Xbox queries

I have the following queries on Xbox:

Gift card

I am going to purchase games from the Microsoft/Xbox store through a digital download. I will be using the gift cards to do this, instead of using card or Paypal, as so I don't have to divulge personal and card Paypal details.

Found some on Amazon where they give you the code by email once purchased. They also sell physical cards on Amazon too. Certain stores and supermarkets sell the physical card too. Example online code - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B018FBCUZI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489433286&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=xbox+cred it&dpPl=1&dpID=61njY5sP8RL&ref=plSrch

I did read the reviews of the online code and code given on the physical gift card on Amazon which is mostly positive and works, but some reviews mentions that the code given doesn't work. Have you guys have this experience before (and it so how was it resolved)? Why does it happen? Can the code be used immediately after purchase, or do I have to wait for a while?

Game Downloads

When downloading the game from the Xbox/Microsoft store, have you got into a situation when the game won't work when the download completes?

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    When you buy the code from where ever you can use it right awa, no need to wait.

Are you pretty savvy ?

Reason I ask is you can save money by buying from foreign Xbox stores. There's a thread on hukd about it, the guys who post on it are really helpful, it's called something like Xbox One buying from other regions without a VPN.
  • book12
    book12 Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    DCFC79,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if I could use a few gift cards in one go (i.e. redeem code one after the other on the Microsoft website or Xbox console)? I am thinking of buying a few digital games that could total just over £100.

If they allow the redeeming of multiple gift cards at once, where can I see the accumulated amount on my Microsoft/Xbox account?

I am pretty savvy, but I still want to use the UK Microsoft/Xbox site to purchase games. Sometimes my card blocks foreign purchases.
  • DCFC79
    book12 wrote: »
    DCFC79,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if I could use a few gift cards in one go (i.e. redeem code one after the other on the Microsoft website or Xbox console)? I am thinking of buying a few digital games that could total just over £100.

If they allow the redeeming of multiple gift cards at once, where can I see the accumulated amount on my Microsoft/Xbox account?

I am pretty savvy, but I still want to use the UK Microsoft/Xbox site to purchase games. Sometimes my card blocks foreign purchases.

Yes you can use say 2x £50 codes, you find the game your after and click buy, click on "redeem code/voucher" and enter the code.

This page shows you how much you will have left once you have bought the game/content etc.
    https://account.microsoft.com/about?ref=MeControl&lang=en-GB&refd=www.hotukdeals.com

Referring to what I mentioned earlier, you click on a relevant store that sells the codes for whatever country, find the game in the foreign store and enter the codes and buy.

Here is the hukd thread

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/xbox-one-buying-from-other-regions-without-a-vpn-virtual-private-network-2452608#comments
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I've seen the reviews about Xbox codes not working and I've bought codes from the same product page and had no issues, I assume if there were a lot of problems there would be a lot more complaints on the page. If you want to go straight to the source I believe you can buy credit through Microsoft direct using Paypal the same way as you would through Amazon (not putting a CC on your account):

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/pdp/Xbox-Gift-Card-Digital-Code/productID.323884100

I've bought credit using Paypal this way although don't know if it's still an option.

In terms of installing a game, I've never had a digital one fail. It sometimes pauses and seems to do nothing but always eventually sorts itself with a bit of patience.

John
  • neoless
    neoless Posts: 26 Forumite
    Of course, the code can be used immediately after you purchase the card on Amazon. I just think that there is a risk of falling for scammers. Via Microsoft/Xbox store you just buy the licensed version.
  • DCFC79
    neoless wrote: »
    Of course, the code can be used immediately after you purchase the card on Amazon. I just think that there is a risk of falling for scammers. Via Microsoft/Xbox store you just buy the licensed version.

What scammers are these ?
  • neoless
    neoless Posts: 26 Forumite
    That the game didn't work after downloading from Xbox / Microsoft store, I have had not it yet. I just heard that this is possible in the event that there is not enough memory or processor power. Then the toy brakes or does not load.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure