Breaking Through, Travelling On

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Loved the Flying Scotsman.
    Saw her in York last EAster :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Jenny Agutter is definitely in there :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Scotsman was great, the little tourist trainline is wonderful in any case, the sun was glorious tho v chilly. And we saw a drone taking pix! Seen loads for sale at various places, but never seen one active before. Apparently there was one at the Irish wedding I didn't get to last year :eek:

So, today, I've already been diverted by a few unforeseen emails :eek: but I have a list, good peeps, I have a list:
    - change bed, get bedding on the line
    - bit of scanning, then ...
    - finish backing up computer
    - use dehydrator! That comes first!
    - transfer money to my sister as part of the inheritance shenanigans.
    - cook lentils (several portions)
    - card to poorly relly
    - email to friend
    - weeding.

Oops! Okay, thats nine items :eek: onwards and upwards...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Dehydrator is on (nettles and young blackberry leaves don't smell as nice as lemon balm. Just sayin').

Washing machine is on, bed half done.

Diversionary emails - sigh. Number One. An older lady on freegle who started by telling me I was her soulmate, and is now (still without us exchanging the goods that were the start of the whole thing) emailing and expecting us to meet up at no notice, while refusing to set a time within the next 3 days in the *next* email. For a square foot of insulation that I replied about in a moment's impulse, I really don't need that ...

Number Two. Because of the blog I run, I get journalists wanting to interview me every so often. One has turned up who's funded by christian evangelical groups, masquerading as anthropologists, and tries to identify cults. In other words, she wants to kipper me ... luckily I've just been drafting an email not sending it, and my list of requests before I agree to look at her emailed questions is a joy to behold :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I may even *send* that version of my email :D
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oooh the email sending sounds interesting! I wish I could see the one to the Cult Seeker :rotfl:
    Must use my stash up!
  • Karmacat
    If I decide to send it, I'll pm you a copy :rotfl: I'm off out now to a *physical* post box for poorly relly.

The list:
    - change bed, get bedding on the line
    done, but still not finished the entire job :o

- bit of scanning, then ...

- finish backing up computer

Yes! Blimey, the nettles and blackberry leaves are shrinking away to nothing!

- transfer money to my sister as part of the inheritance shenanigans.
    Cashed the ISA, money is on its way to me.

- cook lentils (several portions)

- card to poorly relly
    Done, and just off now to the post.

- email to friend
    Done :beer:

- weeding.
    Do the blackberry and nettle leaves count? :rotfl:

6/9, and I always planned to do the undone stuff *last* :)
    Save
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Diversionary emails - sigh. Number One. An older lady on freegle who started by telling me I was her soulmate, and is now (still without us exchanging the goods that were the start of the whole thing) emailing and expecting us to meet up at no notice, while refusing to set a time within the next 3 days in the *next* email. For a square foot of insulation that I replied about in a moment's impulse, I really don't need that ...

But you're not appreciating the provenance of that insulation! It fought in the mighty battle of Cotoo where the old false gods were cast down and replaced by new ones!
    Number Two. Because of the blog I run, I get journalists wanting to interview me every so often. One has turned up who's funded by christian evangelical groups, masquerading as anthropologists, and tries to identify cults. In other words, she wants to kipper me

OK..I'll bite...what does kipper mean in this context?
    ... luckily I've just been drafting an email not sending it, and my list of requests before I agree to look at her emailed questions is a joy to behold :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I may even *send* that version of my email :D

You do seem to move in rather more auspicious Circles of the Strange than I do...
    Yes! Blimey, the nettles and blackberry leaves are shrinking away to nothing!

Unfortunately, life is mostly water with a few floaty bits...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Oh no to the strange freegler. How frustrating!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,693 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Oh dear to your odd emails. Freegler lady does sound more trouble than a square foot of insulation is worth! :eek:

Sorry if I've missed it, but are you drying nettles and blackberry leaves for tea? Or something else? Can you do things like dry apple rings in your dehydrator? (Sorry, lots of questions and I have a *vague* memory that you may have already talked about dehydrator so when I'm not on holiday I'll do a proper search to save you typing it all out again :o )
  • Karmacat
    ZTD wrote: »
    OK..I'll bite...what does kipper mean in this context?
    It means set me up for a fall - parade me on *her* version of Circles of the Strange. Given the religious funding, possibly as a heretic? Satanist? Who knows!
    You do seem to move in rather more auspicious Circles of the Strange than I do...
    I like the Circles of the Strange :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: all my interests lie there, except for genealogy and cats :D but everyone else there is mad, except me :D
    Unfortunately, life is mostly water with a few floaty bits...
    This is glorious, Z :j:j:j
    Oh dear to your odd emails. Freegler lady does sound more trouble than a square foot of insulation is worth! :eek:
    Yep, I've drawn a line there. I feel sad for her, but I have enough trouble looking after myself right now.
    Sorry if I've missed it, but are you drying nettles and blackberry leaves for tea? Or something else? Can you do things like dry apple rings in your dehydrator? (Sorry, lots of questions and I have a *vague* memory that you may have already talked about dehydrator so when I'm not on holiday I'll do a proper search to save you typing it all out again :o )
    Not a problem! You can do apple rings (though I'll wait to experiment with that till the apples are ready later this year, there are dozens round here that go begging each year). My ambition, though, is to dry different "greens" - lemon balm, nettles, blackberry leaves, rosemary, hawthorn, chives, good king henry, anything and all thats **green** and end up making my own salsa and pesto - must get some basil plants going very very soon!

I'm chuffed at the response to the email enquiry from the journalist. My anonymous email is now *fully* anonymous, I finally figured out how to change the name its sent from, to the pseudonym I chose for my kindle books, feel very happy about that.

And KnitWitch - I blanded my response right down, stopped editorialising, basically, just "please send me your questions and we'll see".

Save
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Loving the sound of the dehydrator. Every year I plan to dry nettles for the ponies as they love them and then never quite get around to it. Maybe this year.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure