PLEASE READ - Posts by the MSE Team and BG's - merged

Options

Comments

• Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i know andrea doesnt mean the postals but the post doesn't clarify what she means, free competitions only and postals and text you are paying for either stamps, postcards and entering texts up to £1.50, hence why people are worried about the postals etc

For the purchase comps, we need some rules on that, what is allowed and what isn't, some get posted and stay while others are posted and are deleted:confused: i know some people are following the text limit rule for the purchase comps, i think we all assume if it is under £1.50 then its ok to put on
  • Groovytigger
    Groovytigger Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    Options
    the way i see it is that the Visa,Magnum,Pepsi,Galaxy,Paypal comps etc have an NPN route so i think they are perfectly fine to be on here.:confused:

☼ thankyou to all who post the comps ☼
  • Lynsey76
    Lynsey76 Posts: 3,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    some comps that require purchase in uk have a npn route for northern Ireland too, which they might miss if the comp was not posted.

I agree with the £1.50 rule, and would prefer to keep it as my choice to enter or not. I purchased 6 Magnums and thoroughly enjoyed them. I also enjoyed winning £50 with the codes. But even if I had not won I have still purchased yummy ice cream so I haven't actually paid to enter the comp anyway.
    2008 wins £4405 2009 wins £7194 2010 wins £9615

Best wins ever: Laptop, £1000 John Lewis vouchers, PS3, Xbox 360 iPad Mini :beer:
  • Nicky63
    Nicky63 Posts: 3,210 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I have just learned from a post in I won, I won, I won that a competition for prizes from Tayto crisps was posted and then removed from the main comps board today. So I think we have our definitive answer now. But, why are some comps like the Magnum one allowed and not the crisps one?

I would like to request please that if it has been decided that we can't post small spend comps on this board anymore, could we have a new sub-forum like has just been started in Freebies? (Freebies (Low Spend) Board) :)
    That ain't working! That's the way to do it, money for nothing and TV's for free ;)
  • sparky61
    sparky61 Posts: 10,422 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nicky63 wrote: »
    Hi

I have just learned from a post in I won, I won, I won that a competition for prizes from Tayto crisps was posted and then removed from the main comps board today. So I think we have our definitive answer now. But, why are some comps like the Magnum one allowed and not the crisps one?

I would like to request please that if it has been decided that we can't post small spend comps on this board anymore, could we have a new sub-forum like has just been started in Freebies? (Freebies (Low Spend) Board) :)

The Doritos one is still there and that is definitely purchase necessary as you need to keep the pack.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1628311&highlight=doritos
  • Lickul_miss
    Lickul_miss Posts: 1,552 Forumite
    Options
    what a great idea nicky
    ♫♫♫"Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy! Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy!"♫♫♫
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Al_Mac wrote: »
    Would people please stop jumping to conclusions.

I PMd MSE Andrea earlier, asking her to come back and stop the panic. But is being the weekend, there probably wont be a response until Monday.

I seriously believe this has nothing to do with postal/text competitions.
    So please calm down dear and wait until MSE towers responds.

Many thanks

Did you get a response from MSE Andrea to your request for her to come back and stop the panic? Is the text and postal thread safe?
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    She's probably got a lot to do though...I have also PM'ed Andrea about the same thing. I'm sure she'll look in here when she gets the chance.
  • sparky61
    sparky61 Posts: 10,422 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've sent a PM too, we need to know what we can and can't post, Nicky's idea is brilliant if we have to have a separate section.
  • Mamzie
    Mamzie Posts: 2,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 April 2009 at 4:33PM
    Options
    :eek: I'm invisible... :eek:

I obviously think that Nickys idea was good, as us great minds think alike. I posted these earlier in this thread.
    Mamzie wrote: »
    Another thought is for possibly another sub forum for comps with small outlays.

Please can MSE Andrea or a BG respond to the queries/requests that have been made, and let us know what may happen.

We just want to understand so we know what and where to post.
    Mamzie wrote: »
    Maybe we could at least have a small purchase required to enter thread???

It really helps when people post the different offers that are in various shops when a comp is running, plus you know to look out for certain brands then as well.

I am waiting patiently for a response, but I pm'd about this months ago after it came up on the discussion thread and am still waiting for an answer.
    My light may be on, but that doesn't always mean I am looking at the PC - I am far more likely to be cuddling or feeding Tianna atm, so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't reply quickly :)

Our Precious Baby Tianna has now joined our Family, she is much loved and very welcome, xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure