Stash Busting 2017 - I WILL use my mountains of craftstash before buying more!

Options

Comments

• greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    8 more Christmas cards!

33604150396_561fc54111_m.jpgChristmas 5 by Bobbie Doctor, on Flickr

33260914530_b7f2a8d674_m.jpgChristmas 6 by Bobbie Doctor, on Flickr
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • greentiger
    Options
    2 more Christmas cards - every little helps.

33509614382_84ac8b4dc4_m.jpgChristmas 7 by Bobbie Doctor, on Flickr
  • Deb4
    Deb4 Posts: 252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All

I have made another item using loads of buttons, not sure if I can post any photos will have to in to it.

not sure what I am planning on down next have some much stuff to us up, to get a start on the scrapbook the they thing I need for that is some more photos and I have been printing backing paper off the internet if I haven't got any.

Deb

Make £2022 in 2022 #69 £2247.73/£2022
    Make £2023 in 2023 #4 £395.92 /£2023
    Declutter 2023 in 2023 35/2023
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm glad everyone has been busy.

I am back from Mexico but still struggling with the body clock. That needs to get sorted as I'm back in work Tuesday. At least it's been sunny so I have managed to get most of the washing dry and only one load of holiday stuff to do.

I was inspired by Mexico. So many beautiful
    Hand crafted things to buy. I may have gone a little mad but we came home with a few pesos left so did quite well. And I couldn't have made the glasses not even tried.

Even my boyfriend wouldn't let me buy some things - I saw some beautiful Strings of Pom Poms. Beautifully made - but they were wanting $500 pesos (about £25) at that price I didn't even want to start haggling. One woman was selling a beautiful
    Hand embroidered table runner for the same price - but I was fairly certain the colours would have run and ruined it the second washed it and couldn't bring myself to ruin someone's hard work.

I have started. Small embroidery kit since I got back. I did take it with me - but was too busy to do it. It's about half done and will look lovely in my craft room when finished. A tiny amount of the stash used when it's done but it's a start. :)

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • greentiger
    Options
    Glad you're back on track, nimbo. That holiday will have got you inspired.
  • greentiger
    Options
    First card made for May (it should have been more but I couldn't find my acetate!).

34287322856_59532857d0_m.jpgBarry's card by Bobbie Doctor, on Flickr
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Used some fabric from my stash, I made a dress from a length of fabric in there using a pattern I'd picked up from a CS sadly I'd cut out the skirt before realising that the pattern had been cut down to a size 12, I adjusted the top out but it was still too small. But it does fit dd2 so I've added the buttons this week and she has a new dress to collect today, I even have enough left to make a matching hairband. I cut a pair of stepdgd leggings down to make a pair for DGS they had a ladder in the bottom but he's smaller so I cut new legs from the leg parts for him- it's superhero fabric so they didn't want it to just be thrown away.
    I made some little decorative hearts last week for dd2s partners mums wedding so that used a little more.
    I've also found a quiet book pattern on Pinterest and done one page of that.

Hope everyone is well. X
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • greentiger
    Options
    mrs - m, you have been a busy bee.

Today I put elastic in the skirt of a costume I'd brought back from India for my granddaughter and then I replaced the hooks and eyes on the bodice with Velcro.
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've finished the small embroidery kit which looks awesome. Never having done it before I'm a bit impressed. Haha.

I have sorted out the sewing machine issue. I got a free one with a magazine subscription. It is pink. Which wouldn't be my first choice. But it's the exact same machine as I had before - and it worked out almost as cheap to get the subscription as to get the old machine fixed. But this way it has a warrenty.

I have been busy unpicking a band off the bottom off a skirt. It must have been 4 meters long. I have no idea what I'm going to replace it with yet. But it's going to be fun. Haha.

Hope you've all been really well and busy.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • greentiger
    edited 3 May 2017 at 1:48AM
    Options
    nimbo, enjoy your new machine - I'm sure it'll help you fix your skirt.

I filled an album with about one eighth of the pictures I took on holiday! This will be the one I show folk if they are daft enough to ask so they don't get bored! 'll put the lot (800+) on our digital photo frame, then I'll do some scrapbook pages (reclaim pics from wee album + some more + journaling so I remwmber what it was all about).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport