John Ryan or Warren Evans Mattress

Options
We've been looking at a new double mattress.

We've been to bensons, dreams, John lewis, furniture village and it's all got so confusing.

I think we've settled on a pocket Sprung

We've around £700 to spend. I've seen a few threads and seen john Ryan and Warren Evans mattresses mentioned abit and was wondering if anyone has one or has tried them?

Comments

• Liverpool85
    Liverpool85 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 30 May 2017 at 11:19AM
    Options
    We have the origins pocket 1500 (since Feb) and really like it. We have a zip and link superking and ottoman base. The double would be well in your budget. I find it well supportive rather than sinking in-squishy. The top layer is soft padding and I've added a Dunelm simple mattress topper for extra comfort and protection.

It was cheaper than Bensons and feels better quality. I found the website and calling for advice helpful. It's definitely better to sleep on than our previous combo which was a cheaper pocket spring mattress with a v expensive memory foam topper.
  • TheCyclingProgrammer
    Options
    We have a John Ryan Origins Pocket (1500 I think).

It's not a bad mattress and I don't have much to compare to. However, in terms of comfort I would describe it as ok. It is medium firm and we've always used a topper with it - a cheap microfibre topper initially and we now have a wool topper.

I weigh 80kg and there's a noticeable dip on my side. I was told this is normal settlement in the top comfort layer. I'm not entirely convinced.

In a few years when it's time to get a new mattress I'm very tempted to try one of these online mattress companies (Simba, Eve etc).
  • bettz
    bettz Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We tried the simba mattress in john Lewis and weren't very keen, also they hide the bad reviews which put me off why not just be upfront.
  • bettz
    bettz Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone tried a Warren Evans mattress
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts