Options

Comments

• motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Fridaaaaay :j
    Weekend already wow time flies.

Had a good day again today. Heard from BC today regarding 1 account. (We have 2) :o. Anyway when I logged into my BC account last night I realised they had added interest and a late payment charge :mad: Promptly got in touch with them with one of my intelligent letters and quoted lots of things that I learnt on the DMP thread.
    Reply today from them saying "all interest and charges refunded and all interest and charges stopped from now on" :beer: feeling quite chuffed at the minute.
    The second BC account has moved to missed payment today so it looks like this is the next one I will have to deal with. Bring it on lol

Budget done for the coming week. Weekly things paid and monies shifted around the accounts, some added to my 2nd savings account which is building nicely, grocery money sorted although I don't need very much due to my Ocado delivery in the week. Still keeping the grocery money though and will add what I don't use to one of the savings accounts. Gas and Electric topped up and we are sorted for another week.

This debt busting is becoming addictive.

So far so good with our DMP, things are ticking along nicely and this has ended my week on a high :j

Hope you are all looking forward to the weekend too.
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • motivated
    Options
    :j
    Second BC have replied and also said "late payment charge refunded and all interest and charges stopped from now on" :D

Feeling smug again. I know I shouldn't be but at least I know that every penny I pay off my debt will reduce the balances from now on.

Just 2 loans to deal with now, hopefully we will hear from them this week and they will go easy on us too.

Sunday evening already :eek: it only seems like 5 minutes ago that I said yay it's Friday. Time flies when you're having fun eh ;)

Nothing too exciting happening here but at least things are calm and relaxed. Going to have a nice hot bath look at ordering mother in law some flowers for Mother's Day. Wish I could send my mum some :( sadly she passed away 19 years ago now. Feels like yesterday. and then find something decent to watch on TV. Just a chill out night I think.
    Enjoy what's left of the weekend people
    M
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You sound so positive, well done on your successes with the two Barclaycards:T
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • motivated
    Options
    boxofpaws wrote: »
    You sound so positive, well done on your successes with the two Barclaycards:T

Thanks BOP
    I also had a result with MBNA too :T
    Just Halifax to follow suit now I hope :D Fingers crossed I will hear very soon
    M
  • motivated
    Options
    Hi all

just realised I haven't updated my diary (smack on hand) time flies by so quickly when you're having fun ;)

Not much happening on the debt busting front to be honest, I will feel like I have actually done something with it on the 1st when my first payment goes to SC. Its sitting nicely in one of my savings accounts ready to be shifted back to the correct account for the DD.

Struggling a little with budgeting. I have run low on funds this week. We have obviously overspent this week somewhere. We still have money to last until Friday but its less than I have had at this time of the week. Have lapsed this week and need to reign it in again. Will need to keep a spending diary to keep track of everything.
    I had the free trial of YNAB a while ago but I couldn't get my head around it. I know there are some on here that swear by it. Should maybe look into this again.

It just goes to show how much we must of been spending pre LBM without giving it a second thought.

Oh and yes I am supposed to be working at this precise moment, but no one is around and when the cats away :p

M
  • motivated
    Options
    Wow another week gone, I'll be debt free before I know it at this rate :rotfl:

Another budget to do ready for the week ahead and will be taking this one seriously. I may be being too unrealistic with it. I may drop the weekly amount I am sending to the savings account for yearly things, I think I am trying to run before I can walk to be honest. Will give it a try and see how it goes. Definitely need to sort it so as not to have to dip into our emergency fund unless it's a real emergency.

Lots of housework to do at the weekend. Need to catch up on jobs that I have gradually let slip. I plan to write a list of jobs that need doing and work my way through it.

Debt wise, I still haven't heard from Halifax regarding loans and if I haven't heard anything by Monday I may see if I can pluck up the courage to ring them :eek:
    I know SC would have been in touch with them by now, I suppose I am just looking for reassurance that they will accept the payment plan with SC and then I will know that all is in place and I can just work my way through it all via out DMP.

Am off for an early night, feeling shattered tonight. Will watch a bit of TV in bed as this helps me to drop off.

Night all
    M
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    I reckon it took me the best part of three months to get to grips with YNAB. A month of tracking spends, a month of attempting to budget and realising our numbers were wildly off, and a month of rejigging how we arranged our various on- and off- budget accounts/debts, dealt with cash withdrawals and allocated our savings pots. But doing all of that has been genuinely life changing and allowed us to get a grip on our debt in a way we couldn't have begun to before - we were so oblivious to our spending that I don't think we could have started to pull our way clear of debt without working through that process.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • motivated
    Options
    Thanks TOPM
    I am going to look at YNAB again at the weekend give it a go and stick with it. If I get stuck I will give you a shout :D
    M
  • motivated
    Options
    The sun is shining today, what a beatiful morning and a lovely start to the weekend :T

Debt wise nothing much happening. 6 days until my 1st SC payment goes. I'm actually counting as I'm anxious to get out the starting blocks. It makes me feel like I am in limbo as I'm just waiting for something to happen.

I have also been looking at You Need a Budget, I had a free trial a while ago and it expired. To be honest I didn't do much with it it seemed too complicated. It says you have to pay yearly and it's in dollars. I think it works out around £36. Not too expensive I know but I'm a little hesitant whether to sign up just in case I waste my money. I'm in debt in case you wasn't aware :rotfl:

Plans for today
    • Walk dog - Done
    • Laundry - Done
    • Housework - need to get motivated for this one
    • Clean bathroom
    • Ironing
    • Spend some time tidying the back garden. A chance to enjoy the weather
    • Look at sim only deals as I can upgrade now but want the cheapest deal out there.
    • MSE time :)
    • Need to clean windows but :eek: I hate that job

Hope you have all got the sunshine too
    M
  • foxyloxy11
    foxyloxy11 Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I just use a book myself and work out my own budget system. I have done it for years. If you're reluctant to part with cash, start with paper and a pen. list all your outgoings/money coming in and work out what you have left. That is your budget. Then anything that goes in or out of your bank keep a record and make sure you add or subtract it from the budget. simples !!!!
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback