Boost Your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion

Comments

• marcellep
    marcellep Posts: 1,695 Forumite
    pixie1 wrote: »
    Do they still offer extra points for old mobile phones? If so how do i go about it?

Thanks

Thats the info on phone

Try instore as some still have the 500 points when you recycle envelopes

Mobile Phones
    For a phone that turns on, you will receive 300 Green Clubcard Points or you can choose for Tesco to donate £3 to the British Red Cross.
    For a phone that does not turn on, you will receive 50 Green Clubcard Points or you can choose for Tesco to donate 50p to the British Red Cross.

Please note: there is a 5 phone per customer limit, per year.

All you need to do is:
    You can find mobile phone recycling envelopes in store on the Clubcard stand or on the Tesco Mobile display (if available)
    You can post your phone using any envelope, to our Freepost address so you won't even need a stamp. The Freepost address is:
    Tesco Mobile Phone Recycling
    FREEPOST LON17592
    Mitcham
    CR4 3UZ
    Please:
    1. 1. Write your surname, postcode, Clubcard number (if you want to receive your Green Clubcard Points) on a slip of paper and put it into any envelope along with your unwanted phone(s).
    2. 2. Remove your SIM card, as any SIM cards received by Greener Solutions will be destroyed.
    3. 3. Place your old mobile handset in the envelope.
    4. 4. Seal the envelope and pop it in the post.
      If you prefer to donate to our charity of the year, the British Red Cross, or do not have a Clubcard, simply write on the slip 'donate to charity'. For a phone that turns on, you will receive 300 Green Clubcard Points or you can choose to donate £3 to the British Red Cross. If the phone does not turn on, you will receive 50 Green Clubcard Points or you can choose to donate 50p to the British Red Cross.
    5. Greener Solutions will recycle your mobile phone and we'll follow your instructions on giving you Green Clubcard Points or donating money to the British Red Cross on your behalf.
    If I have been helpful - Hit the Thanks button
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    lilmissmup wrote: »
    Hi all if i apply for a tesco clubcard plus can i use it online too overwriting my current clubcard? :confused:

Yep, I use my clubcard+ online. Incidently, I only applied for mine about 3 months ago & got it no probloems so I think they are still offering it, just not advertising it.

HTH;)
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • tony98
    tony98 Posts: 539
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Worth looking for 500 point envelopes as I used one a few weeks ago and got the 500 points last week added to my green points total.
  • If you have a clubcard and a clubcard credit card, to make sure you don't have two points accounts you need to phone Tesco and get them to make sure your two cards are linked, I had to do this with my new card.
  • -1-
    -1- Posts: 1,289
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Lillibet wrote: »
    Yep, I use my clubcard+ online. Incidently, I only applied for mine about 3 months ago & got it no probloems so I think they are still offering it, just not advertising it.

HTH;)

Yeah, they are still doing the Club Card +, just got mine, used it for the first time yesterday, worked a treat.

Had a wait of almost a month for the application to go through though.

For online shopping, do I just enter the long number from the card as my clubcard number online ?. And the value of the items bought online just comes off the CC+ as in store ?.
    :wave: Smile, you only get one life, LIVE IT.
  • lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    Just rang up for my clubcard plus and now waiting on form, they asked for my current clubcard number so not sure if they will transfer it onto the 1 card?
    Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month
  • -1-
    -1- Posts: 1,289
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    lilmissmup wrote: »
    Just rang up for my clubcard plus and now waiting on form, they asked for my current clubcard number so not sure if they will transfer it onto the 1 card?

They will transfer the balance if you gave them your current CC number.

Some on here do say it's best to keep them seperate though (i.e. CC in your name , CC+ in a partners name) so you get 2 lots of deals through the post to boost points.

Makes life easier though if they are all on one card.
    :wave: Smile, you only get one life, LIVE IT.
  • lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    I have a couple of virtual accounts anyway so don't mind this one being combined
    Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month
  • Could someone run me through having clubcards in both mine and hubby's name. I've got one in mine and am in all the clubs etc, if he were to open one would the extra vouchers have to be used instore with his clubcard? Or can I use his vouchers with my clubcard? I do all the shopping, and wonder how it would work.
    I very rarely shop online so it would just be the instore vouchers I would use.
    Also when you come to collect the points, and transfer to vouchers would they come in his name or would they just be blank so could all be used together?
    I know some people on here have virtual accounts, but he's genuine, I just want to get more points if possible!
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,219
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    I didnt realise you can use bonus clubcard vouchers on different items , i bought a pack of huggies nappies and used 3 diffrent Tesco nappies bonus coupons on the 1 pack and got 350 extra points.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure