Time to clear the debt - for good!

Comments

• That is fab you won't need to borrow for your wedding, will make the day even sweeter! Good plan to get a weekend job to cover the extras for your dress, that is dedication!:T
    01.05.2019 - Re-Mortgage - £142,000 :eek::eek::eek: Total overpaid to date: £15,584.33.
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
  • laurag89
    laurag89 Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That is fab you won't need to borrow for your wedding, will make the day even sweeter! Good plan to get a weekend job to cover the extras for your dress, that is dedication!:T

Yeah it isn't brilliant having to go in and do it sometimes but I just remember the reason I am doing the job, and not having to borrow to pay my dress is a good reason :)

I just need to stick at it.
    Total debt to pay: £14,071.41/ Remaining debt: £12,884.12: Amount Paid: £1,187.29

Survey xmas 2018 savings: £10 / £150
  • laurag89
    I worked yesterday at double pay :) so that should be a nice £150 ish extra in my wage packet next month - guess where that is all going? Yep it's going straight to the M&S Credit card :)

Working this Sunday at my second job, but that goes straight into my wedding dress fund!

Almost at £5 on prolific academic so I can cash out and put that to my credit card as well.

Planning to do some more surveys this evening :)
    Total debt to pay: £14,071.41/ Remaining debt: £12,884.12: Amount Paid: £1,187.29

• laurag89
    Yay some good news for a Tuesday - Top Cashback has just confirmed £9.63 for some pet insurance I signed up for months ago :)

As soon as that is payable it is going to my credit card, all these small amounts will get it down eventually.

• Happy Friday everyone!

I have had a couple of busy days so have been unable to carry on with the surveys, but will get straight back onto that tonight!

Had some good news regarding my wedding dress yesterday - due to all the detail on it when I ordered it they said there may be an extra charge to have it made to my length by the designer, but it turns out they can send it with a detachable hem at no extra cost.

Im working again on sunday - more towards my wedding dress fund :)

My loan payment of £277 came out today, but I am unable to view my loan so will be difficult to keep a check on what is remaining on it. Also have the minimum payments to come out for my two credit cards so will update my total when possible.

I am planning to have a clear out of clothes tomorrow, and put some things on ebay/depop which will get me some extra money towards the M&S credit card :)

• Hi Laura. I have been reading your diary. Your budgeting seems to be really under control and I could learn a few tips from you. I also read your old diary and I am currently trying to quit smoking too! I'm 27 and on and off have been smoking for years apart from when I quit for 3 years. Good luck with clearing the debt, you're doing amazing x
  • laurag89
    Hi Laura. I have been reading your diary. Your budgeting seems to be really under control and I could learn a few tips from you. I also read your old diary and I am currently trying to quit smoking too! I'm 27 and on and off have been smoking for years apart from when I quit for 3 years. Good luck with clearing the debt, you're doing amazing x

Thank you debtfreeby30!!

Im in the same position, Im 28 now but I have struggled with smoking for years. I have moved on to Vaping now - I know its still technically smoking but its a lot less expensive. I also feel a lot less dependant on this, but don't feel like I'm missing out either. Im going to use it for a little while and then gradually cut it down to nothing, maybe just use it when I'm drinking - that is when i struggle the most.

Good luck with it, just think of the money you will be saving and the health benefits too! I understand completely how difficult it is though, I have been there so many times.

• I was going to try the vape things again but I gave up last time as I was concerned about what was in it but it can't be any worse than cigarettes :rotfl: I may have to order one and slowly cut down. Have a lovely weekend x
  • I do worry about what is in them too, because there is a lot of mixed research on whether they are better or not, but I feel better - not as wheezy, and short of breath.

I am just trying to use it as a middle ground before quitting, I have tried everything else - cold turkey, patches, gum, spray, champix tablets. None of it has kept me off of smoking.

Try a website called vapemate they are very fairly priced. :)

• Hiya,

Just checking in and catching up. Seems like everything is going very well! Good job on the budgeting and debt busting!

DSL
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport