• catz747
    catz747 Posts: 20,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Just got that one too :rolleyes:
  • catz747
    catz747 Posts: 20,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Attn: Beneficiary

I am Dr FRANK EDWARD BEN , the driector of Credit Bank Benin. This is to bring to your notice that my office has taking over all the money Transaction originated from any part of African/ Europe and Asia counties etc. as Contract payment, Fund inheritance or Lottery Winning due to Unauthorized/incapability of financial Institutions/security companies In releasing such huge sum of money due to Fraud, terrorist and money Laundry activities going on world wide.

The World Bank Group has Mandated the Credit Bank Benin via my Office to release funds to beneficiaries through Cash delivery, Hence Your Name appears as one of The fund beneficiaries whom their fund was successfully cleared recently From Terrorist and Money laundry and your money will be released to you Through International Cashier's Bank Draft that will be cashable from any International Bank in your country or cash delivery been the only way you would receive Your money to avoid paying excess charges.

As regard to this arrangement, you are advised to contact the telex director Rev Dr James Kuti through his direct email : ( telexdeptcbb12 @yahoo.co.uk)

CONTACT REV DR JAMES KUTI WITH THE CONTACT INFORMATION BELOW.

TELEX DIRECTOR CREDIT BANK BENIN
    NAME: REV DR JONATHAN DAVID
    DIRECT EMAIL: (telexdeptcbb12@yahoo.co.uk)
    DIRECT TEL: +229-93-81-46-53

You are therefore advised to forward your direct telephone numbers, Your complete name and your mailing address to Rev Dr James Kuti for Immediate release of your fund to you, Most importantly be aware that one Million Dollars Only (US1, 000, 000.00) was allocated to you, be also informed That the Fund Approvals and authorization document Including Antiterrorist Clearance Certificate was issued in your name and has been handed over to Rev. Dr James Kuti to release to you.

Finally, Rev Dr James Kuti is standby to receive your communication and Release your fund to you through Cash delivery Without further delay. Make your contact directly to him through Email contact any time because we are working 24 Hours to be able to meet with the mandate given by the World Bank.

Thanks for your maximum cooperation.
    Dr FRANK EDWARD BEN
    YOUR FUND RELEASE.
  • Winjackie
    Winjackie Posts: 1,726 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    catz747 wrote: »
    Just got that one too :rolleyes:

I got that as well. Up until 2 days ago I had never received any of these "scam emails" but in the past 48 hours I have had 7 different ones, ranging from the Peugeot one, one from Nigeria informing me they are holding thousands of pounds for me and also one stating they are holding an ATM card for me (something about thousands of pounds as well).

Do you just delete them or do you report them somehow :confused:
    If at first you don't succeed ........ ;) Alternative autism therapies should be free!!
  • On hotmail there is a tab in the junk mail box to send the the phising scam box that i guess hotmail hold
    Comping & Coupons!
  • bella165
    bella165 Posts: 13,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    South Africa Lottery Headquarters:
    Customer Service
    Batch: 14/211/0374
    Ref: BTL/311OXI/02

WINNING NOTIFICATION

We happily announce to you the draw of the South Africa 2010 world cup lottery bid online programs held in London to support and promote South African 2010 world cup, Your e-mail address was attached, to ticket number: 694 75600545 721 with Serial number: 886/04 drew the lucky numbers 4- 13 -21- 27- 36 -38, which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category. You are therefore, been approved to claim a total sum of 1m(ONE MILLION BRITISH POUNDS STERLING'S) in cash credited to file RPC/9080115322/44.

This year Lottery Program Jackpot is the largest ever for British $ South Africa Lottery, The estimated 125 million jackpots would be the sixth biggest in U.K/. S.A. history. The biggest was the 363 million jackpots that went to two winners in May 2007 drawing of The Big Game, Mega Millions' predecessor. Please note that you're lucky winning number falls within our booklet and our representative office in South African as indicated in our play coupon. In view of this, your ₤1M (ONE MILLION BRITISH POUNDS STERLING'S) would be released to you by our paying bank in SOUTH AFRICA.

Our agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds to you as soon as you make contact with him; all participants were selected randomly from World Wide Website through computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 companies. This promotion takes place annually.

For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some unscrupulous elements

To process your claims you are hereby advice to contact the Claim Agent immediately with this information.

NAME:............................................................................................
    ADDRESS:......................................................................................
    NATIONALITY:...............................................................................
    SEX:...............................................................................................
    AGE:...............................................................................................
    PHONE/MOBILE:............................................................................
    FAX:...............................................................................................
    OCCUPATION:................................................................................
    COMPANY:......................................................................................
    BATCH/WINNING NUMNBER:.........................................................

Agent Name: Mr. Fortune Smith (Dir)
    Omega Crossing Ltd,
    South Africa
    Tel: +27 73 605 9284
    Email; [EMAIL="omega_consultant@hotmail.com"]omega_consultant@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]

To avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please quote your reference/batch numbers in our designated agent.

Congratulations once more from all members and staffs of this program. Thank you for being part of our promotional lottery program.

Sincerely,
    Mrs. Monica Henrik
    Zonal coordinator

i won this one today lol had the other 3 as well im worth milions now
    Replies to posts are always welcome, if they are done in the correct manner. If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • rrickyuk
    rrickyuk Posts: 8,335 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just had a call from someone saying that I recently entered a competition for home improvements. Asked about windows...

Got rid of him and then traced the number: 0870 220 9319, and it was...

Weatherseal!
    Al Mac Appreciation Society No. 188
  • rrickyuk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just had a follow-up call from them, politely got rid of the (second) bloke, then he rang back to say that he thought we had been cut off the first time! Full marks for ingenuity, I suppose! icon8.gif
  • rrickyuk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Call number 4!!

Is it just me? icon8.gificon8.gif
  • Hi,
    Just wondered if anyone else has had such a negative encounter with this company?
    Their website is still up and running.
    I signed up for entry into their monthly prize draws and was promised entry into thousands of competitions. They have been very quick to withdraw money from my credit card each month but I'm still awaiting confirmation from them. A phone call recently established that they had an entirely fictitious email for me which does not even resemble my email. I signed up for this over the telephone and giving them my credit card details was not the wisest move I've ever made :( Phone calls and emails to the company and to another company which makes the withdrawals on my account: West Quay Ltd. in Southampton have resulted in promised phone calls back to me. I'm still waiting.
    Since they are clearly in breach of contract for not providing me with any details of my so called membership, I'm thinking it might be worthwhile pursuing this in small claims court? I've spent roughly £50 now for nothing.
    To add insult to injury, someone tried illegally withdrawing money from my account last week. My credit card company was very alert and informed me. Very few UK companies have my number and security number. Obviously I'm not accusing this company, but........well it's worrying.
    Would be very interested to hear from anyone who has favourable or unfavourable views about prizedrawcentre.co.uk
  • tiredmumof2
    tiredmumof2 Posts: 862 Forumite
    Just received this one - all seem to be flooding through since last week so I'd like to know which comp has sold the details onto these scammers!!:mad:

CONGRATULATION !!!

We are pleased to inform you that you have won sum of
    500,000,00 Pounds ( FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS STERLINGS ). in the
    UKNational Lottery Draw held on the 30th June 2008.please contact claims
    agent
    with contact information:
    NAME:
    ADDRESS:
    COUNTRY
    TEL AND FAX NUMBERS:
    ticket number 564 756 00545- 188
    with the serial number