Frugal frump to Fab - Astonishing Autum Exquinox to Wondrous Winter Solstice

Comments

• podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    maman wrote: »
    Pod, glad you had a bit of fun this weekend you deserve a break. I was going to ask what people wear with dresses now it's getting colder. I've got two, lovely jersey ones but they have cap sleeves. Opaques look good and/or boots but what about keeping arms warm and still looking smart?

I love opaques - I prefer coloured ones most of the time as I think, depending on the dress of course, black can look a little harsh/formal - so I have grey and purple ones at the moment :) Arm-wise, again i guess it depends on the dress, I have a looser, slightly floaty one that I often wear a thin turtleneck under in winter. For a cap sleeve then I guess just a smartish cardi or jacket would be fine. I quite like the short, knit cardis - like a bolero style - keep meaning to get one when I see a nice one in my price range :)
  • Hello All,

Got hormonal munchies bad today so far have managed porridge, crumpets, biscuits, pizza, crisps and flapjack! And have backache/headache oh joys! Nothing I can do but ride it out!

Hope you feel better soon Fedupandskint.

Eh xx
  • katie89
    katie89 Posts: 132 Forumite
    I hope everyone had a good Monday! Mine wasn't too fab, my gym buddy is ill so no gym tonight, plus there were cupcakes for charity at work. Couldn't say no :o

I did get up earlier today though, so I wore my contacts rather than glasses, and took the time to do my makeup properly.

I love opaque coloured tights, I have a rainbow of them! Easy way to get some colour into my very black winter wardrobe cheaply. I have some M&S ones that have lasted two winters now with some careful washing- they last so much better than the cheap ones!

Get well soon fedupandskint! I always put a good base on my nail to try and prevent further tearing if it happens.
    2011 Wins : Models own makeup product, Photoplusx4 software:j Mens hair dye :rotfl:
  • Hi all,

I got a bit nervous at a social thing on Saturday and bit my nails right down so now I start my quest once more to make them fab! Should be up to scratch again in a week or so. Ha..up to scratch!

Going to start OCM again tonight and going for a run tomorrow before work (I didn't go at all last week because OH wasn't well). My weekend was hectic so I want to look after myself during the evenings this week and get some fabbing in.

bratz81 - how long have you been doing the Paul Mckenna plan for? Yeah it's such a relief not to feel guilty about food, and to not be thinking about it all the time. Last week I put a bowl of sweets on the coffee table because I know that now I'll only eat one if I really want it. Before I didn't feel in control enough around food to do this sort of thing. I'm happy to be losing weight but the main thing for me is just not worrying about it any more. It's a relief. My OH can cook me a meal and not have to worry if I'm counting points or watching carbs. :rotfl: I'll just eat what I want from the plate until I get full.

Bitsy - good luck with mindful eating! Smaller plates help, I think, as it helps remind you to eat slower so you don't finish ages before everyone else.

mineallmine - definitely steal it for your signature if you want :D

PP - your outfit with tights sounds really lovely and the kind of thing I love to wear in Autumn/Winter and want to wear more of because it's comfy (dress with tights or leggings + boots). My friend got a really lovely dress in Primark the other day and I haven't been there in years so I'll go in the next few weeks and try and stock up on winter dresses and leggings.

How are you getting on prepping for Nano?

Going off now to watch more on the hurricane (I get a bit obsessive about extreme weather/nature stories). Have a good night all xx
    Not buying any more 1.)books 2.)toiletries, esp. LUSH! 3.)stationery, unless absolutely necessary!
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    I have several jersey shift dresses with cap sleeves - I tend to wear polo necks under them when its chilly. I've got a selection of jewel coloured fine ones plus the basic grey, cream & black ones, so can give my outfit a shot of colour to go under the black, grey, maroon, red or purple dresses! The advantage of the fine layer is that when it's REALLY cold I can add a cardi over or a vest under if necessary ;)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Just a quickie - had a really busy day and I'm shattered.

Sparkles - hope you feel better soon. Snuggle up and keep warm.

Bitsy - have a lovely time away. It will do you good to get way from the decorating.

I now have two viewings for tomorrow - so things are looking up.

Earlyish night for me. G'night all.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    floss2 wrote: »
    I have several jersey shift dresses with cap sleeves - I tend to wear polo necks under them when its chilly. I've got a selection of jewel coloured fine ones plus the basic grey, cream & black ones, so can give my outfit a shot of colour to go under the black, grey, maroon, red or purple dresses! The advantage of the fine layer is that when it's REALLY cold I can add a cardi over or a vest under if necessary ;)

Brilliant idea floss, I'll look out for some fine polos.

Good luck with the viewings LL.
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Good luck with the viewings LL. I'm sure they'll love your house.

Up early again - just can't sleep past 5.30am:mad:. You can guarantee that as soon as I go back to work properly I'll have to drag myself out of bed.
    I was shattered last night and fell asleep on the sofa - then slept for 6 solid hours in bed.

Off to school again this morning 92 kids turned up yesterday - good job I'd enlisted a couple of other teachers to help:rotfl:
    Expecting similar numbers today (year 11 this time).

Off on an organised walk tonight - been told that I have to take a torch so will have to pop out to buy one this afternoon. Hope the weather isn't too bad.

I'm going to buy a Kindle Fire for my sister for Xmas - does anyone have one?
    She has quite severe cerebral palsy and needs things to be fairly simple (manages to work a Blackberry though!) - and only wants to be able to browse the internet, read books, play games and watch movies sp it should be ok for her. I'll set it all up ready and download some bits and pieces to get her going.
    Any advice from anyone would be appreciated!
  • bratz81
    bratz81 Posts: 673 Forumite
    LL - great stuff getting viewings...I've my fingers crossed they like the house.

maman - I usually wear round neck, long sleeve t shirts under my dresses in winter if turtlenecks aren't for you. I can't wear turtlenecks or polonecks as I can't stand anything tight on my neck.

cherryprint - it's been just over a week so far so still early days but so far I'm doing good. No idea if I've lost any weight as I haven't weighed myself (under 2 weeks!) but I do think I look slimmer and my tummy is definitely happier I'm not shovelling as much food into it.

Well in terms of fabbing I got my new tattoo last night...goes all the way up from my hip to shoulder over my ribs. The ribs hurt so bad but it looks fab now and I'm absolutely delighted. Wearing a bra is fun - or rather putting it on and positioning it so it isn't rubbing/hurting is fun. My PT session is going to be messy tonight!
    carpe diem :cool:

[STRIKE]Santander OD- £0/£870[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Mint cc - £0/£6500[/STRIKE]
    [FONT=&quot]HOF cc - £640/£750 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A&L Loan - £2497/£7500[/FONT]
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    In my quest to wear everything in my wardrobe over time to make sure I like it, it fits well etc, I wore jeans yesterday thinking these won't be going back into the wardrobe and yes they are. So they can stay :)

Ordered some new bits where after ruthless decluttering of stuff that doesn't work I now have some gaps. :j
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills