PLEASE READ - Posts by the MSE Team and BG's - merged

Comments

• Daphne01
    Daphne01 Posts: 22,145 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I hope this doesn't become the norm :/ I tend to vary who I send requests to and think the system we use now works well.

Hopefully common sense will prevail :)
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    It's clearly best for the BGs doing it to decide which system they prefer. However, I think One-Eye's suggestion makes a lot of sense. Would take a bit of getting used to, but I quite like the idea of a sticky for Merge & Move requests. Whichever BG got there first could sort the request and either tick thanks, or edit the post to simply say something like "Done" or "Sorted". It would also make posting a request easier, as we wouldn't have to worry about clicking to see which BG is green-lighted, or worry if the one we pmed is away.
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • LizB62
    LizB62 Posts: 4,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If the BGs are happy with the current situation, then there's no need to change it.
    If they think it needs changing, then they (the BGs) should decide what is needed :)

Just my opinion !
    Best win ever: Trip to the Galapagos Islands in 2010
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I too think it should be left for the BGs to decide what method is in place re merges; when I find a dupe I look to see if any of the BGs are online, if not, I try and share my requests out between them all.

Weeowens - have u heard back from MSE Andrea yet?
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 14 October 2012 at 4:54PM
    Hi,Ms Chocaholic

No reply as yet.I'm guessing she just deals with things during office hours.
    She's probably very busy as well.
    I've done my first merge using the style asked for in post #1 earlier today.
    Didn't take a deal longer but once the one BG has dealt with it the two offline BG's will now have it sitting in their inbox.Hope they have plenty of space :-)
  • Tea_Pea_Dee
    Tea_Pea_Dee Posts: 3,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Absolute stuff and nonsense!! Madness!! I totally agree with Dalkirst and Glad (the only opinions who really count as they are the ones this thread is all about) that it just makes their work harder, and ultimately annoying in that they will be possibly clicking on a redundant PM. I do send quite a few merge requests, but am downing tools forthwith until MS Andrea returns to this thread with either positive or negative news. We are all volunteers on this board, posters and BGs alike. I have nothing to lose by not offering to do merge requests, ie if I don't then I will not see a difference in my wage slip nor should I receive a P45.

Bah Humbug !!

Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners~Laurence Sterne
    All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others~George Orwell
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Absolute stuff and nonsense!! Madness!! I totally agree with Dalkirst and Glad (the only opinions who really count as they are the ones this thread is all about) that it just makes their work harder, and ultimately annoying in that they will be possibly clicking on a redundant PM. I do send quite a few merge requests, but am downing tools forthwith until MS Andrea returns to this thread with either positive or negative news. We are all volunteers on this board, posters and BGs alike. I have nothing to lose by not offering to do merge requests, ie if I don't then I will not see a difference in my wage slip nor should I receive a P45.

Bah Humbug !!

hi tpd, i stopped sending them as soon as i saw the post from mse andrea as tbh found it a bit confusing :o
    i can't understand the logic in sending the request to all 3 at one time :o
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• lilias
    lilias Posts: 7,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well, in the stickie Divadee says

"A lot of threads being posted are duplicates of other threads. Please can people use the search facility. A userguide to the search facility is above in this thread.

As the search facility can be hit and miss if you do spot a duplicate please can you pm the link of the original and duplicate(s) threads and the board guides can merge them together.

This is not just to keep the boards tidy, but some comps if you enter more than once you disqualify yourself.

Please can you only pm them to one board guide this saves time for board guides when going through the merge requests.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=6604602&postcount=3
  • joe14729
    joe14729 Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    Seems to me that this new merge format is only going to upset the board guides and those who request merges.
    If it ain,t broke, don,t fix it!
    I,m so stupid that I forgot the mnemonic
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi,Tea Pea Dee

I was much of the same opinion re not sending merge pms to the BG team as I found it all a bit confusing with the mixed messages from various people.Plus I'll admit that I was fearful of making a hash of sending to multiple BG's as asked.
    I've now thought about it & will just bend with the MSE admin wind for a bit as I just feel that to do cease any sending of merge messages may not be fair on the less experienced members on here.
    I mean no offence to anyone but maybe together we can just pull together for a few days until we get this sorted either way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure