IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I have a valid ticket

Wynne92
Wynne92 Posts: 14
First Anniversary
Forumite
edited 13 September 2017 at 8:27PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I have today received a Parking Charge Notice,Notice to Keeper letter from Excel parking.
It refers to 2/9/17 when a vehicle a was parked in a car park which they have listed as PRIVATE LAND.It is a car park on a small retail park.The reason for issue is 83) Parked without clearly displaying a valid ticket/permit.The charge is £100.There is a valid ticket with the car registration on for this particular occasion of parking which I have in my possession. It was displayed on the dashboard but may not have been the right way around.I will obviously be appealing this Notice but would appreciate some advice as to how to go about it.I did wade through lots of posts but none of them seemed to refer to incidents where there was a valid ticket.
I have attempted to login to the account of "myparking charge.co.uk" and although there is a button to pay ,when I go to the lodge an appeal site it asks for login details including a passcode...nowhere on the letter or on the site can I find any reference to a passcode so I am unable to go any further.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Wynne92 wrote: »
    I.I did wade through lots of posts but none of them seemed to refer to incidents where there was a valid ticket.

The newbies faq thread starts by pointing out that all these cases are the same - forget the detail!

Go there again and read through the advice there on how and when to appeal.
  • Wynne92
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 13 September 2017 at 10:00PM
    I have just submitted an online appeal..however when looking at the photographic evidence .There are a series of photographs over at least a ten minute span,the last of which is a photo of a Notice placed under the windscreen wiper.The driver was unaware of this.
    Having read the forums am I right in thinking that the letter I received today was sent too soon.I had already sent my appeal just prior to noticing this.Which way should I pursue it now?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Have you read the newbies FAQ thread?

If so you will know the futility of sppeals to IPC companies

Now wait and see if they take legal action against you. Come back for advice on how to defend it if they do.

Ignore debt collectors throughout
  • Thank you for your advice,I apologise if as a newbie I sound silly or that I have not read the relevant posts.Please consider though that I am a newbie...you are obviously very au fait with all this and it is second nature to you.I know you must get very fed up answering the same questions again and again .
  • Yes, which is why there is a newbies thread to explain this to you. Youre expected to read it and understand it, and come back only if yo uhave something novel
  • How rude can you get...absolutely no need for that input at all.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,619
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 14 September 2017 at 5:02PM
    Wynne92 wrote: »
    I have just submitted an online appeal..however when looking at the photographic evidence .There are a series of photographs over at least a ten minute span, the last of which is a photo of a Notice placed under the windscreen wiper.The driver was unaware of this.

Having read the forums am I right in thinking that the letter I received today was sent too soon.I had already sent my appeal just prior to noticing this.Which way should I pursue it now?

It will be a 'myparkingcharge.co.uk' piece of paper that says 'this is not a parking charge notice'!

Search the forum for the words I've bolded, to see what's been said about this scam. The DVLA were not keen on the fake PCN trick Excel play, but they've been persuaded that it's OK because the IPC are going to 'update the Code' to allow for it!

Nothing changes the fact this modus operandi (and the wording of the NTK) do not comply with the POFA so we hope the driver wasn't named or implied in the appeal. Keeper can't be held liable but the IAS is not worth trying, so ignore.

Come back if you get a small claim later on, and keep all letters.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you so much for your helpful and polite comment on my post.I appreciate your time and input,if only everyone on this site could be as courteous as you.
  • Wynne92
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Didn't pay the fine and didn't appeal to the IAS.No debt collector letters but today have received a NOTICE OF INTENDED COURT PROCEEDINGS. This states I must pay by 3rd Nov or face being taken to court...lots of info and veiled threats about how this will affect my credit rating.Also quotes Beavis judgement.Looks like its going to be court for me.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    It isnt a fine

WHat was the date on the letter? Does it meet the new Pre Action Protocol requirements as from 1st October? Assuming it claims to be a letter before claim somewhere, then it a) has to comply and b) you HAVE to reply.

There are a ton of exampls of LBA responses for 01.10.2017 onwards letters on here. First page.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure