N Power & Love2shop vouchers

Sorry if this has been posted before - had a quick search and couldn't find anything similar to this.

Our deal with Scottish Power was up with at the start of December so I shopped around and found the best deal seemed to be the Go Fix 8 tariff with N Power, I was swayed by the vouchers as without them it wasn't a huge saving we were making. Only problem is that the welcome pack came through yesterday and there's no mention of the vouchers and when I check my confirmation e-mail from moneysupermarket there's no mention of them either!! I'm just worried that two months down the line once our supply has transferred I'll end up having the try to chase the vouchers up but have no proof of the offer in the first place. Has anyone else who signed up to the Gofix tariff for the vouchers had any confirmation that you are due to receive them?

Don't know if i'm just worrying over nothing but if we're not going to get the vouchers I might as well try to cancel within the cooling off period and go with another tariff with no incentive.

Thanks

Comments

• foxyuk
    foxyuk Posts: 966 Forumite
    Sorry if this has been posted before - had a quick search and couldn't find anything similar to this.

Our deal with Scottish Power was up with at the start of December so I shopped around and found the best deal seemed to be the Go Fix 8 tariff with N Power, I was swayed by the vouchers as without them it wasn't a huge saving we were making. Only problem is that the welcome pack came through yesterday and there's no mention of the vouchers and when I check my confirmation e-mail from moneysupermarket there's no mention of them either!! I'm just worried that two months down the line once our supply has transferred I'll end up having the try to chase the vouchers up but have no proof of the offer in the first place. Has anyone else who signed up to the Gofix tariff for the vouchers had any confirmation that you are due to receive them?

Don't know if i'm just worrying over nothing but if we're not going to get the vouchers I might as well try to cancel within the cooling off period and go with another tariff with no incentive.

Thanks

your 14 days cooling off is when you receive the contract, the vouchers do not get posted until your supply starts.......
  • foxyuk wrote: »
    your 14 days cooling off is when you receive the contract, the vouchers do not get posted until your supply starts.......

Sorry didn't really explain it right. I meant that with having no proof of the voucher offer should we just cancel now to avoid any problems further down the line. I read all the small print beforehand and am aware the vouchers would not be sent out till around 6 weeks after supply starts.

I'm just a very cynical person and with it potentially being 3 months before we'd expect to see the vouchers I don't really want them wriggling out of sending them as we have nothing in black and white saying that we're going to get them. So I wanted to know if anyone else that had signed up for the deal have had the vouchers confirmed in writing as if there's not just me there's less of a change of being messed about if that makes sense.
  • gentleorange
    gentleorange Posts: 1,827 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi, I'm wondering about this too, as my old supplier have offered me £100 credit on my account to stay with them, and I'm wondering if that solid offer is better than hoping the vouchers turn up.
  • madmix
    madmix Posts: 12 Forumite
    I'm just a very cynical person and with it potentially being 3 months before we'd expect to see the vouchers I don't really want them wriggling out of sending them as we have nothing in black and white saying that we're going to get them. So I wanted to know if anyone else that had signed up for the deal have had the vouchers confirmed in writing as if there's not just me there's less of a change of being messed about if that makes sense.
    I think your best bet would be to go back to Moneysupermarket and get another quote for the Go Fix 8 deal, taking screenshots of the pages where the vouchers are mentioned.

They're still on offer now, so there's nothing to stop you doing that.
  • one person from npower said it was npower who send the out vouchers

today another person from npower said it was moneysupermarket who send out the vouchers

IIRC moneysupermarket also said it was npower sending the vouchers

After making a complaint about that & other things I am now awaiting a written letter from npower to clarify the situation

I certainly do not feel comfortable with just the saved webpage from moneysupermarket & conflicting verbal information provided over the phone

My guess is that in six weeks I will not have received the vouchers & then will spend a ridiculous amount of time on the phone & writing letters/emails trying to get them & possibly failing due to the incompetence of staff at both companies
  • From: Jennifer Roxburgh Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 9:15 AM To: Subject: RE: Customer Enquiry Dear *******. To confirm your cash back is due to be paid no later than the end of March. Had you not been eligible for the cash back I would have notified you of this. We can track the way you came to our website and can see that it was via moneysavingexpert.com. With regards to the offer of £100 of Love to shop vouchers, this is not offered by moneysupermarket.com. Unfortunately you seem to have been mis-informed by Npower. This offer is available on various different comparison websites and it is Npower who is responsible for sending out the vouchers. I can only suggest that you contact Npower again and request to speak to a manager with regards to the offer. Regards Jenni Roxburgh Utilities Advisor MoneySupermarket.com MoneySupermarket House | St. David's Park | Ewloe | Flintshire | CH5 3UZ | UK Tel: +44(0) 1244 665700 For details on jobs at MoneySupermarket.com click here
  • stephga23
    stephga23 Posts: 202 Forumite
    The vouchers are sent from npower and will arrive approx 6-8 weeks after your supply/tariff ha gone live
  • stephga23 wrote: »
    The vouchers are sent from npower and will arrive approx 6-8 weeks after your supply/tariff ha gone live

Thanks for the reply - are you a customer that has had the vouchers or are you just going off what the comparison websites said initially?

I'm getting more and more concerned by the day that these vouchers will never materialise. There's no mention of them at all on the npower website and I've double checked all the paperwork in my welcome pack and there's nothing in writing about them. Have a really bad feeling about this, my 14 days cooling off is up with tomorrow - i'm seriously considering phoning up to cancel as without the £100 vouchers I could have got a better deal elsewhere.
  • scofra
    scofra Posts: 20 Forumite
    Have also initialised switch to NPower GoFix 8 under the £100 voucher offer (from Simplyswitch, but Uswitch also quotes it on their site). Have since called NPower (twice) who explained that:
    - they offer a £75 (total) voucher if switching directly with them over the phone;
    - they are aware that some sites offer up to £100 and it it the sites' responsibility to issue the vouchers, not NPower's...

Also contacted Simplyswitch who is convinced that it is NPower who issues the vouchers.

When reading the T&Cs on Uswitch and Simplyswitch: it appears that NPower will be issuing/sending the vouchers.

Does anybody know any more accurate information? I am also thinking of cancelling switch, rather than have to fight for vouchers that might be wrongly advertised!

Thanks!
  • Inigo_Montoya
    Inigo_Montoya Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 7 December 2011 at 12:48PM
    stephga23 wrote: »
    I work for them - I can assure you this is the correct timescale given and that npower without doubt do send the vouchers out, a bit concerning you are all receving conflicting information.

I to have transferred my supplies over to this 2 weeks ago - so still 4-6 weeks to wait for the vouchers.

They can sign you over the phone but you will only recieve £75, personally i would go for the £100 via the comparrison website but that is just my opinion.

Hope this helps.

is there any chance you can private message me your name as I would like to contact Npower complaints team & tell the to talk to you because they dont seem to have a clue themselves

I received a written letter today from 'Diane Daldry' at Npower complaints saying moneysupermarket send the vouchers

Theres no way im going for one of these offers again - simply not worth the hassle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure