Martin Q&A about his work and the site

Comments

• What sort of a boss are you to work for? Are you laid back or a slave driver? Maybe MSE Andrea could post an answer aswell? :rotfl:

Also, what has been your least moneysaving purchase? The one thing that makes you think 'why the hell did you buy that?' :confused:
  • Bump! :whistle: :D
  • I just realised I never did answer SouthernScouser. Let's just say he gets his money's worth :D

Seriously though, being paid to work for a site I was reading for fun anyway is great. What better job satisfaction is there than that? Obviously there's a lot to do to keep the articles updated and Tuesdays can be pretty tiring but when I read how well people are doing on the DFW and How much have you saved? Boards and we get emails from people telling us about their achievements it's all worth it :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • How long does it take you to record the Money Mutterings and are there [STRIKE]many[/STRIKE] any "out takes" to listen to ;)
  • Thinking again about the Money Mutterings I wonder if its feasible to put the articles onto video to help those with bad sight?
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    A bit of a random one I know but I'd like you to settle an on-going argument between me and my brother .... early on in your career did you work on a bbc2 travel show where you had to do a weekly challenge (things like backpacking round Europe with just 30 quid for a week) and then report back the following week? I'm convinced it was you ... my brother insists it wasn't ... who's right ????:rolleyes:
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry - your brother is right - wasn't me.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • sly_dog_jonah
    sly_dog_jonah Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Martin,

Big fan of yours, would love to bump into you one day and buy you a drink - that's if I could keep you in one spot for 20minutes! :beer:

I'm intrigued to know, how much time do you spend administering & tracking your own personal finances*?

I know you're a big fan of spreadsheets so I imagine you have a whizz-bang tracking system, but I imagine you try to keep the time overhead it to a minimum, what with your 70+hr weeks!

* by that I mean excluding all the Martin S Lewis Ltd finances, all your media work etc., and all your journalistic research.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • Mark7799
    Mark7799 Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A bit of a random one I know but I'd like you to settle an on-going argument between me and my brother .... early on in your career did you work on a bbc2 travel show where you had to do a weekly challenge (things like backpacking round Europe with just 30 quid for a week) and then report back the following week? I'm convinced it was you ... my brother insists it wasn't ... who's right ????:rolleyes:

I remember the programme, I think it was somebody called Matthew. At the time it was on, his piece always finished with the presenter saying 'and next week Matthew, your challenge is.....' we had someone called Matthew working with us at the time and he suffered badly from this.:D
    Gwlad heb iaith, gwlad heb galon
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business