If you have ben on a speed awareness course & with admiral

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    craggs wrote: »
    .....But I wonder myself now if you didnt tell them about the SAC,,how they would find out,unless they dug really deep whicjh I doubt they would......

How did they discover yours?
  • craggs
    craggs Posts: 256 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    How did they discover yours?
    I told them, but the reason was I rang when i thought I was caught to tell them i think I've been caught for speeding,

But after doing the course I took it no further until my renewal came through and when i excepted they declined it.they wanted proof id not been convicted, which i replied id not I just went on a sac.

But what angered me was my proof of no claims came in with it on the section any convictions it had sac.., at the time other companys didn't no how to deal with so i got insurance declined by one.
    Dony worry,be happy...
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    I told them, but the reason was I rang when i thought I was caught to tell them i think I've been caught for speeding,.......

All this seems a bit self inflicted!

As this thread has been revived, perhaps you should edit the OP in which you told us:
    craggs wrote:
    .....Its ok saying im not going to tell them,but admiral new I had been on it somehow.......

In fact they only knew because you seem to have had an urge to confess to them!

Others are now unnecessarily worrying that admiral have some way of finding out when in fact your OP was not quite telling the proper story!
  • rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I told them, but the reason was I rang when i thought I was caught to tell them i think I've been caught for speeding,

But after doing the course I took it no further until my renewal came through and when i excepted they declined it.they wanted proof id not been convicted, which i replied id not I just went on a sac.

But what angered me was my proof of no claims came in with it on the section any convictions it had sac.., at the time other companys didn't no how to deal with so i got insurance declined by one.
    You should have gone through with the DVLA conference call! DVLA wouldn't know anything about a SAC.
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Crikey. How were you caught speeding? Did you go down to the police station to confess, after spotting your speedo drifting slightly over?
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you think that's bad, Churchill gave this guy the sack when he got banned for speeding.

It's cost him thousands.

http://www.bitterwallet.com/tag/drink-driving
  • craggs
    edited 19 November 2012 at 11:39PM
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    All this seems a bit self inflicted!

As this thread has been revived, perhaps you should edit the OP in which you told us:

In fact they only knew because you seem to have had an urge to confess to them!

Others are now unnecessarily worrying that admiral have some way of finding out when in fact your OP was not quite telling the proper story!

I rang admiral to say I thought I had been caught for speeding at the time I didnt realise,,it was just a general call,,after going on the course and told we didnt have to tell them I forgot about it on my renewal date,,when i was denied,I asked why,,and they said we think you may have a speeding conviction,which i didnt,so I denied this and also telling them my liecence is clean,,I decided to end the call and think it over.

I decided to call admiral back and speak with someone else,,I kept asking what this is all about being denied,,and the girl I spoke to said ''we believe you may of been on a SAC''''how did they know this? that is what I ment by 'admiral new I had been on the course somehow',,it's only since this week,I don't believe they new,,but at the time It seemed like they did,that is infact the story.
    Dony worry,be happy...
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    If you think that's bad, Churchill gave this guy the sack when he got banned for speeding
    I always find it wryly amusing to see Alastair Stewart presenting Police, Camera, Action and pontificating about bad driving from his lofty perch of two convictions for drink driving.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • embob74
    embob74 Posts: 724 Forumite
    Options
    I was told by the course instructor that we did not have to inform the insurance companies and it would not show up anywhere as it wasn't a conviction.
    I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to force them to charge me a higher premium!
  • craggs
    Options
    kingstreet wrote: »
    I always find it wryly amusing to see Alastair Stewart presenting Police, Camera, Action and pontificating about bad driving from his lofty perch of two convictions for drink driving.

LOL,,Never new that :D
    Dony worry,be happy...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family