Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)

Comments

• rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Happy Birthday Louby, hope you have a fab day xxx

Gemm, get yourself to the GP and tell them what's going on, thinking of you xxx

Rusty, yay you're in the card swap!!!

Skiergirl, ouch your toe sounds very painful! I went for the Big Shot as it can take bigger/wider dies than the Cuttlebug (not that I can afford them as they are very £££). I ordered my first Nesties yesterday, hoping that the Big Shot will be here today :j

Sorry haven't caught up with blogs this week, must try harder :o
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    :bdaycake: Louby It's Yer Cake Day !! :bdaycake:

Have a fabby day!

Giggle Baby Chuckles is gorgeous and I have a well worn lap so if you can post him to Essex by all means!! :D
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• _party__party_ HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOUBYLOULOU _party__party_
    Hope you have a fantastic day xx

Giggle What a cutie he is :)

Gemm I agee with Rainmac, at least make an appointment and go talk to the drs. He may be able to help without changing your tablets. It goes without saying if you need an ear to bash, you know where i am. It sometimes helps just writing things down :) xx

Right off to do some stamping today.. If anyone is still waiting for things off me can they PLEASE send me a PM.. Ive lost my little book that i write everything in :o. I know i have some to do for wifey but past then i just cant remember x
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!:rotfl:
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..:D
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 3 June 2010 at 6:34PM
    Happy Birthday Louby-Lou-Lou!
  • Addams
    Addams Posts: 881 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Congratulations Giggles, your grandson looks gorgeous.

I have had a look at all your blogs, the cards are all brilliant.

I did look at the ATC swap, but I have never done embossing before. What do I need to do embossing and how do I do it!?
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Marg - Thanks. £300 a night in Durham :eek: ... I am shocked!!

Gemm - Sorry to hear things are bad at work, surely they have to give you some kind of relief for your own sanity? Maybe you could ask the doctor to sign you off for a couple of weeks, then it gives you a break?

Loubylou - Happy birthday to you!! here is some cake

pink_big-cake176-fb.jpg

Rainmac - Thanks, I best go over and check and see what the theme is! :eek:

hoping to craft again today, only managed the one card last night and yet know I need to make more!! :eek: did manage to find some nice free aliens though which hopefully will give me the boot up the bum I need. Got to take DD to asda today, she isn't a happy bunny cause her brother isn't here so said we would look in toy aisle see if there was anything she wanted ... we went out armed with her birthday money yesterday and all she came back with was a reduced Handy manny and tools, I thought that was hilarious considering OH was expecting lots of princessy things!!

Wifey have replied to your PM :D
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Addams wrote: »
    Congratulations Giggles, your grandson looks gorgeous.

I have had a look at all your blogs, the cards are all brilliant.

I did look at the ATC swap, but I have never done embossing before. What do I need to do embossing and how do I do it!?

Depends on if you just want to do dry embossing which is with things like embossing folders which can be used in a die cut machine, or there is wet embossing which is where you use a glue pad (clear) and use embossing powders on top then use a heat gun over the top of it to give a raised effect. A good example of dry embossing can be found here and wet embossing is here

The links explain it much better than I do! :)
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Crafty_JuJu
    Crafty_JuJu Posts: 703 Forumite
    :j Happy Birthday :j Louby-Lou-Lou, hope you have a great day :beer: x

Rusty - Keep an eye out for Postie tomo (fingers crossed) I've sent Maddy alittle present for her birthday (sos its late) it was one of those things you see & just have to get cos you know they'll like it :D Theres also a little something in there for you too :D
    The bracelet, did it not spring back? Emilys pulled one before but I managed to get it to spring back :o
    :wave:Hi, I have a passion for crafting.......I'm always up to something :rotfl::rotfl:

:j I have found the key to weight loss.....ZUMBA :j
  • ali.b.123
    ali.b.123 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    Morning folks, lovely sunny day here!!
    Giggle -congrats on your new giglet!!! He looks gorgeous xx
    Gemm - ((hugs)) - hope work is a better today xx
    Louby - HAPPY BIRTHDAY:bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake:
    Rainmac - has postie been??

• flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    :j:jHAPPY BIRTHDAY LOUBY LOU LOU :j:j

:bdaycake:HOPE YOU HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY XXX