Options
2»

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,617 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi

I have multiple cards but I also have quite high limits (highest limit is £18k). They do fill up with 0% purchases but then I just leave them ticking along and I pay the minimum every month by DD. When they come near to the end of the 0% I apply for a BT and haven't ever really had much trouble getting them. I have also done a money transfer straight to the one account. I filled the Amex but chose to BT that before the end of the 0% deal as I am getting 1.25% cashback on every purchase as well as the 0%. It is now filling up again.
    I put everything on cards, even a quick top up shop at the local CoOp. I do struggle with my OH's love of ApplePay as that is linked to his debit card at the moment but his CC is getting ApplePay soon and then he can stop undoing my hard work!
    All the little savings really do add up and have knocked years off my end date.
    I have also started up a couple of 6% regular savers now in preparation for becoming mortgage free when our final endowment pays out next year.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure