GB Energy Supply reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    satchef1 wrote: »
    Mines going from £72/month to £106/month.

Sure, it's not an increase in charges. But there's also been no increase in usage. My account is still in credit, even coming out of Winter. I can't see why the payments should be going up.

So you lend them money interest free!!
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • satchef1
    satchef1 Posts: 115 Forumite
    I just checked my account. I'm £129 in credit, and my credit has actually gone up each month, even over winter. I'll ring them Friday morning for an explanation, and a justification for hiking my DD by 48%.

By last year's numbers, I should be building £60-£70/month of credit over the summer on an already in-credit account.
  • They have just tried to increase my payments from £116 to £139 a month. Based on the last 12 months use and the £10 credit on my account I should only need to pay £109/month. Even allowing for the 8% price increase in June they are obviously trying to "borrow" as much money as possible from their customers. I've messaged them to say that they either set the monthly payment at a sensible level or I'm off.

Bob
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    edited 30 March 2017 at 7:04PM
    They have just tried to increase my payments from £116 to £139 a month. Based on the last 12 months use and the £10 credit on my account I should only need to pay £109/month. Even allowing for the 8% price increase in June they are obviously trying to "borrow" as much money as possible from their customers. I've messaged them to say that they either set the monthly payment at a sensible level or I'm off.

Bob

I will be doing the same tonight. Ludicrous shady practices.

Just worked it out, they are trying to hike my summer & winter rates by 45%.. insanity!
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • Woppyman72
    Woppyman72 Posts: 63 Forumite
    I was with GB Energy until October of last year and switched when they hiked the rate by 32%.
    Watching Martin Lewis on TV this week reminded me that I was still in credit when I left them 5 months ago.

Just called them and they cheerfully informed me that I was £93.00 in credit. I asked at what point they would attempt to credit the customer back. The response was, "Never, we wait until the customer calls us to request the money". My reponse "That doesn't sound a good outcome does it?" Her response......"depends what way you look at it!!!!"

Theiving little wotsits. Have launched a complaint.....
  • sultanabran
    sultanabran Posts: 172 Forumite
    They have just tried to increase my payments from £116 to £139 a month. Based on the last 12 months use and the £10 credit on my account I should only need to pay £109/month. Even allowing for the 8% price increase in June they are obviously trying to "borrow" as much money as possible from their customers. I've messaged them to say that they either set the monthly payment at a sensible level or I'm off.

Bob
    Or hoping we'll leave as our cheap rates will probably be costing them.
  • Snooze
    Snooze Posts: 2,041 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Is it just me that hasn't heard anything from our new Co-op overlords since the letter about taking over? That was back in December I think. I can log in to my account and it shows a credit balance back in December but nothing since then and obviously my meter readings are now considerably higher. They've removed the meter reading submission boxes and you can only send an email to them now. Clicking on 'my account' takes me to my bill archive and the most recent one is 8-12 December 2016. Same for everyone else?

Is there a new Co-op thread for us or are we all still congregating in this one? :D
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,091 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I still have an online meter reading facility.

My billing cycle has changed from monthly to quarterly and the next is due at the end of April.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • quietness
    quietness Posts: 24 Forumite
    I can still enter meter readings online as I did it this morning, My online account looks exactly the same as it did when it was GB, I'm also still on monthly billing so for me nothing has changed since the Co op have taken over.
  • sheff6107
    sheff6107 Posts: 451 Forumite
    GB Energy Supply Ltd (No. 08500842) went into Administration on 28th November and therefore there should be a clear cut off point for customers as their contracts ceased with this company and they started new contracts with Co-operative Energy Ltd (No. 6993470) on 29th November.

For ease of continuation they have not made this distinction, which appears helpful for existing customers not in debit, but I understand customers that have switched away are being billed for energy under contract with GB Energy Supply Ltd by Co-operative Energy Ltd. Strictly speaking they need to supply a Notice of Debt Assignment to do this.

I also understand some customers are receiving bills which do not take into account credit balances and/or have not had credit balances returned to them. They would probably think it unwise to hand over money before receiving any money owed to them.

Strictly speaking if you owe money to a company in Administration you should not hand it over to a company claiming to have taken over without supplying any legal proof the debt has been assigned to them. Otherwise you could end up with the Adminstrators chasing you for money you have handed over to a separate limited company.

Ofgem's advice has been very wooly and opinion based (with an emphasis of 'everything's ok, don't worry) without any mention of the legalities of 160,000 being potential creditors to a company in Administration.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure