Free Online IMEI Checker

Options
Found 2 websites :-

http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis&sub=imeinr
&
https://prod.eie.net.au/portal/template/MYMIMEIInquiry.vm/action/IMEIInquiryAction

The first one seems to give some 'viable' information whereas the 2nd one I have my doubts about.

I want to check IMEI number of a phone, particularly if I buy it off eBay. Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions on the above sites, or can advise of another free online IMEI checker?
It has taken about 4,500,000,000 (4.5 billion) years for the Earth to form as it is now .........
and it'll only take about another 100 years for mankind to really **** it up!!!!

Comments

• 9217niall
    9217niall Posts: 323 Forumite
    Options
    I always use CheckMend, I know it costs £1.99 (if you order in bulk you can save a little bit) but I wouldn't trust anyone else
    "We are the change that we seek."
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The problem with buying on Ebay is the owner can still report the phone lost/stolen after the sale so any IMEI check will show it as clear when you look.

I get 1 or 2 calls a week from people that have bought on the 'bay and then days/weeks later find the phone get blacklisted. . .
  • shazzprozz
    Options
    i just thought id do some research as i have bought a £300 phone from ebay as an unwanted upgrade.the seller said he would send me a copy of the original delivery note from orange but he wanted to keep the imei number for fraud prevention.i asked to have the original and let him keep a copy.he agreed.why would he need a copy of the imei if the phone was now mine? he made it sound that he was in danger of me doing something wrong to him.what could i do?
    i also heard that the phone could be blocked if he doesnt keep paying his contract.why would he need to continue paying if dosent have the phone anymore? i cant guarantee he will continue paying can i?
    im concerned now that i have made a mistake.he has not posted it yet,im thinking of trying for a refund (if possible).dont know what to do.
    help x
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    edited 25 November 2011 at 11:16PM
    Options
    shazzprozz wrote: »
    i just thought id do some research as i have bought a £300 phone from ebay as an unwanted upgrade.the seller said he would send me a copy of the original delivery note from orange but he wanted to keep the imei number for fraud prevention.i asked to have the original and let him keep a copy.he agreed.why would he need a copy of the imei if the phone was now mine? he made it sound that he was in danger of me doing something wrong to him.what could i do?
    i also heard that the phone could be blocked if he doesnt keep paying his contract.why would he need to continue paying if dosent have the phone anymore? i cant guarantee he will continue paying can i?
    im concerned now that i have made a mistake.he has not posted it yet,im thinking of trying for a refund (if possible).dont know what to do.
    help x

I started keeping a record of IMEI's of phones i sold. It came in handy when someone could not get the free internet working (i rang t-mobile and got it sorted and they needed the IMEI). Also - if they made a chargeback or paypal claim - i would know if the right one was returned, or i could report it as stolen if not returned.

He has probably told you he keeps a record - to put YOU off trying it on. Its quite nerve wrecking for a SELLER with items of this value. There are so many ways for buyers to try it on.

As for him paying contract - if he does not pay they can take him to court for the money. He will just continue to use the sim card in his old phone. Some people dont want the fancy phone, and are happy to use the old one - that includes me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure