Ebico / SSE partnership has ended!

Comments

• uk1
    uk1 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have had a meter reader arrive today so either that is a coincidence or it means our gas supply for our kitchen hob has moved to Ebico and Robin Hood and his Merry men. Time will tell. I don't care anymore.
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Apparently Ebico were made aware of the SSE letter by a member of staff who is also an Ebico customer.

I didn't receive the Ebico transition letter because I'm not on their transition database even though I've been a customer for several years. They're investigating why.

I need to decide whether to go for their Zero tariff with 1% discount for DD or not... Apparently, it means a supplier change so can take up to 3 weeks - hopefully before 28/4!

I'm a really low energy user so will probably stay with Ebico.
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    uk1 wrote: »
    I have had a meter reader arrive today so either that is a coincidence or it means our gas supply for our kitchen hob has moved to Ebico and Robin Hood and his Merry men. Time will tell. I don't care anymore.

Well I hope the meter reader goes round the front and reads the external gas meter himself without knocking on my back door as per the SSE reader. They only do this as there is no road access at the front and they are too lazy to park at the end of the street and walk the footpath.
  • uk1
    uk1 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    Well I hope the meter reader goes round the front and reads the external gas meter himself without knocking on my back door as per the SSE reader. They only do this as there is no road access at the front and they are too lazy to park at the end of the street and walk the footpath.

A few years ago whilst we were away a G4S reader decided to let himself into our garage and scrape some studs on his jacket along the side of my expensive car. Of course it was two weeks ie after we returned saw the damage, looked at the cctv and contacted G4S who didn't want to know. Don't you just love them ...
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Smurrfmo wrote: »
    Very cheeky of SSE to be writing letters like this on behalf of Ebico but that is for the two of them to resolve. As l need a no standing charge tariff I called Ebico and processed a move to the RH zero tariff. It saves a smidgen over the current Ebico tariff, time will tell whether it was a wise move on my part.

I don't think a 20-25% saving can be classified as "a smidgen" ;)
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Mee wrote: »
    Apparently Ebico were made aware of the SSE letter by a member of staff who is also an Ebico customer.

I didn't receive the Ebico transition letter because I'm not on their transition database even though I've been a customer for several years. They're investigating why.

I need to decide whether to go for their Zero tariff with 1% discount for DD or not... Apparently, it means a supplier change so can take up to 3 weeks - hopefully before 28/4!

I'm a really low energy user so will probably stay with Ebico.

I applied a couple of days ago, and my supply is switching early April.

What happens on 28/04?
    If you read the info carefully, you will see as long as SSE are notified of an intended switch occurs before 26/05, you'll be fine ;)

Although the sonner you switch, the sooner you'll save! :money:
    (Do not switch if you receive WHD)
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Smurrfmo wrote: »
    Very cheeky of SSE to be writing letters like this on behalf of Ebico but that is for the two of them to resolve. As l need a no standing charge tariff I called Ebico and processed a move to the RH zero tariff. It saves a smidgen over the current Ebico tariff, time will tell whether it was a wise move on my part.

Oh come on; SSE has been doing that for close on 20 years because they manage the Ebico tariffs. What's next? Is Ebico going to object to SSE charging the Direct Debit for equigas and Equipower? ROFL.
    footyguy wrote: »
    I don't think a 20-25% saving can be classified as "a smidgen" ;)

I'd love to see how you worked that out. Personally in the Eastern region, on an annual spend of £197.46p I would save £10.85p if I moved to Ebico Zero and paid by direct debit as I do now. In fact Iresa is very close to that with a saving of £10.41p on their fixed for 12 months tariff.

In consideration of the fact that the Ebico Zero tariff is only guaranteed until December 2017 and a price rise after that date likely, customers looking to save money could be better off switching to Iresa fixed for 12 months and not Ebico Zero variable.
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,722 Forumite
    Anthorn wrote: »

I'd love to see how you worked that out.

Footguy has worked out the difference between Equipower and Ebico Zero because unlike you, they understand that the Equipower tariff will increase between 15 and 20% on 28th April.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    edited 18 March 2017 at 12:41PM
    Stuart_W wrote: »
    Footguy has worked out the difference between Equipower and Ebico Zero because unlike you, they understand that the Equipower tariff will increase between 15 and 20% on 28th April.

So is it 15% or 20% or somewhere in between? There is still no confirmation that the increase applies to Ebico tariffs, no press reports and no official announcement, SSE only saying that it affects the standard tariff and the increase not applying to pay-as-you-go:
    You won't be affected by this price increase if:

You're on one of our fixed price energy tariffs OR
    You have a Pay As You Go meter
    https://sse.co.uk/price-change

All we have is unconfirmed reports from Ebico itself and unconfirmed reports of a letter relating to a price increase which I have still not received.

We have discussed this before you know.

In any event my recommendation of Iresa fixed for 12 months still applies. In the likely event that the Ebico Zero tariff price increases in December 2017, the Iresa fixed tariff will then be cheaper than Ebico Zero. At this time in the Eastern region in which I live, Ebico Zero paid by direct debit is only £0.44p per year cheaper than Iresa fixed for 12 months. Read back to my previous post.
  • bikeman
    bikeman Posts: 318 Forumite
    First I get a letter from Ebico saying I don't have to do anything and I will get moved to RH on Ebico Zero.

Then I get a letter from SSE telling of their price rise.

I contact Ebico and get told that their original letter was wrong and I do have to opt in.

When I try to opt in via the website I get :
    Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

Cant get through by phone.

This a a shambles.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family