* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• princesskitty29
    princesskitty29 Posts: 1,273 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DROPSOFJUPITER AND MSGIGGLEWICK!

Hi and welcome Pablosmum! Aw I bet you’re really excited about Christmas with little ones of that age! My DS will only be two so still won’t quite get it, but we will be able to do more with him this year.

newthriftI’m so glad you had a good holiday and you are feeling more refreshed, keep smiling.

freespirit wow you’ve been doing well with your spending! I haven’t done any surveys for ages but I’m just starting to get back into them again now. Ah glad to hear you had some help with the garden, it does feel so much better when you tackle a big job that’s started to feel like a burden.

Peppapig wow it sounds like you’re little DGS is doing really well. It’s interesting you mention Mr Tumble, it’s the only programme Wiggle wants to watch at the moment and in the last week he has started doing some of the Makaton signing from the show. It’s amazing to think he’s been watching it and taking it in and then doing it off his own back. They’re just like little sponges so your DGS will be an expert soon I’m sure!

3forholidays I would take the lift too! And I’m sure your dad wouldn’t offer if he didn’t want to.

vulpix I love the idea of us Christmas nuts all living in the same street! I would never get anything done, I’d be too busy nattering and looking at everyone’s Christmas buys!

Prinzessilein Ah it’s lovely to hear you finally got into knitting and other crafts. I only really have time to do my cross stitch at the moment, but at some point I would like to try knitting etc. Your nativity scene sounds great, I do love wooden things, they are so much warmer.

Feisty don’t worry, you still have 6 months! How is everything going? Has your DH had the procedure on his heart nerve endings yet? Have I got that right?!

04624181 good to hear from you, I was thinking about you the other day, hope everything is ok.
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 30 June 2016 at 6:24PM
    FullSizeRender_zpspdv71rdo.jpg
    new ring
     :
  • vulpix
    New kitchen- during and after
    DSC01943_zpszuuu246l.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsnour0mnx.jpg
     :
  • Vulpix, all I can say is I have kitchen envy. So worth all the upheaval that you went through x
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Vulpix Loving the ring and the kitchen! :)

Ideally I would like a kitchen with no units above the work surfaces, as I'm only just over 5ft, but due to the kitchen being a galley shape I probably wouldn't have enough storage space. :think:
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Kitchen-envy????...doesn't even come close to my feelings! ...You could fit my whole flat in that kitchen!!!! (well...maybe....almost!)

Then again, if I had a larger place I would need to keep it clean and tidy, and I have enough trouble with this little place...so maybe I AM happier here!

In an 'ideal' world I would be living up in the mountains...a nice little chalet (one storey of course)...with a porch to sit outside in the warmer weather.
  • FeistyFidget
    FeistyFidget Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DROPSOFJUPITER AND MSGIGGLEWICK!

Hi and welcome Pablosmum! Aw I bet you’re really excited about Christmas with little ones of that age! My DS will only be two so still won’t quite get it, but we will be able to do more with him this year.

newthriftI’m so glad you had a good holiday and you are feeling more refreshed, keep smiling.

freespirit wow you’ve been doing well with your spending! I haven’t done any surveys for ages but I’m just starting to get back into them again now. Ah glad to hear you had some help with the garden, it does feel so much better when you tackle a big job that’s started to feel like a burden.

Peppapig wow it sounds like you’re little DGS is doing really well. It’s interesting you mention Mr Tumble, it’s the only programme Wiggle wants to watch at the moment and in the last week he has started doing some of the Makaton signing from the show. It’s amazing to think he’s been watching it and taking it in and then doing it off his own back. They’re just like little sponges so your DGS will be an expert soon I’m sure!

3forholidays I would take the lift too! And I’m sure your dad wouldn’t offer if he didn’t want to.

vulpix I love the idea of us Christmas nuts all living in the same street! I would never get anything done, I’d be too busy nattering and looking at everyone’s Christmas buys!

Prinzessilein Ah it’s lovely to hear you finally got into knitting and other crafts. I only really have time to do my cross stitch at the moment, but at some point I would like to try knitting etc. Your nativity scene sounds great, I do love wooden things, they are so much warmer.

Feisty don’t worry, you still have 6 months! How is everything going? Has your DH had the procedure on his heart nerve endings yet? Have I got that right?!

04624181 good to hear from you, I was thinking about you the other day, hope everything is ok.

Hi lovely, yes yiuve got that right, sadly we still haven't had a date through :( we are doing well, our routine is getting better and this week I even managed to clean the house! I can cope with things so much better with a clean house. Funny you should mention mr Tumbke as Thursday's are our baby signing class. We've been going for about 10 weeks now but I'm terrible at doing them at home. I think this will be our last term as its £5 a class in advance and madam has now started napping during class time so it's a bit of a waste and not very mse
    vulpix wrote: »
    FullSizeRender_zpspdv71rdo.jpg
    new ring
    vulpix wrote: »
    New kitchen- during and after
    DSC01943_zpszuuu246l.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsnour0mnx.jpg

Wow! Can I come move in?? The ring is beautiful and I am in love with your kitchen!

Prinzessilein you have described my perfect home too 😊
    [/COLOR]
    2024 Challenges
    Live in the moment more and appreciate the small things
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Evening everyone,

VULPIX i love the ring its very pretty, i really like the design :) I literally said out loud to myself WOW!!!!! when i saw the after photo of the kitchen, its massive, i would love to have a dining table in my kitchen, and my first thought was how lovely it will look all decorated for christmas :rotfl:

NEWTHRIFT its the same here i am still wearing my thick winter cardigan most days here! Or if not covered in my winter throw!

MANDCO hello my lovely good to see you back :)

PRINZESSILEIN i too love my nativity set, its gorgeous and very sentimental as DS bought me it with his first pay packet when he got his first part time job at 14, it was a lot of money £60 from Costco and was the best christmas present ever!! I would love to have it out all year but its big and it has quite a few figures so is impractical

CHRISSY i too echo what VULPIX said about getting there early, DD1 and i went last christmas and we got there really early and got photos of all of it without the crowds, we went and got some christmas drinks and walked back to the car park and couldnt believe the queues! As far as i could see they just charged people for photos with the truck (no difference to the photos we got) but i might be wrong!

PINKSTEPS how did DS3 get on yesterday with his injections?

04624181 hello my lovely nice to see you back as well :)

PRINCESSKITTY yes it does feel as if a huge weight is being lifted it looks so much nicer already, as DD1 said we can take pride in it now :rotfl:I dont think we are quite at that stage yet :rotfl:

3FORHOLIDAYS im 5ft 3in and i cant reach my top cupboards it drives me mad that i have to get the steps out all the time!

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Wow VULPIX I am in love with the ring and the kitchen, well worth the wait on both counts.

FEISTY hope you get a date sorted soon. I've become much more interested in Mr Tumble since we realised that DGS is non verbal. It's so lovely the way he is picking up the signing too. He has picture cards that he can use as well and he definitely manages to get his point across. I don't blame you for giving up the classes, £5 is quite a lot when little miss is goi g to use it as nap time bless her.

CHRISSY glad the shopping went well.nwe saw a he Coca Cola truck at Milton Keynes a couple of years ago but it was all a bit low key and we just looked at it and took a few photos and that was it. I think maybe we missed the actual event.

Nice to see you back 0462 (still can't get my head around the remaining numbers!).

FREE so glad things are moving in the right direction, you'll be onto your Christmas lists before you know it.

Had a fairly restful day today but have used up one of my Christmas bargains already. Our lovely next door neighbour put six new fence panels up for us at the weekend. We did a joint order because we both had quite a few panels to replace and he not only put his up but did ours too so I used one of the champagne buckets I bought and a hamper basket I was saving, bought four bottles of wine, two packets of Pringles and made up a thank you hamper with some packing and a roll of cellophane and some ribbon that I was saving. I'm really pleased with it but need to alter my Christmas spreadsheet now lol. I think my iPad has a mind of its own, I have to keep going back and correcting stuff because what it's putting out definitely isn't what I'm typing in!
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • vulpix
    Just a quickie

Chrissy G we went to the Trafford Centre.There was no other truck stuff as far as I know but there was ice skating which isn't our cup of tea.Me n Mr V are what you would call old parents.We are always mistaken for DD2's Grandma and Grandad.

Hi to returners,time flies,only 6 months to go.

Re the ring,I think it has photoed a bit odd.It was my solitaire engagement ring,wedding ring and eternity ring.If I were to be having a new ring to the same value I would choose something different,but I like it anyhow.The wedding ring was a white gold band with yellow gold at either side.I decided on yellow gold as I think it is coming back into fashion again.It went out of fashion at the millennium and is due a renaissance.

The kitchen,I love,great for get togethers.I am another short house who couldn't reach wall cupboards so didn't bother.Plus it's another fashion thing at the moment not to have them.Unfortunately we will be moving again,and it will attract younger buyers.Free,i had a Christmas tree up last year amongst all the muck and mess...die hard.

Also briefly Free,sooooooooooooooooooo pleased that you are feeling somewhat better.

Must dash
    Vx
     :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills