Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Comments

• When I booked a Ryanair flight recently I was offered the chance to buy a Ryanair-approved case direct from them (free home delivery). All in cost is £69. As it's made by Samsonite its probably going to be ok. I have been trawling websites to see if there is anything else available before I buy direct from Ryanair but so far have not seen anything with wheels that fits the very narrow criteria fixed by the company. I don't think you can buy one of these cases unless you've already booked a Ryanair flight. Obviously this case will be fine for easyjet too as the latter allow a larger max dimension (56x45x25 as opposed to Ryanair's 55x40x20).
  • Hey, my GF works in the local airport here for a handling agency of ryanair, she says that these bags fit perfectly, i cant post a link but if you google "the right size cabin bag" you should be able to find it.

Thanks

Paul

I bought one of these in Spain, slightly cheaper thatn website and paid 40€. I know it is a little more expensive than some but one round trip and it is paid for. It is the perfect size and very lightweight. Definitely recommend.

AlimacB
  • ryanair get worse and worse in my opinion it is all the stealth charges where they get their money from. any way if you are looking for a lightweight hold all type thing check out the Enzo Rossi Holdall at briefcase direct.co.uk it is vey light for a leather bag. :money:

is it not about 5 pounds for a chicken sandwich on their planes?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,578
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    deadly_dan wrote: »
    is it not about 5 pounds for a chicken sandwich on their planes?

No idea.
    Never bought one, never will buy one.
  • jaytar
    jaytar Posts: 160 Forumite
    I have been trawling websites to see if there is anything else available before I buy direct from Ryanair but so far have not seen anything with wheels that fits the very narrow criteria fixed by the company

I bought this bag from Ebay and have recently used it to fly with Ryanair to Gran Canaria. I went for two weeks and easily managed to pack everything I needed. (Which was a miracle in itself because I always pack waaaay too much :o). It fitted into the Ryanair cage easily and even though it has wheels it still weighs under 1kg. My partner used the Flylite holdall and had trouble fitting it into the cage on the way back and had to shuffle things about a bit before it would go in.
  • mai-tai
    mai-tai Posts: 21 Forumite
    I bought some back packs from Tesco, one was with the hiking bits and pieces, and the other was with the surfing/water sports bits and pieces. Both are under the dimensions set, but they have the side straps on them to prevent all your clothing bloating the bag out. They were the biggest bags I could see that were within the limits, not too small... but also not expensive.
  • Get a Dunlop Trolley case from Sports Direct. Dimensions are Height 51cm Depth 19cm Width 34.5cm and it fits easily & perfectly in the Ryanair luggage cage, including wheels & handle. Mine cost £7.99 just a week ago (50% off).
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Get a Dunlop Trolley case from Sports Direct. Dimensions are Height 51cm Depth 19cm Width 34.5cm and it fits easily & perfectly in the Ryanair luggage cage, including wheels & handle. Mine cost £7.99 just a week ago (50% off).

Looked at these, but the height including wheels and handles seems 56cm, so probably fit the cages, not sure it will fit in the cardboard boxes that some seem to use to size bags.
  • UKHCGirl
    UKHCGirl Posts: 206 Forumite
    has anyone flown from eindhoven recently? I only ask because they seem to be checking in more places recently and whilst i bought my bag to fit the dimensions exactly, when full, its slightly bigger and i have no urge to buy another bag.
  • Jersy
    Jersy Posts: 554
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i got mine in tk maxx!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts