Go Skippy Car insurance

Comments

• Cheapest quote on insurance...

But the price increases when you want to make a change are just obscene.

I recently made a simple request to make amendments to my insurance policy. I was then told that this would DOUBLE my insurance on my 1.2l car to £2900!!

I then completed a quote with other insurers only to find that the highest quote I would get was £2100. The cheapest of which was £1100.

However, if you wish to cancel insurance with GoSkippy you will be charged for ALL of the extras supplied. When they worked out the total of the extras it actually came to more than the years insurance total!!! What a complete scam!!

Never Again!!!
  • joejm
    joejm Posts: 7 Forumite
    I purchased policy with goskippy last night and alarm bells rang when they were taking offline payments and also when I received an e-mail saying that they will take 48 hours to send an e-mail confirmation. I e-mailed them this morning asking for immediate cancellation of policy and they asked me to contact customer service. So I been touch with HSBC bank for my options of retrieving the funds and they explained to me the ways of doing this and they were really helpful. They also confirmed that Southern Rock Insurance company only processed the payment this morning. I got a call from Mr Rocco this morning and he confirmed that he will cancel the policy and reverse the payment as soon as I notify the cancellation department. I still haven't received anything other than an automated e-mail response saying they will take 48 hours to respond. I will be more cautions when I purchase something online next time and will go through this website for peoples reviews and experience.
  • joejm
    I rang them up again and spoke to Mr Rocco from cancellation department and he send me an cancellation e-mail and confirmed that the payment will be reversed within 3 to 5 working days. I will update on the progress when this is been done.
  • joejm
    got the money back from them today
  • Please don't go near them. They are really a scum! Expecting a refund from them but its the opposite now.

Plus this + this and goes on....till you are left with nothing.
  • sebandie
    sebandie Posts: 34 Forumite
    Another one registered in Gilbratar. I had one come up really cheap on the comparison sites some time back.
    I wisely chose to pay more.

Glad i did, A while laters complaints started to appear on the net. No longer on the comparison website i see.

Oh yes they are
  • Oh dear. Just found this after experiencing some issues with our new insurer - Go Skippy! And we have paid the year in full too :-( It really was a fair bit cheaper than the rest of the insurers for us.

Have been insured and driving for over a month and then randomly received a letter asking us to send our driving licenses and proof of no claims in within 7 days or face cancellation and further fees even though we've already paid the year in full. Never been asked for this before when moving from 1 insurer to another, thought it was all electronic! Phone lines impossible to get through to too. OH eventually got through to say we would need an extension and they gave us another 3 weeks without question which is good. Have now sent it all off so hopefully hear nothing more and never have to make a claim. Will be sure to come back and update this thread for others as couldn't find anything on this company at all.
  • i'm with go skippy/southern rock. this is my first car, but to be fair after speaking with people i am paying way over the odds. i'm currently third party fire & theft only, with absolutely nothing else added or covered to my policy. no windscreen cover, breakdown cover, etc. i'd be lucky to come out of an accident with anything other than my health. I personally wouldn't renew with them next year, i'd rather sell my car and wait 'til i can afford fully comp. no bad experiences as yet, but nothing to rave about either.
  • vaio
    vaio Posts: 12,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tarantino wrote: »
    i'm with go skippy/southern rock. this is my first car, but to be fair after speaking with people i am paying way over the odds. i'm currently third party fire & theft only, with absolutely nothing else added or covered to my policy. no windscreen cover, breakdown cover, etc. i'd be lucky to come out of an accident with anything other than my health. I personally wouldn't renew with them next year, i'd rather sell my car and wait 'til i can afford fully comp. no bad experiences as yet, but nothing to rave about either.

It's often the case that TPFT is more expensive than fully comp particularly if you opt for a really high excess, playing with the options to find the best solution is easy in these on-line days so you shouldn't be paying "way over the odds".

More generally, I don't really understand how despite having had no bad experience with them you would rather give up driving than renew. Seems a strange thing to say.
  • For some reason I couldn't post a new thread so I had to nose in. My apologies.

I have bought a second car. I have a 4 yrs no claim bonus on my first car. Now I want to use that bonus on my second car on my current insurer by telling them that I don't want to insure my first car but instead second car. Hopefully they will do this.

Now I am left with my first car without insurance, bear in mind (although it is illegal) I still have the 4yrs discount insurance certificate of my first car with me. So now I will go and find another Insurer to insure my first car, showing them I have 4yrs no claim discount(basically I am lying about this) But will this work I mean I know I can't insure two cars on same no claim discount. Will the new insurer find out about this? They don't do cross check now do they? What do you think guys?

P.S I had lost my 3 years no claim bonus in an accident (car was written off obviously) but was eventually able to get it back by showing that same 3 years no claim bonus to the new insurer and thus currently on 4yrs running with the current insurer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure