IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PPC Appeal Help

Hi All

Need some advice here. I parked at my GP surgery for routine visit but in rush entered the registration number of my other car in the tablet system at the reception. I have now received the PCN from Civil Enforcement limited. I have sent them couple of emails attaching proof from the surgery that I parked legally and asking to check their records for my other car registration number (I know now that I should have visited this forum first). On both occisions they have sent a standard reply stating my appeal has been rejected without any mention of my second car registration.

I am now thinking of sending them another email (using advice on this forum) asking for contract information, sign plan, photos etc. which I would need for my POPLA appeal. Will this step be helpful or should I go straight to POPLA appeal.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,639
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    What happened when you complained to the Practice Manager? This person has a claim from CEL and the Surgery would have cancelled it if she had asked earlier (post #9):

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=112266

Not that CEL at that surgery *let* the Manager cancel any more apparently. High time they were kicked out. Do they not know about the car parking principles (Government Policy communicated as long ago as 2013)?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/481556/HTM0703NovemberUpdated.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles

The Surgery are disregarding the Will of Government and the memorandum sent to all NHS Trusts by the Dept for Health.
    I am now thinking of sending them another email (using advice on this forum) asking for contract information, sign plan, photos etc. which I would need for my POPLA appeal. Will this step be helpful or should I go straight to POPLA appeal.

Not helpful, you need nothing of that. Try the complaint first this week.

Then if not cancelled by the surgery after your VERY assertive complaint (not an appeal to the Practice Manager, not ''please help. No? Oh alright then'', more like pointing out they are disregarding Government Policy handed down via the Dept for Health. What are they going to do about this harassment of patients, how dare they sign up to this regime, against the Dept for Health policy?

Then if no joy after the complaint, do POPLA before the 28 days is up to use the code. Shame you gave away the driver in your appeal. Such an easy peasy win for a keeper if you had not! Never mind, use the other POPLA templates from the NEWBIES thread post #3 and show us next week/this month, after exhausting the complaint option first, as your priority.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DanVittori
    DanVittori Posts: 29
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for a prompt and thorough reply. When I went to see the receptionist after receiving letter, she said that they can't help and gave me advice sheet on how to appeal to CEL. The parking system has been in place for quite some time.

It will sound sloppy but I have lost time in emails and responses and the POPLA code is more than 28 days old now (didn't register deadline). Please advise what could be my options. Should have found this forum sooner.

Best regards
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 9 March 2017 at 10:02PM
    If the POPLA code isn't working (check it online at POPLA right now, as they do last 32 days-ish) then see it off at court claim stage instead. We've never seen CEL cases with a claim go any further, after they see a forum defence like here, same as all the other CEL defences...

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=109329&st=0

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71748239#post71748239

With the usual outcome, no hearing:
    Just wanted to thank everyone on the forum & especially everyone that offered advice on this thread as the court confirmed that my case has been stayed.

About the easiest one to defend and stop in its tracks. You could not ask for an easier one except for the PPCs that don't try claims. CEL do but are hopeless.
  • DanVittori
    Forumite
    Thanks again for a prompt response. Just checked and popla code is not working. Do I need to wait now for court claim or shall I contact CEL again for a new code.

Best regards
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    DanVittori wrote: »
    Thanks again for a prompt response. Just checked and popla code is not working. Do I need to wait now for court claim or shall I contact CEL again for a new code.

Best regards

You won't get a new PoPLA code despite the fact that the UK Gov says ADR should be available for up to one year. You could add that CEL/PoPLA are in breach of the ADR 2015 Act of Parliament in your complaint to the practice manager (not receptionist.)

You could try a late appeal but PoPLA will reject it, again despite the will of Parliament.

Alternatively see if you get court papers and come back here if that happens.

Oh, and ignore debt collectors.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Just wait and read other CEL defence posts to see that it really IS the case that we can help you beat them at claim stage. Both links show successes with no hearings. And all CEL claim/defence threads here have been the same for over a year.
  • DanVittori
    Forumite
    Thanks again for your prompt and comprehensive advice. Much appreciated.

Will wait for the clain stage and come back near the time. In the mean time is it worth complaining to the GP practice manager and if there is a template/example letter available which I can follow.

Best regards
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Yes, always complain to the landowner/idiots responsible for bringing in scum ex-clampers! There is no template - it is more genuine to write your own from the heart (not saying who was driving, say ''we'', not ''I'' just in case it is passed to CEL) and use the Government links that I gave you in post #2 to ask why the heck they are disregarding the Dept for Health policy set by Government in 2013?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure