Quit..rest ..restart . Diary no.3

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.comshowthread.php?t=5349916
And possibly the last . Not sure if the link works .

From someone who never bothers with diaries ( I’m the person who gets one from the office but leaves it in a drawer for 2 years ), to someone who has done two on m s e .

As the title suggests , diary 1 is quit ( 28/10/2015)
Diary 2 is wondering what now?( 2/04/2017)
Diary 3 is trying to pickup the pieces of the puzzle and put them together so everything fits . (29/22/17)

I must thank all the regulars ( Lesson Learned, harz, enthusiastic , gigervamp, Anna , copperjar cew Wendy &co. ) plus all the others who have been reading and thanking me along the way.
I do think that, had the internet and this site had been around when we first had problems that a lot of mistakes wouldn’t have happpened.

There are many people worse off of course, but Like others I want to avoid falling down after trying to rebuild myself ready to be more sturdy and robust for what is thrown at me in the immediate future and beyond.

Biggest obstacles to overcome : lose the weight / find a part time job/find confidence to meet new People / stop lazing around/
Oh, and get off the prednisolone .

Hope you enjoy the journey with me .

Thanks
Ac

Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Happy New Diary AC :D
    Will follow, cheer and prod along...

*Subscribed - Again ;)
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Happy new diary AC and good luck with living within a budget, finding a job and improving your health and fitness. All good aims for 2018.

DH and I are off to a hotel in Winchester for a 3 day break for New Years tomorrow. Also waiting to find out whether we will have a new grandson or granddaughter in April/may as our daughter having her 20 week scan today. Exciting stuff.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • dreaming
    dreaming Posts: 1,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi AC, just happened upon your new thread whilst wasting time waiting for dinner to cook. Don't spend so much time on internet these days but occasionally look in to see how you are doing. Seems to be going well for you.

Alfie cat is still with me although we had an emergency visit to vets on 20th Dec. £315 later (2 consultations and 3 lots of medicines) he kept me worried for a few days but is now back to normal. If it's not kids, it's cats causing all the grey hairs, and bank balance palpitations!

Anyway, hope 2018 sees you happy and healthy, and moving towards your goals. All the best AC, and readers.
  • Hi folks :)
    Thanks for your kind words . Dreaming it’s good to hear from you again. Glad Alfie is still kicking it . I remember the last year of my cat sweepy, I paid out around £750 . Everything else came second to her of course :)

Well enthusiastic , you’ve reached retirement :j cool !
    Great news about being a grandma soon . I think that’s what the Americans say .

Uncanny Scot , I will be catching up on your diary over the next few days . Hope all is good for you . :)

I will post something below in a moment as a brief catchup .

I must wish you all a happy new year , whoever reads this :)
  • Now where was I ? Apart from visiting my friend with no trousers on ,I’d better mention a few bits and pieces .
    Went to the gym on weds, and was given a more thorough workout than expected . Mr personal trainer is happy , and I guess in a way I am. Need to be there more and after seeing him on the1 st aim to be 3 days a week and some stuff at home .
    I ordered 2 pairs of jeans in a smaller size waist from m&s and will be getting them delivered to me next week. I hope they fit . Everything else is falling off me . Fingers crossed.

Will be brushing up my cv and by end of jan should be meeting agencies or at least talking to them .

It’s weird with this illness . One minute you’re daring to go. The next you’re tired lazy and achey. Still I’ve rested long enough and don’t want to over complicate stuff. I just need to get on with it.

I’m still reigning in my budget now and a lot of habits like going to the coffee shop have all but disappeared . I have cut down on what I eat and how much etc.

Regarding the flat : a couple of tiles by the bathroom have started to have bubbles appearing on them and are a bit on the damp side and need re grouting already . The wood inside the cabinet is already decaying on one side . I’m asssuning that it’s because everything got moved back further against the wall giving me more room but it is the outside wall so to speak . Wall is cold but not wet. The dehumidifier must be doing it’s job. The good thing about me painting the rest of the flat white means I can see any discolouration mold or dampness .
    Neither seems present apart from those two tiles.
    The wood inside the kitchen. Cupboard under sink is decaying rapidly
    I may get James to have a look. May get him to give quote on kitchen cupboards . I’ll mull it over.
    I found out that my block of flats used to be a nursing home before it was converted a few years ago . The taxi driver used to see his wife’s mother in there .

Every time it rains the puddle outside the block is massive and very long . Takes ages to dry out . So I had a live chat online with Wessex water . Very helpful . They even cane out to investigate. The chap told me that it needs to be looked at by Poole council. He could see the issue . So I emailed Poole council. I saw their van outside . Guess what , the water was more or less evaporated when he looked.
    I expect them to say that there’s nothing to see here etc
    When they do , I will apologise but send them photos of the problem.
    Watergate:)

Music room tidied at last . Everything is more or less where it should be. Had to order an interface tho as there is no sound coming out of my bass when recording . The instruments on reason are working tho

Need to sort out bedroom soon . Just a few boxes of clutter to sort out
    I have boxes from things purchased that I have to keep. Where to put them? Other than the obvious I’m not sure :)

That’s it for now
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Nice shiny new thread for a new year!

You need a loft AC! It's annoying that retailers insist on things being returned in their original packaging. We put our boxes up in the loft, then when a few years have passed, chuck the boxes. But I don't know where they expect people who live in flats are supposed to keep them.
  • Can you collapse the boxes AC so they are easier to store? Loft or garage obviously ideal but in the absence of that flat packed boxes could go on top of a wardrobe or behind something if you don't have a cupboard. We are having a second little granddaughter in May so thrilled :j:j:j
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Good Luck in the new year - and I would recommend agencies for getting you back into even part time work.
    Aiming to make £7,500 online in 2022
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,636 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    So AC, we come to the final part of your Trilogy, very best of luck and a slightly early happy new year to you.
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Good luck AC have subscribed again to follow your journey. You are doing really well . I am losing weight as well and need to spend some money on new clothes. My new year's resolution is to decorate my whole house starting with my kitchen and tidying as I go.
    Could the folded boxes go in your wardrobe behind the clothes at the back wall. Write the date you bought the items on the box. If something is guaranteed for say 3years I write keep till and then write on that date. Then once a year I do a clear out and it's off to the recycling for them.
    Happy New Year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport