Are you a shyster site victim for EHICs, passports and other renewals?

Options
13»

Comments

• bigpat
    bigpat Posts: 328 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 March 2014 at 10:01PM
    Options
    MSE.com need to learn some maths, as these percentages are completely wrong. 100% of people have never been caught out? Only because there's only one option on that question. So it means that 100% of people who ticked that box...er...ticked that box.

So it DOESN'T mean that 55% of people have been caught out by EHIC shysters. 55% of the people WHO ANSWERED THAT QUESTION have been caught, but that could still be a small percentage of the overall
  • miniandfloss
    Options
    I nearly got caught out renewingmy parents european Health card- when you google it, you go through what looks an official site - I was a bit shocked you had to pay and googled that and found I had nearly been caught out. I think its awful that these companies can do this.
  • sdooley
    sdooley Posts: 918 Forumite
    Options
    While 'shyster site' has a nice alliteration, wonder if it is the best term to put out for this rip-off practice. It may not be the origin of the word but shyster has definite connotations of Shylock etc...

Scammer site or swindler site also trip off the tongue.
  • Ah1463
    Options
    My elderly father logged on to what he thought was an official esta website and paid £158 for two esta's that should have cost 14 dollars each. The site is estavisas.org.

Avoid like the plague.:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport