2»

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,711
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Hi,

No that's standard wording.

As long as you get them to confirm in writing that the account will be closed and neither they nor there agents will pursue the balance, that will suffice.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Hi! thanks for your reply!

I was really worried that they would add a charge to it after the fact and pursue me for it

So what should I send back? Should I send the following (obviously once I have received the confirmation):

-Amount able to be raised (£200, should I keep it at this amount or raise it slightly?)
    -where the funds are coming from (a relative)
    -a full breakdown of monthly income and outgoings (they have sent me a massive form with everything on it, including non essential expenditure, I should only send over the details for essentials such as rent/utilities etc.?)
    - a breakdown of any other creditors and the amounts owed to them (I don't need to do this, right? This seems like I would just be providing them information that they shouldnt be given.)
    -when the funds are available

I am very worried that agreeing to pay them despite them saying the account isn't settled or satisfied. If there is a zero balance then wouldn't that mean it IS settled and satisfied? I am worried they will trick me into a really difficult situation.

Thanks for your advice!
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,711
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    If a relative is providing the cash, just tell them that, don't bother with there forms.

It's up to you what you offer, they can't add anything more to the debt.

National Debtline has a really good template letter for making these full and final offers on there website, look under "sample letters".
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,380
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    I agree with that.

The only time I would send an income/expenditure statement with an offer is when your situation is so hopeless there's nowhere for them to go with it, i.e.

rent not mortgage
    benefits not earnings
    no surplus income
  • fatbelly wrote: »
    I agree with that.

The only time I would send an income/expenditure statement with an offer is when your situation is so hopeless there's nowhere for them to go with it, i.e.

rent not mortgage
    benefits not earnings
    no surplus income
    sourcrates wrote: »
    If a relative is providing the cash, just tell them that, don't bother with there forms.

It's up to you what you offer, they can't add anything more to the debt.

National Debtline has a really good template letter for making these full and final offers on there website, look under "sample letters".

Hey! sorry I think I didn't reply, hope this is a correct reply! (useless on forum formatting/etiquette!)

Thank you both!

So as long as they do not reject the F+F offer I can just send them a letter asking again for written confirmation that they will not pursue the debt (as well as any other affiliated agents or companies) and that the account will be closed?

I have sent a F+F letter to them offering £200 and able to pay it within a week of receiving the acceptance letter (which is when they sent the above letter detailing that the account will not be "satisfied") so should I send the same F+F letter again and reiterate that I can pay once they send confirmation that the account will be closed or should I just send another letter simply saying "please can you confirm in writing that my account will be closed and no agent of RW or any other affiliated agent or company will pursue the debt upon payment of £200 as stated in the F+F letter" obviously won't be worded exactly like that but just ad-libbing!

To boil it down, should I resend the F+F letter and emphasise them sending written confirmation that they accept? Or just send a short letter asking them to confirm my already sent F+F letter?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport