Anything & Everything New York (PART 2) - [please search thread before posting]

Comments

• M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    netflights will add on about another £20 per person plus then a booking fee..

normally, the cheapest for delta flights is delta.com
  • ajdj
    ajdj Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    markymoo wrote: »
    I'll be in NYC then... albeit it over in Brooklyn from the 11th..... :D

Markymoo,

My partner and I are thinking of booking to go to New York at the end of March. We went this January so hoping it will be a little warmer this time.

We are thinking of doing 4 nights in Manhattan and 3 nights in Brooklyn.
    Planning to stay in the Chelsea area as we loved it around there. We walked everywhere last time, and plan to do the food walking tour in Greenwich Village, a ferry trip to Statue of Liberty and TOTR as these are the things we didn't do this year. We are both foodies too, so love the choice of restaurants in Manhattan.

Based on the sort of things we like, wondered if you had any tips for must see things in Brooklyn? I've read that the shops and restaurants around Park Slope are nice so we would probably opt to stay around there. Prospect Park also looks worth a visit, but i'm a little worried about having enough to fill 3 days. Also a bit worried about our last day involving a lot of travelling as we would be flying in and out of Newark. Any help/opinions would be helpful! :p
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Well, Brooklyn is huge in comparison to Manhattan, and as I've not really explored it, it's a tricky one to talk about.

I'm staying in Williamsburg this time, but Park Slope does seem quite a nice area too, let me go in September, and then I'll post some information about it all..

M
  • Kim_Possible
    Kim_Possible Posts: 848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can i ask for opinions on Millenium un plaza or Millenium Broadway:confused:
    tia
  • ajdj
    ajdj Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    markymoo wrote: »
    Well, Brooklyn is huge in comparison to Manhattan, and as I've not really explored it, it's a tricky one to talk about.

I'm staying in Williamsburg this time, but Park Slope does seem quite a nice area too, let me go in September, and then I'll post some information about it all..

M

Thanks, wasn't sure if you had been to Brooklyn before. Look forward to hearing about it all when you've been. (Did try to thank you and it won't let me for some reason!)
  • HGLTsuperstar
    HGLTsuperstar Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    Marky don't shout but, and I know you said once before but I couldn't find it so sorry, but which side of the plane do you sit arriving into JFK for the best view?
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    HGLT.

The Pilot normally has the best view.... ;)

The only time i've ever got a view of Manhattan is when i've been flying into La Guardia, which isn't used for International flights unfortunately.

Otherwise it is totally hit and miss, as some people have got views, into EWR/JFK, whereas I haven't....

M
  • Lobell
    Lobell Posts: 621 Forumite
    Having trawled the net endlessly today, I've just about settled on 3 nights at the New Yorker (early December) plus flights for £520 each for me and a friend.

It's several years since I was last in NY and I can't recall what we paid before so can anyone tell me does this sound like a good deal? We're hampered by having to travel from Belfast (preferably) or Dublin.

Thanks
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    youve paid it so you need to be happy and forget about it . Personally from Ireland £520 inc 3 nights at the new yorker i would be happy with in early dec
    well done you
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • Lobell
    Lobell Posts: 621 Forumite
    greenface wrote: »
    youve paid it so you need to be happy and forget about it . Personally from Ireland £520 inc 3 nights at the new yorker i would be happy with in early dec
    well done you

I haven't paid it yet :) But I probably will do first thing tomorrow once I've had a chat to the friend I'll be travelling with.

Roll on December :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport