* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• Welcome to the thread Fosterdog!

I'm looking for a new Christmas sack for all my presents as the one I had for years has now given up!
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Can I join in for next year? Been reading the 16 thread for a while and thought I'd wait for a fresh start and new year to join in.
    Stressful Christmas, so unwinding and doing nothing today. Hoping everyone had a good one and is having fun hitting the sales and getting a head start for next year. I've got a good few presents, cards, paper, bags, crackers and a few other bits to start restocking.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • Morning all, having a lazy day here
    Yesterday was brill
    I am now the proud owner of a beautiful big snowglobe it's battery operated so the golden flakes constantly flutter and swirl Aron game the illuminated golden deer that stands inside the globe- it is beyond beautiful and I've wanted a snowglobe for so long.

The children all clubbed together and totally surprised us with tickets to see kiss next year.

Ds1 loved his ticket box I made him, in fact all the gifts were well recieved. Dinner ended up being for 12 with two extra arriving for tea so a lovely busy day, chilling today.

Next year I plan to be moe organised, start making stuff earlier and be more mindful of what I gift do I not just filling people's homes with stuff.

Have a lovely week everyone.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Welcome to the thread Crazy-Cat-Lady! Hoping that you manage to find a few bargains to replenish the stocks!

Was looking at these as a possible replacement for my Christmas sack - http://www.bmstores.co.uk/search?q=Christmas+sacks

Has anyone seen these in B&M's to advise on the quality and size etc?
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 26 December 2016 at 5:56PM
    Welcome to the thread FOSTERDOG and CRAZYCATLADY.

CHRISSY belated happy birthday, glad you had a good day.

Had a lovely day yesterday. Was lovely having DGD here in the run up to the big day so we could share her excitement. Quiet day today, I'm not even out of my pyjamas yet and may not be all day lol. DGD has gone to her dad's and DD is leaving for home shortly so will try and chill later. I'm fighting the urge to take the Christmas decs down at the mo - feeling the need for clear surfaces and open spaces :D

Very sad about George Michael, 53 is no age. I can't remember another year when we've lost so many people from the entertainment industry. RIP George.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Hope everyone has has a good time
    Id like to try and join in if thats ok i enjoy reading everyones ideas
    Im hoping to dowsize to 1 bed place so need to be very organised and although i used to think i was fairly good i seem to be struggling atm hoping to pick up lots of tips and ideas
    2nd purse challenge no040£0 Sealed pot challenge ???? £2 trolley find not counting small coins till end year
  • Welcome muffin man
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Evening, hope you all had a lovely christmas? I did post yesterday morning. But in the old thread and have only just managed to read back. I did wonder why it was quiet lol.

Thanks 3forhilidays for setting up the new thread. I always look forward to a new thread.

I had a really nice day with the family. Today has been bliss. Ive done nothing. We had leftover xmas dinner for lunch then a freezer buffer for tea. With paper plates, so no washing up :-) .

The Kids have played with their toys and are over the moon with what they got. Everybody is happy.

My plan for the week is to do very little. Ive been ill since October. So I plan to try and recouperate before heading back to work on the 9th. I do have some xmas vouchers to spend, so that will be the most I'll be doing. Maybe take the kids ice skating and some nice walks for fresh air.

One thing that let me down was underestimating how long it would take to build a table football game I got for them to share. I always sit down on Christmas Eve with a couple glasses of Prosecco and watch It's a wonderful life. I just love it. I started building at 8:30pm and was still at it at 12:30 am :-( so no wine crossed my lips and no film. I might watch it tonight, but its not Christmas eve, so it will mess with my karma lol.
    Don't think I can go all xmas season without no watching it though. I spend all November just watching the cheesy hallmark type films, then save Elf, the Santa Claus etc for dec. then xmas eve is for Santa Claus the movie, The polar express then it's a wonderful life.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • Welcome to the thread Muffin Man 7! Hoping that you will get some useful tips. :)

SPC No 043
  • Please can I join in? I've recently got the crafting bug and have built up quite a stash already. I'm looking forward to making gifts and decorations all year. Have managed to find some great bargains in the Sainsbury's sale - wash tape for 15 - 30p, cards for 25p and stickers for 25p. I also found some great craft paper in Poundland. Just need to get organised...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure