Transfer from cash isa to lisa

Is it possible to deposit full 20000 in cash isa now and then transfer 4000 into cash lisa later in the year and 16000 into stock isa?

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,245 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Not via the usual ISA transfer system, no, because current year subscriptions must be transferred in full. However, if you open a flexible cash ISA, then you can make a flexible withdrawal and pay it into one of the other ISAs, then transfer the whole of the remaining funds to the other.
  • I have a flexible cash isa already. If I deposit full amount this year then transfer some of the money already there into stocks isa (so previous years allowance) and 4000 into lisa would that be permitted? The rules are a bit confusing!
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,245 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have a flexible cash isa already. If I deposit full amount this year then transfer some of the money already there into stocks isa (so previous years allowance) and 4000 into lisa would that be permitted? The rules are a bit confusing!
    Yes, you can do whatever you like with previous years money. The providers involved would need to allow partial transfers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure