Phoenix Life (Pension) website

Comments

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,140
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    OP, if your prime considerations are ease of access, an excellent website and efficient administration, had you thought of a transfer out to Hargreaves Lansdown SIPP?
  • timbo1955
    timbo1955 Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 20 March 2017 at 4:09PM
    xylophone wrote: »
    OP, if your prime considerations are ease of access, an excellent website and efficient administration, had you thought of a transfer out to Hargreaves Lansdown SIPP?

That's what I did with one fund but right now my sole consideration is whether anyone else can get secure-online-access.net to work. It doesn't matter who my original provider was, I don't get that far into the site, or onto it at all in fact.
  • timbo1955 wrote: »
    That's what I did with one fund but right now my sole consideration is whether anyone else can get secure-online-access.net to work. It doesn't matter who my original provider was, I don't get that far into the site, or onto it all in fact.

Have you tried ringing them?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It doesn't matter who my original provider was

It does because phoenix operate different systems for the different legacy companies. Someone with a Scot Mutual policy may reply telling you theirs is working fine. That is no use to you if yours is not Scot Mut.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,140
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It does because phoenix operate different systems for the different legacy companies. Someone with a Scot Mutual policy may reply telling you theirs is working fine. That is no use to you if yours is not Scot Mut.

http://www.phoenixlife.co.uk/customer-centre

OP, have you tried the above?
  • timbo1955
    phoenixlife/customer-centre

I cannot quote the site address!?

Yes, that's how I get to SOLA which doesn't work. I still think that if I cannot get as far as SOLA then it makes no odds who my provider was but if you, not you Xylophone, can think of a way it can then my original policy was with Pearl at Peterborough. It's like if I can't get onto Barclays website then it doesn't matter whether I wanted to ask about my branch in Aberdeen or one in Falmouth.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    timbo1955 wrote: »
    It's like if I can't get onto Barclays website then it doesn't matter whether I wanted to ask about my branch in Aberdeen or one in Falmouth.
    No it's not.
  • timbo1955
    edited 20 March 2017 at 5:14PM
    No it's not.
    Yes it is. Just as it doesn't help knowing which forum I want to post on if I can't get on to MSE at all.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    http://www.phoenixlife.co.uk/customer-centre

I can access that website just fine.
    Following 'Contact centre' then provides an option 'I wish to make a complaint'
    Follow that and it says:
    ' To find the contact details for our customer centre team responsible for your policy, please enter the name of the company your policy was with before it became part of Phoenix Life e.g Cornhill, or select your provider by clicking on full list.'
    As others have said there are literally dozens and dozens of old companies on the list - it obviously does matter who you were with.
    Have you made a formal complaint yet?

PS - I had an old pension which ended up with Phoenix, when I retired I was going to transfer it out - until I asked and found out it had a guaranteed annuity rate of over 8%, so of course I stuck with them. Happy days !
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Yes it is.

No it is not.
    It's like if I can't get onto Barclays website then it doesn't matter whether I wanted to ask about my branch in Aberdeen or one in Falmouth.

Thats a naff comparison as the Barclays system is the same across branches. The Phoenix systems are a collection of legacy systems that are not integrated and one may go down and have no impact on the others. Phoneix themselves are spread out over multiple locations and the staff in one wont have access to policy details with the others.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure