision to deal with your debt and you will find so many good ideas on MSE. One of the first things I learned is that no matter how bad it seems, there's someone out there who has been there too (and maybe even worse) and the next thing I learned is that there's alot of really great folk here who are helpful, kind and generous with their ideas and inspiration. Welcome aboard :T

Good luck to you
    x

Couldn't have put it better myself... Welcome on board. Good Luck on your journey.
    DFW'er - Lightbulb moment : 31st July 2009 - £18,499
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.
    Demolishing my House of Debt.. one brick at a time!! :)
    Thinking of spending???..YNAB says "NO!!!!"

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure